don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    China might well not be getting a release beyond the PC. God knows about Korea.

2. Blast Brothers

Blast Brothers

Wouldn't it be more work to not include all the translations in all the ports? Are there really that many platform-specific things that need to be translated? Or is it some filesize thing?

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The voiced stuff has been a thing since Generations, but the other stuff is new, so that's nice.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I can imagine that being the case for the Switch anyway but the PS4/5? Strange.

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Parity between consoles and whatnot.

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Does the Xbox not count as a console anymore?

7. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    Is it possible that Microsoft are bankrolling those languages? Good localisation is expensive, and "Xbox and PC" is a shared category they're very fond of pushing.

8. MH MD

MH MD

So....Japanese Sonic account shared their available languages for the japanese release, and it's actually different

[​IMG]
    They are like that:

Audio:

• Japanese
    • English
    • French
    • Italian
    • German
    • Spanish
    Text:

• Japanese
    • English
    • Korean
    • Chinese (Traditional)
    • Chinese (Simplified)
    • Brazilian Portuguese
    • French
    • Italian
    • German
    • Spanish
    • Russian
    • Polish

The thing is....some options like koreans and chinese are actually available for all consoles in japanese release, but not in the original tweet from English official sonic twitter

What i am trying to say is that...it's not really a case of some weird exclusivity. but simply how PC and Xbox actually have international digital versions, while other consoles still have different versions depending on the region, so they can have different language options

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  9. SSUK

SSUK

Oldbie
    https://twitter.com/SonicOfficialJP/status/1480864594231185417

Here's the Tweet from the Japanese account. It seems there will be two different SKUs for Switch and PS4/5, one for the "International" market which contains one set of languages and a SEA version which contains another. Xbox and PC have all languages regardless.

The SEA SKU will have voice tracks for English and Japanese only, will have game text for Japanese, English, Korean and Chinese Simplified and Traditional.

The official Sonic Frontiers Japanese website has also been updated to reflect these languages for the SEA version (scroll all the way to the bottom): https://sonic.sega.jp/SonicFrontiers/

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  10. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
  11. MH MD

MH MD

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  12. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
  13. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Got pretty far in the survey but then I accidentally answered "yes" when they asked if I have kids and I couldn't go back ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Sorry but you have kids now, blame Colours :V
    It's pretty cool from Sega to do these polls lately. They did one for Forces and Mania too I think?

Somewhat unrelated but Capcom did a poll post RE7 and what I answered as my ideal RE game pretty much became RE Village lol. I'm sure it's a coincidence as the game was probably already being worked on, but I wonder how seriously gaming companies are looking at these polls.

15. For some reason, people were wondering if Sonic Origins was cancelled, so Katie had to confirm it wasn't.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  16. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    Things were very quiet indeed.

17. _Sidle

_Sidle

You can see most of the contents of that specific link a little early via Google web cache.
    Not much out of the ordinary here, though we do have more of that JP Twitter header image visible, with the Sonic render switched out and moved over a bit.
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That "Project Sonic 22" logo almost reminds me of a modernized version of the ancient "Project Sonic" logo from the Saturn era.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Zigetch

Zigetch

Enjoy this world~ Member
    Georgia
    I think it's intentional, it's silhouetted in nearly the same manner right down to the white outline, and he's even doing the same "presenting" pose with his hand, albeit the opposite one.

Man I love the Saturn era artwork so much.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Even the font they used for Project is kind of similar anyway, but it's been modernized (the old font was very 90s) . And very much agreed that Saturn art was fantastic. Figures one of the worst eras for Sonic had some of the best art lol

The 90s "project Sonic" eventually became Adventure right? They def seem to be treating this as Sonic's next step rather than yet another game.

Did the movie's positive response make them care again or something? They're asking for feedback, patching games, delaying them for quality assurance, playtesting. This response is a far cry from what we got with Forces and Team Sonic Racing (Mania got good support but that was a given considering how much good will they gained from it)