don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    I've probably said as much here somewhere before, but I've always felt the sequel should take after Sonic 3 (which it has) while a third movie should take after Sonic Adventure 2.

I really doubt this was their intent when writing the first movie, but revolving Tom's character arc in the first movie around wanting to join SFPD seems like a perfect way to segue the story there. He mostly stuck around in Green Hills for Sonic's sake, maybe Sonic 2 will end with Sonic and Tails leaving to have adventures together while Tom and Maddie can go off and do their own thing.

2. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Tom joining GUN could be an interesting idea, especially if they ended up going with SA2-type story

3. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I feel Sonic the Hedgehog 3 (2024) will focus on Sonic Adventure, and the ending of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (2022) will tie into this with the Master Emerald being shattered in the final fight, the energy spreading out leaving oddly wet marks... and then it moves in the after credits scene and begins regrouping, T-1000 style...

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I feel a lot of people are doing wish fulfilment considering 2 hasn't even come out yet =P

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Considering the first one both did pretty well and was good (don't even try to argue that when we ALL know you haven't seen it), there's not much reason to doubt that this one will do well enough to get a third.

6. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    Jim Carrey might not want to make a third movie.

7. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
  8. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    You may be right. We were lucky enough to get him a second time here. I do want this to be different though. He is still himself as he plays Eggman. Ive been a fan of his since In Living Color so anything he does is gold. I can’t hate him if he decides against a third movie, but he had to hace know how expensive the franchise is to step foot in the first place.

9. Vanishing Vision

Vanishing Vision

10. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    I saw these on twitter and they're great. God I hope Sonic Prime is successful enough to prove that a fully animated Sonic movie could work.

The artist behind these is tripplejaz, he's also the creator of the fan-game Sonic Freedom

Definitely check it out if you get the chance, dude's talented as hell

11. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Recast and call him Eggman Nega.

There's always the potential that they make sequels that are animated instead. Although I think that dilutes how profitable the franchise is seen as potentially being if/when it doesn't do as good as the rest of the movies, which would mean no more movies in general. I also don't think Jim Carrey would wanna come back if he can't regular-act which could prematurely end up recasting him.

12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Neither my opinion on the first film, or yours, invalidates my point.

13. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Neither does this statement invalidate mine.

14. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    Why are You guys talking about Carrey not wanting to do the third movie? Know something I don't? :V

I mean, he looks like he's enjoying himself.

Anyways, Metal Sonic in post credits scene, a'la Satam red eyes in Season 2 ending. Calling it now.

15. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Historically Jim Carrey has been very against doing sequels, stemming from a miserable on-set experience with Ace Ventura 2. Although after Dumb & Dumber To and now this, he's softened up somewhat.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Huh, I always assumed it was some sort personal distaste for sequels on principal. Good to know a third movie might not be out of the question then.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    In light of the new Matrix coming out, Paramount released this trailer. I don't see any new footage but yea, cute:

18. Flare

Flare

Yeah which I am thankful for. Be sad for a recast

I know some of the films he has denied doing a sequel (and they make anyway) all tied up nicely in the first one. Like the journey for the character ended which I imagine for actors means they don't see the need for the character to continue on.

Hopefully (as Jeff has hinted at) Sonic would be more of a series.

19. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    I think we're missing the really obvious tie-in that we'll see as the true final boss of the movie.

Consider the single red eye aesthetic Robotnik has going on...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    TBH I'm not a fan of Knuckles' voice in the trailer, I'm hoping it'll grow on me as the movie goes on. I'm also hoping that we'll see Mecha Sonic instead of Metal at some point, because Metal is overrated and I'd rather see Mecha appear. Either way I'm super hyped for this movie!