don't click here

Sonic Prime (Netflix Animated Series)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Dec 10, 2020.

1. almeda

almeda

you are now watching madTV. Member
    This gives me so much hope omg. I love Ian's writing of the characters, especially Team Dark. He knows what he's doing, I'm so excited.

This also means that this will be the first time we see Ian's writing translate to the TV screen. I'm very interested in seeing how that turns out.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  2. Wraith

Wraith

This is cool. Hopefully this is the start of him being brought onboard for more stuff.

3. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Actually, Ian did work on Sonic Boom, writing the episodes "Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Worse-er" and "Og Man Out".

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Being a consultant doesn't really mean he's writing, it's more like answering any questions Man of Action might have about the world and giving suggestions for how best to approach things - which could in theory reach the levels of influencing how characters are written, but I'm personally hoping it stays to keeping things in-line for the games universe, since Flynn usually writes characters based on what they were in Archie. I don't hate his writing but I do wanna see how Man of Action tackles things for themselves.
    Weird, I always thought he did the 4-parter.

5. Wildcat

Wildcat

Sonic multiverse
    Wildbrain - previously DiC
    Leaked concept art
    AoStH Blu Ray
    Ian Flynn consulting

Coincidence? I hope not.

6. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    Flynn makes me less worry about this series. It means Wildbrain is actually putting effort into the series. Still not a big fan of what I've seen from the concept arts, but hey - I want Prime to be a big success (and get that one tie-in episode to satAm) :V

7. Since the animation will apparently be CGI, I'm wondering if it will be something similar to Arcane? Maybe in not same level of quality, but similar at least.

8. shilz

shilz

Wildbrain is usually good about bringing a lot of different 3d styles to life.

My best guess for how this series might look is a slightly higher fidelity, consistent version of the art style currently used in the games, since it seems like they REALLY wanna push the idea that this is a show about the games. (but the games still won't care about whatever happens in the show)

9. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I hope so. I don't want a drastic artstyle change like they did with their Mega Man show, but given the art we've seen, I'm not really sure what to expect.

10. shilz

shilz

Fully Charged wasn't so much a "change" as it was just finding its own style in general - it was still overseen by the regular Mega Man Series art director.

When the show was rougher in concept and they tested out 2d with Film Roman, it looked a lot more like the original Ben 10, but I guess they decided they didn't wanna outsource their animation and moved it all to their internal design staff. Really hoping to see the full version of that at some point.

11. arc

arc

seriously though, why the yeezy’s? why?

12. Sui Eel

Sui Eel

captan Member
    Was really hoping for a more traditional styled animation, but Sonic Boom was pleasant enough, so I guess we'll see how this one plays out.

13. Nope

Nope

There’s no way this is going to look remotely close to Arcane. I haven’t seen other CGI Netflix shows but there’s no way this is getting a budget. What will likely happen is a Sonic Boom situation where it has 5 or 6 primary locations where most of the show takes place.

14. Only for viewing

Only for viewing

aka Superstarxalien Member
    Mega Man: Fully Charged would be a more accurate comparison, as that show was also developed by Man of Action and it's CG.

15. Nope

Nope

It’s really similar, with it using a lot of the same or similar looking locations. Admittedly there’s more variety and it’s more exciting, but it’s still pretty cheap. Overall I just expect a very cheap kids show, I don’t see us ever getting a highly budgeted Sonic show.

there’s gonna be tons of gimmicks and variations of the same characters though. Great for toys.

16. Only for viewing

Only for viewing

aka Superstarxalien Member
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  17. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Not exactly a massive shock, X and Boom had loads.

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    While the thread's bumped, Iizuka mentioned in Famitsu that the series will be premiering in the Fall.
    ゲームクリエイター127人に聞いた2022年の抱負。キーワードやコメントから2022年のゲーム業界が見えてくる!?【年末年始特別企画】(9/14) - ファミ通.com (famitsu.com)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Movie first, then Origins and finally both Frontiers and Prime launching around the same time at the end of the year. Sounds like a good year for fans, new and old.

20. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    I guess Origins and Frontiers will be released close to each other. Maybe this is one more time they consider "this game for the old fans" and "this game for the new fans, old fans and everyone else".