don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Oh finally, something interesting.

[​IMG]

That floor for Aqua Lake doesn't match with the screenshots we have though, which might suggest a couple of post-AutoDemo prototypes made it into the wild. Fascinating.

2. Xilla

Xilla

I fail to understand....I begin to see! Member
    The wrong animations being used when Sonic gets hit reminded me of this:

[​IMG]

3. Vertekins

Vertekins

Wants to know everything about Sonic Member
    Midlands, England, UK, over there in Europe.
    Translating Sonic info. Working on Concept Mobius. Also, trying to find extant footage of original Sonic CD special stage.
    In addition, the grassy checkered ground in Aqua Lake in that footage is consistent with this early screenshot of Aqua Lake's title card;

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    His classic Sonic drawings have always been fantastic, like it was for a while the only good official American Sonic art available. I never felt like he learned how to draw Modern Sonic as well though.

Maybe IDW thought that too and that's why they brought him in as a guest cover artist only for the classic issue, but it's a fantastic cover.

5. Dunno, I always thought his modern Sonic was really dynamic, especially with the gritty anime style from #98 and the covers from around that time

6. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Personally I think Spaz's classic styled modern Sonic artworks are fantastic, but that may be a result of retaining a lot of the classic shape language.

7. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
  8. Xilla

Xilla

I fail to understand....I begin to see! Member
    Funnily enough, TIME OUT is also in the proto footage/screenshots of the MD version. The Game Gear and Master System versions (which were clearly put together by different teams - I'm also certain the SMS one was outsourced) also have a pallete for the Nora (dominatrix) enemies that line up with the proto MD one closely (bare thighs). I wonder if they were working with proto assets when they put those ports together.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  9. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Yup, Spaz's art was so good. Long before I had the misfortune of actually reading the 90's Archie Sonic comics, I used to look at the covers on the internet and they made them look so amazing.

It would have been great if SoA had hired him to do the western box arts. I bet he would have loved it too. Back in the day it felt like he was the only member of the Archie Sonic staff who actually played and cared about the games. Amidst the sea of apathy toward the games that were the comics, he often would work cameos of game characters, settings and elements into his art.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  10. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
  12. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    These screenshots make me uncomfortable as Triple Trouble is my fav in the handheld franchise and this is just weird to see...

13. Pengi

Pengi

There's some prototype footage here:

Starts around the 5m21s mark. Sonic surfing in Great Turquoise Zone starts at 5m40s. There's also an invincibility monitor in Sunset Park that's a ring monitor in the final game.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  14. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
    Wild stuff!

[​IMG]

I do wonder - if you hacked Sonic: Triple Trouble to put a Surfboard monitor in a stage with water, would it still function correctly?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2022
  15. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
  17. John Chrysler

John Chrysler

18. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Here's how little I know about Triple Trouble - I would have seen this and not clocked it as being strange, because of course surfboards go on water.

I wonder if it's a strange continuity thing. Sonic 3 cut its surfboard from the introduction, leaving only the one in Ice Cap. Perhaps "Sonic can't swim" also equates to "Sonic can't surf".

19. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    Fist Bump - Edgy Remix

EDIT: Sorry, I completely forgot these pieces of music have their own thread.