don't click here

Sonic XG has returned !

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by DarkMK, Sep 23, 2021.

1. DarkMK

DarkMK

Till when? Member
    Home
    A year ago me and some of my friends got in contact with Joe and Euan and recently its been revealed, yes this is official thing!
    Here's the twitter

upload_2021-9-23_20-46-39.png

2. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    [​IMG]

Good news, looking forward to more info.

3. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
    I was so concerned about Joe since I heard his health wasn't that good and we haven't heard a thing about XG in a very long time. I'm so glad he's doing ok and that this project is still alive! XG is probably the 2nd fangame I ever played growing up (right after Time Attack) and I was so disappointed it was never finished. I wish the best of luck to Team XG!

4. corneliab

corneliab

That prologue with The Doomsday Zone and then the aftermath blew me away when I was younger. Thought that was a seriously cool way to start a game like this. Heck, this was one of the first Sonic fan works that seriously caught my attention! I'd love to see it continued.

5. Xilla

Xilla

I remember Euan sending me some early engine tests over AIM about 20 years ago and was actually wondering recently if anyone was still working on this. Great to see it's still in development!

6. Skeit

Skeit

Wow! Appeared in SAGE 2022?

7. RetroRespecter

RetroRespecter

The rumors are actually true?!

8. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    The next time this game is "back" we'll be able to bring it out for a beer before it goes back under the staircase.

9. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    [​IMG]

This was the first Sonic fangame that really blew my expectations away at the time, and I hope it is revived with the same level of reverence.

10. almeda

almeda

you are now watching madTV. Member
    Ooh this looks really good. Yes, I will definitely be downloading this.

11. Chaud

Chaud

Wow, I really want to believe that this project will one day be finished! I remember thinking the boss theme was one of the best fangame themes for years, something about the rhythm and melody struck the perfect balance between menacing, exciting and fun. Of course, that's not counting the amazing art, good gameplay and fun introductory level, it was a shame when the project eventually faded away.

Hoping for the best!

12. hiadlzupfer

hiadlzupfer

Everytime a thread like this gets a bump I get excited! SOME NEWS ON A FANGAME I LIKED - Great to see that people deem it necessary to bump a thread after over a month with postings like "I am so excited about this!" WHO CARES??

edit: i dont wanna be a dick and i DO see the irony here, so please feel free to trash this post ;)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. Violet CLM

Violet CLM

I'm sure that the people working on the fangame are happy to see people excited for their project, and it helps with their motivation to keep working on it.

14. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
  15. Angel X

Angel X

Italy
    Wow, I didn't know this fangame is back, when I first played it I was in middle school!
    Also remember that the game had to be combined with two games: Retro Sonic and Sonic Nexus.
    A return of Retro Sonic Nexus would be awasome:D

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
  16. Snowbound

Snowbound

I hate to bump a 2 year old thread but I am extremely confused about the current state of Sonic XG. There was talk of the original game being leaked on internet archive. Then someone said the original game is being finished while another team works on the XG remake. Today I saw a trailer (with a download link) for “Sonic XG Community Cut”:

Anyone know what’s going with XG (both the remake and the original)?

17. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    You must be new here. This is what we would call a "zombie fan-game". It's been dead for years and doesn't know it. You'll see what appears to be life occasionally, but usually it's just built up hot air from someone trying to ride off of nostalgia because they can't come up with anything original themselves.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  18. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    There was a leaked version of XG I saw pop up recently, and when I skimmed through a video of it, I wasn't super impressed with some of the design choices that had went into finishing the fan game. Some were just downright bizarre and incoherent, scrambled together just to make a "completed" fan game using the original games unfinished zone assets.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. OssieTheOstrich

OssieTheOstrich

something something bird guy something Member
    Just to be clear, the version of XG which is shown in the Tweet is not related to the version in the YouTube video nor the leaked version, right?

20. DarkMK

DarkMK

Till when? Member
    Home
    That's just kids picking up Joe's project file[Which wasn't good to begin with] and adding their own shit to it which is not good just to have something "finished"