don't click here

Did you enjoy HTZ when you first played Sonic 2?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Qjimbo, Oct 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Settle it once and for all :P

EDIT: First poll btw, hence why the options are a bit wierd xD

2. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I'm to scared to vote.

The trees in HTZ has always inspired me, and so has the music. The lava design sucks. The red ball enemies with angry eyes are so cool!

I must say yes!

3. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    Im torn on this issue. Darn it QJimbo why do you gotta make me make hard decisions :o

Ok, my vote is that I did like HTZ, but given the choice(you know, SEGA/SonicTeam saying "Hey, we're gonna remake Sonic 2 and you have a choice to make, either we keep the Hill Top Zone, or we shut you guys up and build Hidden Palace Zone. Choose wisely.") I'd have to go for the HPZ. HTZ had some great music, and some of the elements in the game were pretty nice, like the background and as LOst said, the angry red balls. But Judging from how HPZ *could* of looked, via playing S2 Long Verison(spamming! :o ), I would have rather had HPZ. And even in the beta, theres one element I would have loved to see in action, but unfortunately never got to see working in the beta and the hack, which is the water slide thing. I thought of how kick ass that would have been :P incase any game hackers are wondering, that's my little request list :)

4. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Completly off topic but
    lmao :D

5. I said it before and I'll say it again, it looks better this way.

Attached Files:

6. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    That's a negatory, cap'n.

7. Kampfer

Kampfer

I really didn't care. When I first got to HTZ, I was just happy to get past the Casnio Night Boss (which was a nightmare when I was 8).

8. I've always liked HTZ, even though it uses EHZ tiles. It also bears too much of a resemblance to Marble Zone in Sonic 1. However dispite these two things, I still enjoy the stage, and the badniks. If ST used HPZ or WZ, imagine what could have happened to HPZ and MHZ in S&K.

Looks like a Chiwawa or something. I liked the other one better, where his face was smushed and he looked grumpy, lol.

9. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    I enjoyed it back then, and I enjoy it now. Just because it reuses the EHZ tiles is no reason to dislike it.

Another edit of my Dom Joly sig. xD

10. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    [offtopic]Argh! Get rid of those images, they're ugly! It isn't MY fault that Mozilla's Nuke Anything mod isn't working... >_<[/offtopic]

Anyway. I like HTZ, it feels like Marble zone and Marble Garden zone to me. Which I also like.

Well, I would like Marble if it wasn't for the spike bug. I need to get SMC :P

11. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    I really liked HTZ, when I first played it I either didn't notice or didn't care it used EHZ tiles/Sprites and I liked the BG.

12. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Dom Joly is a king among men, how dare you insult his good looks.

13. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    You are the only one brother :P

Everyone sees the EHZ tiles. A palette change is not helping much.

14. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Oh god, it hurts my eyes! Especially the left!

15. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Huh. I like it. :P

16. Zeck

Zeck

I chose Hidden Palace Zone, in whatever games/hacks have the hpz in it, I just love them, love the music, layout, everything, possibly greatest s2 level ever, anyone else agree?

17. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    no

S3&K HPZ > S2B HPZ :D

18. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    I liked Hill Top zone back then. It is a pretty unique level, even after all the examining that you can do to it. Besides the fact that they reuse the tile, it's still quite a fun level.

It's the first of the levels to introduce the pitfall areas. What's so great about the pitfalls is that their weren't as many of them, but they were still there, making you freak out whenever you accidentally fall off something.

The backround scrolling effect was really awesome. it definitely made you feel like you were up in the sky. No other level, off the top of my head, had had a scrolling backround which definitely introduced a nice new theme to it (correct me if I'm wrong on that part).

The enemies are well placed in the level. Staying one place too long could have all the rings drilled from by a sneak attack from above. Not jumping in time could have you burned by the badnik with fireballs. And even the evil eyed ball is dangerous if you stay on the see saw area. It's really great.

Level layout is really great for this level. You are always going down slding platforms so you have no idea what's down below you. The parts where they have lava rising in definitely innovative and gives you that panic feeling. The feeling where if you aren't fast enough, you're screwed. The trees, like LOst said, are definitely good-looking.

So overall, you could say that EHZ is a copy off HTZ, not HTZ of EHZ.

For my vote, I voted that I liked HTZ, but would rather have HPZ. I kinda voted too quickly so I would prefer Yes! instead of my answer.

19. Ted

Ted

The Original Forum Gay Member
    Coming out of the closet =P

:wub:I LOVE HILL TOP :wub:

Mainly cause of the music, but I like how they have the rising Lava.. which is fun to play with, and that rising Hill.. I aso like if you fall off, you die.

Good stuff =)

20. Frigidare

Frigidare

Above picture copyright of IFG Publications Member
    Trigger Happy TV rocked when it was on, but it's finished now :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.