don't click here

SAGE 2014 Act 1

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Overbound, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    Hello Retro! This is pretty much a copy/page job from Sonic United/SFGHQ's forums. Just wanted to let everyone know what was going on with SAGE.

SAGE 2014 Act 1 is only 38 days away! As such now is the time to begin preparing your game and entertainment pages. As previously mentioned game and entertainment pages will be hosted onsite this year. You must register to gain access. Today I have started handing out usernames and passwords to access and edit booth pages for registered users. Registration instructions are as follows:

Once you've registered an email will be sent with information to login and start editing your SAGE Page(s).

Remember this year SAGE isn't just for games we're accepting all kinds of creative content through entertainment pages. Music, illustrations, videos, and more are also acceptable content and will be listed separately from the games on an entertainment page.

Game creators please also keep in mind that while we are allowing you to upload small files such as images to the SAGE server please host your game downloads elsewhere to save us bandwidth. We recommend Mediafire.com as downloading files is straightforward and Mediafire.com does not have a 20 second wait to start a download.

Original Announcement:

[​IMG]

It's no small secret that SAGE has struggled the past few years. But thanks to many dedicated individuals SAGE has always been pulled off. Despite a lot of effort that didn't quite happen in 2013. Deranged Soma owner of SonicUnited.org and myself have are taking steps to ensure the success of SAGE for years to come. By building a website that can be easily reskinned for SAGE year after year no longer will we have to create the SAGE experience every year. From now on SAGE will be ready to go twice a year with all the features you've come to expect from past SAGE events. With that I'd like to announce SAGE 2014 Act 1.

Features:

SAGE Chat – As is the norm a SAGE chatroom will be accessible via the SAGE website or you can join using your favorite IRC client.

Game Pages – Using the popular CMS Wordpress Strong Gust and I have built a site to allow game authors to edit their game pages in real time on the SAGE sever. No more looking for a host or poorly designed booths. Game creators will be able to add verbiage and upload images directly to the SAGE website. We ask that you please host your demos and videos elsewhere but they can be linked easily from your SAGE page. We will have a list of recommended file hosts soon.

Entertainment Pages – Similar to game pages artists and content creators will be able to upload their works to their very own page on the SAGE website. Uploads can include music and images. You are also welcome to embed youtube videos or link to offsite files to download. If you are unsure you content qualifies contact us!
    All pages will allow for commenting so that contributors can get feedback on their works.

To Register for Page(s) send the following to: [email protected]
    Booth banner: 200 x 96
    Desired Username and an email address for setting up an account to access your SAGE Page(s).
    A description of the page(s) you'd like to contribute.
    We will make the final decision on how many pages your submissions require. Games will get their own pages. For other submissions we might ask you to put your fan art and music on a single page. We will look at each situation individually.

Registrations are due by February 15th

SAGE Promo Video – We will be releasing a SAGE promo video in the weeks following up to SAGE. Submit your game to [email protected] by February 1st to have your game included.

Events

Panels – panels are returning this SAGE using Ustream. Panel hosts will be able to access the live video stream using Ustream tools to stream their computer screens or cameras.

What is a Panel? Next to the fan games, panels are the main event at SAGE. We'll be hosting panels via Ustream which will be embedded on the interactive page alongside the chatroom as in years past. Panels can be anything ranging from a music show, game creation tutorials, skits, fan fic readings, game review shows, live gameplay, or anything else you can think up.
    If you would like to run a panel write a short pitch and send it to [email protected]

Announced Panels

Overbound's Photoshop for Pixel Art and Level Art Panel
    Spark's Level Design Panel
    Best in Show Awards!

Teaser Video by SonicYoda of www.SegaDriven.com
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94zwDiOSbbI

Sonic Amatuer Games Expo 2014 Act 1 Game Trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVzyVkAf_A8

2. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    SAGE already? Wow. Is there another one this year?

3. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Yeah, as the initial post says. SAGE is going back to twice a year. We're also accepting page registrations for art of almost any kind.

4. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    hey look a trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pD3zbYFv74

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    D'oh. Dunno how I missed that. When's Act 2? + - There's a slim possibility I can make it, but then I've said that before  

6. Has the SAGEcast been nixed altogether? Would love to do some streaming again this year, it's been too long. :v:

7. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    We're doing video and audio streaming this year with UStream. It's pretty much the evolution of SAGEcasts and you are welcome to host a show. Simply email us what and when you want to do it. Right now the schedule is wide open.

8. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I have a radio server of my own if anyone would prefer to use that I can make that available for the week, gives me something to do at least. Doing audio streaming alone with Ustream is pretty much pointless if you ask me.

9. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    That sounds like a good idea. I'll contact you on skype so we can work out the details.

10. synchronizer

synchronizer

Sonic Nexus is back?

11. No.

I'm just wanting to play music like usual or whatever, but I'll shoot you guys an email at some point.

12. LakeFeperd

LakeFeperd

Spark the electric jester
    Now it's my turn.
    Sonic Chrono Adventure 1.1 is being released at this year's SAGE

http://youtu.be/Fq_ZsGshWaM

Has a ton of glitch fixes, the bumper gloves are now more usefull and the world might me a little bit better to travel trough.
    Anyway, see you guys there.

13. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Liking what I'm seeing so far. I unfortunately missed this past SAGE altogether... somehow.
    Looking forward to the upcoming stuff you guys put forth this time around.

14. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    SAGExpo Trailer is up:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVzyVkAf_A8

15. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Sweet trailer! :D I've been waiting for the next Time Twisted demo for quite a long while.

I wish I could've done something this year, but, oh well. Hopefully I won't be so busy by the time the next one rolls around.

16. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Decent trailer. Most excited for Sonic Time Twisted and Sonic 8-bit Remake from the clips shown. Both of those look fantastic. There's also a surprising amount of 3D games this time. I remember back in the day (circa 2001 around the release of Sonic Adventure 2) when people were amazed that Sonic Robo Blast 2 could do 3D and look at the graphics of the games shown now. I kind of wish I'd pushed forward with a demo for Sonic Neon back in the Summer as I intended. I even tried hiring people to get some assistance with Sonic Worlds Delta but the project seemed to lose steam and momentum in favour of my real world screenwriting commitments which just had to be placed under higher priority. Maybe I could potentially get something together for Sage Act II; a "proof of concept" if you will.

Seriously looking forward to this Sage though. Thanks for posting this thread and giving me the heads up. If Sage begins this Sunday then I'll probably have loads of fun that day downloading the demos. Probably going to head straight to Time Twisted's booth and grab the demo. Hopefully we can sustain a decent level of interest on Retro to talk about the event and games. One final thing; I would have loved to have seen a demo for Hez's Sonic Classic 2 at this year's Sage. He's been quite quiet on the project so god knows how much progress he's made. I haven't actually seen him for a while on Retro actually. Perhaps real life caught up with him. Ah well. Content wise Sage Act I is still looking pretty decent. I wish you the best of luck with having a good show. I'll participate as much as I can when Sunday hits.

17. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I set up the SAGE mount on my radio server (IceCast2 by the way) so those who were wanting radio will be able to use it. If it hasn't been booked for use (there'll probably be a few events on schedule that would benefit broadcasting to radio), anyone will be able to use it day and night.

I have found a web player for the radio which will be embedded on the SAGE site but here is the m3u link (which works when someone is broadcasting - click here to see if anything is on).

18. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    No hype for Sage? It's Sunday now where I live (UK) so the show should be starting around now. Anyone interested to try out the games?

EDIT: I just hit Sagexpo.org to see if the booths are up. The countdown timer is still listing 5.5 hours to go so I guess the show hasn't launched yet. Still though the show starts soon and I was kind of hoping people on Retro would be interested. Anyone going to participate this year?

19. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    I'm trying to access the site. All I get is a timer at 0:00:00:00 and a trailer... SAGEXPO? NO WAY! NO WAY! NO WAY? NO WAY!
    Makes me sad. I was looking forward to it after missing out on last year's expo.

YES... I know I just need to be patient... it'll come. Let's not take that too seriously.

20. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa