don't click here

Sega PC Reloaded

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Korama, Apr 2, 2015.

1. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Technically modifying the game at all is already violating copyright.

2. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    Show it to GameHut. Surely he can explain how he fit IMPOSSIBLE error messages in the PC port.

3. Mookey

Mookey

I don't know, did Traveller's Tales even handle the PC port? I know they were involved with the Saturn port, but I don't really see them in the PC port, or at least at a quick glance of the packaging. But the credits for the PC port also doesn't seem to be listed on the wiki, so I'm not really sure either way.

4. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I happen to have a full playthrough recorded, and the credits list Gary Vine, Steve Harding, and Neil Harding under "PC Coding", with them and Jon Burton listed under "Program Conversion", and Jon alone listed under "Program Design and Implementation". So it seems like Jon wrote the game's original code for the Megadrive, then him and the other guys converted it to C for the Saturn port, then those other guys adapted it for PC.

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
  6. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    It was a joke :v: . I'm just not very fond of how GameHut has made his way into the scene and was taking a small stab.

Could the error be related to the patch you are using?

7. Redhornett

Redhornett

Neofeud - a point-and-click adventure made with Adventure Game Studio
    Sorry to drag this up again, but I've got the following error message after I've put Sonic 3D into the program. Any idea what it means?

image.thumb.png.03e29a56538cb8e534ad18878086a540.png

Sorry, the image didn't come up. It's a blank error message, but I've put in the MUSIC folder.

EDIT: I've noticed that this issue was fixed on the previous page, so sorry for dragging it up again.

8. Redhornett

Redhornett

Neofeud - a point-and-click adventure made with Adventure Game Studio
    Again, sorry to drag this up, but I'm struggling to get SCD running on SPCR, with the following error message; "No valid executable found! lz32.dll not found in imports."

9. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Has a Mac version of Reloaded ever been considered? I would love to play these games on my MacBook without having to use Wine or other programs to get it to work. Would be really cool

EDIT: I don’t think it would work since the games/CDs only work for Windows hardware so yeah we can scratch that off the list. I’ll have to try it out on Wine eventually

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  10. Your best bet is probably going to be creating a Windows virtual machine. Wine is finicky for older programs like this (I think I tried to get the 1996 version of Sonic CD to work under it a while back with no success), and I don't know to what extent it works at all anymore with Catalina/Big Sur having dropped 32-bit support.

VMware Fusion is free now if you request a personal license, and you can also install and use Windows 10 legally for free (with some limitations, like not being able to change the wallpaper) or just install Windows XP on it if you only want to run older programs (but turn off networking for security; download stuff on the Mac and drag-and-drop it to the Windows desktop instead).

(Edit: Actually, I don't think Reloaded works for XP, but it definitely works on Windows 10.)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  11. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Thanks for the help.. I was searching around trying to find ways to get Windows onto my MacBook without having to “shell out some green” and I have the newest Air with Catalina so I’ll take your tips into consideration.. I recently bought the Twin Pack with CD and S&K Collection because I’ve always wanted to try out the original programs

12. Then doesn’t that theoretically mean that modifying games to go onto the steam workshop, an action validated by SEGA... is violating the copyright on the very items SEGA enabled modification of?

13. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Technically copyright is "the wishes of the IP holder". If Sega is ok with modifying their games then it's not a violation of copyright.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Epic Chilidog

Epic Chilidog

Thank you for making the SegaPC Reloaded.
    I'm playing Sonic 3D Blast using this tool right now.
    Is there a way you could add the Director's Cut option in Sonic 3D Blast?
    This would be kudos at this point.

Thank you for reminding me about musical track issues with Sonic 3d Blast.
    Tracks 21 + 22 DO NOT PLAY during the game.
    This is the "Speed Shoes" and "Invincibility" music themes.
    This was driving me crazy all week until I read this whole thread today.
    I haven't played this game in decades so I forgot that.
    Has there been any progress to patch these 2 tracks to play in game?
    Not a big deal though.

Something I noticed in Sonic 3D Blast: (not an issue)
    Without base.dll file, the music tracks will only play one time and not loop.
    Without base.dll file, the "Act Complete" music track will not play.

Need 1 more chaos emerald and to beat the game. Progress so far:
    Sonic 3D Blast PC.jpg

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  15. RetroRespecter

RetroRespecter

For some strange reason, I can't get SEGA PC Realoaded to install the Sonic & Knuckles Collection I recieved from Gamejolt.

16. Wesker

Wesker

Is there any alternative download available for this? The Google Drive link in the initial post requires requesting access, and it doesn't seem like the account holder (which I assume it's Korama) is granting it any longer.

I searched for alternative downloads myself, but all I can find around is the version that still has the "Up" direction being held issue (present in all games except Sonic & Knuckles Collection, funnily enough this is the game which still works best without using this), which was allegedly fixed in an updated build.

17. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    I just tried requesting access too. Can anyone who already downloaded this share the files on a different site?

18. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
  19. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

20. Bobblen

Bobblen

One thing to note, there's a suggestion on this thread and on PCGamingWiki that you can grab bass.dll from
    https://www.un4seen.com/
    but it kinda suggests it's optional.

I'd argue that it's actually mandatory. I got bugs with music transitions (like grabbing sneakers in Sonic CD for example) if I didn't have that dll in the game folder. Just go to the website, click BASS on the left hand side then download the windows version at the top of the page. You only need to copy the bass.dll file into the game folder, you don't need to bother with anything else in the zip you just downloaded.

Figured that might save a few people some time/frustration!