don't click here

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Roller, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Pengi

Pengi

Are there any alternate white or transparent pieces that can be used for the wings? Those exact pieces aren't available in those colors, but is there anything similar?

2. RazoZen

RazoZen

Moscow
    Finnaly managed to make Star Light Zone and Chemical Plant Zone using real LEGO parts.

3. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    It looks great! Any chance that in the future you will make Labyrinth Zone?

4. RazoZen

RazoZen

Moscow
    Something like this? ;)
    [​IMG]

5. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Dude these addons are amazing, but why in the hell did you use so many rare parts? Also, where did the original versions of the Star Light and Chemical Plant modules go?

6. RazoZen

RazoZen

Moscow
    All the rare parts are relatively cheap. You can buy them at BrickLink. I spent approximately $80 to built 2 modules.
    Original versions were just worse versions of current ones so I removed them from Rebrickable.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I legit had no idea that Lego was such a thing until this thread. It's really cool that people are able to build such intricate, accurate custom designs

8. Forte

Forte

Poland
    This... This is perfection. It's a render, isn't it? How are you going to make custom tiles from the Zone?

9. RazoZen

RazoZen

Moscow
    Yes
    Just like LEGO is - stickers

10. Techokami

Techokami

HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    I'm working on reviving my old efforts to reverse engineer the various mini-models from Sonic Dimensions to add to all of this. I just need to figure out a way to - with existing LEGO - make a prison capsule that pops open when the button is pressed. A play feature like LEGO would do on an official build, in other words.
    Yeah I use BrickLink for getting parts myself, but just one module would have been over $100. Haven't pulled the trigger on the parts yet because I need to study how the builds go together. (protip: if you section off the parts into steps within stud.io, you turn your model file into an instruction set)
    Shame. I managed to snag the yellow dishes needed for the transport tube lid from the original Chemical Plant set, which would have made for a good extension for the newer version.

11. Pengi

Pengi

Would that include the Tornado? The in-game version is slightly bigger and uses more pieces than the physical version that came with the Lego Dimensions level set. I'd love to see a build for something closer to the in-game version.

12. Techokami

Techokami

HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    No, I didn't bother with that. A new from-scratch model would probably work better. I was mainly focused on props, objects, and badniks. I've managed to replicate Crabmeat from it, though without the correct colors; it turned out a bit fragile but one of the newer pieces that was part of this set solved that.
    I could really benefit from high quality, textured model rips from the game. That way I can better study the builds without having to rely on crusty old Miiverse screenshots.

13. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

Is anyone having a difficult time keeping the bridge together? Mine keeps popping off on one side...

EDIT: Operator error and the set looks great so far. Just need to finish the spring, goal and Eggman.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
  14. Jammin'

Jammin'

Extremely into X-Treme Member
    I got mine a couple weeks ago and... It's great! It looks amazing! And honestly, Robotnik looks fine. I don't know why everyone is so bent out of shape about it.
    The checkers weren't as bad as i heard either. The set now sits on my bookshelf waiting for the day I stop procrastinating and make a stop motion film with it.

15. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    Just to say, the (unofficial) instructions for alternate modules and Badniks buildable with a second copy are now available!

It consists of a background platform as seen in the start of Act 1, a larger module combining elements from across all three acts, a small nonspecific bump in the ground for extra length, and a corner piece to allow your layout to go around corners should you so choose. It also has a Buzzbomber, a Chopper, and an Eggrobo that can sit in the original set's Eggmobile.

This fulfils one of the promises of the original pitch that sadly was not practical to include in the final design, but which I wanted to make sure people would still be able to enjoy.

16. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Just got this in the mail today for my final birthday gift acquired! Can't wait to build it!

17. Forte

Forte

Poland
    Just finished building the set - it's incredible. Too bad that You have to put stickers on blocks, I remember LEGO having printable blocks back when I was a kid in the 90's, but still - it was a really fun thing to built.

I wonder if they'll make another one. I would love to own a Labyrinth Zone set.
    Right now I'm thinking about adding a goalpost and Metal Sonic mini figure to this one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    One of my friends said that they spotted the set in a Target, so I think the next time I go grocery shopping, or to the Mall of America (which has a lego store), I'll pop my head around and see if the set's around.

19. I too am not a fan of stickers in Lego sets, but they were already a thing all the way back in the 80's and 90's... I even remember an instance where a sticker had to be placed over multiple blocks! I'm pretty sure they don't do that anymore.

And they still have lots of printed blocks in newer sets, that's for sure, but printed pieces are more expensive to make, and for each new set they have to weight the pros and cons of using prints vs. stickers.

20. Forte

Forte

Poland
    Really?
    The only stickers I recall, were the Arctic ones (circa 2001). I remember being confused, that there suddenly are stickers in the set and I had problems with placing it on the bricks.

I don't remember doing that with Fright Knights, Pirates, Insectoids or any other of their sets... but it was a long time ago, maybe I'm misremembering.