don't click here

Mega Man - The Wily Wars Coming to the US

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Bartman3010, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    http://www.atgames.net/front/bin/ptlist.phtml?Category=100397

They appear to be Taiwan based from their Linkedin account.

2. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    http://red022.redmedia.com.tw/front/bin/ptdetail.phtml?Part=GP1025MD&Category=100719

The usermanual on this page has a list of the games included. In a smart move they included Eternal Champions. Now it is the ultimate fighting package as it also has super sf 2. The last 40 games mentioned look to not be genesis games at all.

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    *Sigh* Seriously?! then I guess english compliants won't matter due to them not understanding or google translate fucking up your translation.

4. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Good call on the user manual. I'll update the front page.

Of course Capcom's 3rd Genesis game would be the other Genesis version of Street Fighter...

Edit: Why are they still using Sonic 2 HD's logo in the manual?

5. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    My guess, they think it's official.

6. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    Those last 40 look like cheapass cell-phone games.

Also, no Sonic 3? Seriously?

7. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Wasn't there a topic where those games were discussed? IIRC they are genesis games, but are coded to take advantage of of the different AtGames hardware (something with the VDP, so they don't work on emulators). I remember there was a page where you could download some of these games.

Edit: (these games all have the same header as the Chuchu Rocket demo by fonzie) I wish an emulator would support these.

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I remember playing that first "Air Hockey" game on Genesis Plus GX the other day (to my dismay)... so I guess that the others might be Genesis games as well.

9. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    We know at least some of them were made with some ancient devkit Fonzie made ages ago... I forget the link to the Pirate Game Central forums post with that info (search for Nice Code under the Genesis column). I don't remember the technical details but I don't think they were pure Genesis...?

10. MathUser

MathUser

Anyone know if the ATGames machines are compatible with Sonic 3K? I am considering getting this for my brother for christmas. I hope Sonic 3 wasn't left off cause it is incompatible. Also, does SRAM work?

11. Skaarg

Skaarg

If I recall Sonic 3 is fully functional gameplay wise, but some of the music/sounds are absolutely horrible. I don't have one of these on me to verify though.

12. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Wait people actually buy this shit? Seriously PicoDrive on the PSP is light years ahead of this!

13. MathUser

MathUser

I just read a review for a earlier AT games portable Genesis system with a SD card slot and it don't support SRAM. Since a used PSP at Gamestop is only 20 dollars more I think I'll get that instead. I'll still have to buy a SD card but it'll make the better gift cause many more emulators can be used plus PS1 games can be used too. Plus there is savestates. I guess the SRAM issue is why Sonic 3 was left off the game list, funny that Megaman is included though cause that DOES use SRAM.

14. Skaarg

Skaarg

I thought Wily Wars used Serial EEPROM and the patched versions used SRAM?

15. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    PSP doesn't use SD cards, it uses a Sony property format. Namely a Memory stick duo.

16. MathUser

MathUser

Ok, I made two mistakes but you guys know what I meant.

17. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Ooorgh. I only have a modest ability to tell pitch, and that bad sound emulation is like grating my ears with hotsauce covered sandpaper.

This is why I'd use some portable computer over any of these cheapo pre-set things.

18. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    Is that why the sonic 4 soundtrack is so horrible? Because the youth of today grew up with bad emulation and associate it with the 'classic' sound

19. MathUser

MathUser

So this should be out now. I wonder if anyone has dumped the Megaman Wily Wars ROM from it. It'd be interesting to have the US ROM. Assuming it is the US ROM and not the EU one.

20. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Can't really afford one at the moment, but I do look for it in toy stores and the like just to have a look at the box.