don't click here

Shadow the Hedgehog general hacking discussion

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by ashthedragon, Mar 12, 2011.

1. total

total

He was.

2. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    That scene is probably what I was thinking of.

I was under the impression Shadow met Gerald at the start of/within a stage at one point (The ARK, Lost Impact, etc.), for which Gerald would give Shadow instructions for a mission. I might be misremembering from when I did a small bit of digging through the game's audio - although a good 80-95% of that was hints, I do recall coming across a clip or two of Gerald. I distinctly remember the labels MR and GR for lines spoken by MaRia and GeRald.

I'm tired at the moment, so I could easily be getting my wires crossed here. I'll pop it in and check up on it tomorrow.

3. DinnerSonic

DinnerSonic

Never Posting Since 2004! Member
    The only voice clips I found for Gerald myself like that were a hint bubble clip for Expert Mode and the related "Good luck!" if that's what you mean.

I tried the debug level file swap thing with the file that was linked earlier, but the game starts off right under the geometry... anyone happen to have a moonjump code? I can also try and get a decent recording of some silly mixed up cutscenes with the Sonic model if I had that or the tools used to extract/swap/etc the .one files. Not at full framerate currently, though...

4. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    I don't remember what the line specifically was, but considering I never cared enough to play Expert Mode and thusly had no knowledge of said line before digging, that's probably the case. Thanks for the help there. :)

Edit: "Shadow, it is I. I hear that my research experiments have escaped and are running loose! The positive and negative electrode connectors must have been reversed. I guess I must be getting old... At any rate, would you drop by my room? I'll be waiting for you."

Good call. Thanks again.

5. total

total

Just copypaste everything from "highway" section to "city1" if you are not sure about values (look into nukkoro.inf for that)

6. DinnerSonic

DinnerSonic

Never Posting Since 2004! Member
    I feel dumb for missing that bit... anyway, here's what I could manage of the test level recording.

7. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    I tried putting the test-level-BSP into Heroes, but I guess that'd be pretty pointless as the textures can't be put into the game to display the stuff properly and I can't seem to put the proper collisions in, anyhow. Surprisingly enough, though, the game doesn't crash when chunks are replaced with this test-level in such a manner -- it just leaves hollow, transparent parts were the replaced stuff should be. :v

At any rate, anyone else think the test-level looked kinda better as just a textureless 3DS-mash than it does in-game? :v

8. total

total

The last thing before leaving this thread. I briefly checked *.bon and *.mtp formats and now I almost sure that animations swap is possible with minor edits. This should solve every problem with skinning\bones. Now someone should try this and see if it'll work.

9. samourai23

samourai23

Paris
    Well, I guess the american sense of humor isn't the same that the french one because no, I didn't get it was a joke. For now, I can only assume that you are clever enough to understand that english isn't my main language (you know ? I'm french, I just said it, like a second ago ;) ), and so I don't inevitably get every ironic things. But once again, I only assume you can understand that.

10. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Awesome stuff. thanks allot!

Think you can do some model swapping videos after you do the test stages?

EDIT: I thought there was PC controller support for dolphin? why don't you use that instead of a keyboard?

11. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.

Well, the 3DS render does have global illumination applied to it.

12. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Anyone got any specs on RenderWare 3.7.0.2 (apparently, that's what ShTH uses) TXD Headers? I'm kinda getting closer to figuring out them there TXD files but some stuff gives me headscratching, still, so, some help'd be appreciated. Alternatively, some 3.5.0.0 header would be useful for comparison-reasons. Been unable to find either thus far.

13. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    So, will we be seeing rips of these other test levels? Or are we only going to get the first one?

14. Shakidna

Shakidna

Rehash Rampage Member
    Could we at least get some camcorder footage of the test level?

15. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    As good as that was, I'd much rather see footage of Sonic being playable.

16. So let me get this straight

Shadow with a gun = Everyone bitches and cries

Sonic with a gun = Everyone's happy?

17. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.

Nah.

Shadow with a gun = Stupid

Sonic with a gun = So stupid it goes full circle.

:v:

18. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Most likely, people are more happy with the fact that one can hack the game into being able to do that, rather than Sonic actually using a gun.

19. Megane

Megane

PONY TIME Member
    Leaping through time, putting things right that once went wrong, and hoping each time that the next leap will be the leap home.
    You don't have to use a gun.

You can slap everyone's shit with a street sign.