don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Flare

Flare

I just spent WAY too long looking for this on Twitter.
    Its tiny text on a larger box, so no visuals. In fairness I would be more disappointed if this specific thing WASN'T in the film by now haha

2. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Well, gotta be careful in this thread for a month...

Anyway, perhaps Retro could bring more attention to the people who largely won't be credited by conducting interviews with them to perhaps produce some kind of documentary? I think it'd be very interesting for the community to hear more about what happened behind the scenes of these movies, while also giving a platform to the people who don't get advertised as star power.

3. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    Yeah, I feel the same way.
    I really can't believe Mama Robotnik is making her cinematic universe debut :V

Jokes aside - I mean, we are Sonic fans, we expect this thing to show up in the movies sooner or later

4. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

Interviews have to be studio-sanctioned or the individual can get in real trouble. It's a nice thought and I appreciate the intent, but for the sake of the artist in question be very careful when approaching people for interviews or questions.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Just saw people talking about the spoiler thing on Twitter (I don't know the context or what is)... I guess this is time to leave this site for a while, because I don't think mutting words can be enough.

6. Flare

Flare

I'd LOVE Mama Robotnik. Jim Carrey in drag as his own mother. SHOOT IT INTO MY VEINS!

7. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    I'd say it's not impossible, the amount of fan service in the first movie was great. I can see a post credit scene with Carrey Mama Robotnik watching TV, yelling at her boy, calling him a dolt - or something :V

Btw. Is Carrey!Robotnik called Eggman in Japan? I wonder if they'd start calling him Eggman in the second movie. I hope not, because I like his surname better, it's more menacing - but it would be cool if they reference "a giant talking egg" moment from Sonic Adventure. Of course, calling him an Egghead, and then Eggman would be more logical, and with the whole Blue Justice thing - you have to wonder if Sonic will nickname Robotnik.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2022
  8. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I think Robotnik is written as an orphan, given Carrey’s comments on him interpreting him as a product of “the system”, as well as the “I was breastfed.” joke in the first film, so I think the closest we’d get to Mama Robotnik is him assuming some kind of disguise.

9. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    I thought this would be already posted here, but I couldn't find it.

10. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
  11. Childish

Childish

Pigs wiggle when they walk Member
    Shady lane
    Sonic 4 Blast Processed
    New trailer

12. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    [​IMG]
    God have mercy...

13. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Here are some notable story-related frames from this trailer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I think I'm not gonna watch this next trailer. The movie's already so close.

14. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    Yeah, I'm wondering where's Pioneer 2 in the second to last picture; either Dark Falz has just awakened below the central Dome, or the meteorite of episode IV has just arrived to Ragol. I could say more things about other pictures, but I'd have to use a spoiler tag for those, so I'll keep them for April or May.

15. kitsunebi

kitsunebi

Japan
    Hahaha, and I thought I was joking when I posted this "spoiler" earlier.

16. 20220314_070333.jpg

*sigh* The creators for this movie have treated this franchise with more respect than its creators have in the last 20 odd years and I find that so incredibly sad...

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    It's like that Wonder Woman series vs the... *ahem*, 'Adult Movie' that was made...

Warning: NSFW-ish discussion. Nothing in the pictures is explicit, will remove if asked.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  18. Flare

Flare

[​IMG]

Wha?!

19. Lookin VERY NICE. I can't believe they actually did it!!!