don't click here

Sonic Colo(u)rs Ultimate released for Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Epic Games Store

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MH MD, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    https://twitter.com/egoraptor/status/1441112510254305290

Well, shut my mouth. They uploaded a second episode today too which had them complete all of Sweet Mountain's six acts (no boss though). They're mostly enjoying themselves. Glad they seem to have given the game a fair shake without devolving into their usual trolling.

2. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    Baby Sonic is ok.
    Giving trash and pretending it's a part of an exclusive edition is not. But that's well... Marketing.

At least Blue Blood got something nice for his money.

3. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I think it looks really nice and super clean. The only thing they could've done better in my eyes is use the Cute or (ugh) "Emoji" style designs instead. Like the bath ball figures.
    [​IMG]

But I still love the keychain.

4. John Chrysler

John Chrysler

They are staring into my soul. Please help.

5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I genuinely don't think that I could possibly disagree with you any more. Baby Sonic just doesn't do it for me, especially this barefoot incarnation in the keychain. But to each their own.

6. Dek Rollins

Dek Rollins

size of a tangerine Member
    US
    The baby Sonic keychain is possibly one of the ugliest pieces of Sonic merchandise in recent memory. It doesn't even look like the actual kid Sonic that appears in the movie.

Not sure if it's worse than funko pops though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Random thing I thought of a few days ago, but only just thought to ask here: did Sega patch out the Planet Wisp remix tracks or something? I just noticed when scrolling through the soundtrack on the PS4 version, it only listed Planet Wisp Acts 4, 5 and 6.

I thought it was curious since I read criticism before about how the remix of Planet Wisp Act 1 kind of ruins the aesthetic (the intro with Sonic getting ready to run through the grassy field set to the piano solo might be the last wholly original - as in not cashing in on nostalgia in any way - “iconic” moment in the series imo), but in my copy it really just is the original tracks in all of the levels. I wonder if Sega themselves agreed.

8. MH MD

MH MD

I thought Planet Wisp remixes are just exclusive to Deluxe edition or something

9. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Someone mentioned this as fact somewhere.

10. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Ahhhhhh. That would explain it.

Well, I prefer the originals anyway, so no loss.

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

You can buy the additional Planet Wisp tracks for £3.99, an absurd price when you consider this is the definition of withholding content.

Planet Wisps remixes are the only ones that I fully prefer to the originals, but even then it's not particularly simple because I only prefer them as standalone pieces. In game, they're more of a mixed bag. The original act 1 sounds so beautiful and rather melancholic, whilst the remix is some intense EDM stuff that does not belong at all. Do we know who's responsible for the specific remixes yet? Cause this OTT electronic stuff sounds like Ohtani's current style, but I'm not entirely sure. Either way, he managed to hurt the Aquarium Park remixes in much the same way. Ohtani's put out some great stuff in the past, but his efforts on recent years have begun to falter.

12. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I wish Challenge Mode had some kind of auto-save so you can at least try to resurrect a run that was destroyed by a bug. I just cannot finish Challenge Mode on Switch, and while I've gotten Platinum on PS4/5, this is the last "achievement" I need on the Switch, and it's bugging the hell out of me. I've started at least 10 runs by now. The game either just freezes up with the music still playing, or something bugs out and I just can't finish the stage I'm on (like when Tails Save breaks the 2D in Starlight Carnival 6). I've fallen through the floor a few times, and I've had the Spike Wisp just forget it could stick to walls while I was over a pit, consistently, until I closed and rebooted the game. When you're halfway through and lose thousands of rings due to something beyond your control, you just don't want to continue. So there have been a few runs I've quit out of frustration.

I just don't know what to do at this point. Just a few minutes ago, I had like 10,000 rings, had reached max score by like Planet Wisp 4, and when I got to Aquarium Park 6, the game just up and decided it was time to freeze.

I'm not touching this game again until the next patch. Usually bugs don't bother me, and I can generally play "around" them, but I officially admit defeat. Gee whiz.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  13. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Maybe stupid question, but are you sure you're updated already? I finished Challenge Mode on Switch last week with no issue.

I've actually only had 1 consistent bug in the Switch version (1 specific speed booster in Asteroid Coaster, Act 2 I think, that launches way too far into empty space, but it's not difficult to jump over).

14. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I'm on the latest version, but always good to check. I could just be having a string of back luck on Switch. Who knows? I got through it on Playstation without any issues. I think it's time for a break either way.

15. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    That moment in an JRPG when you try to kill the superboss even though you know that you're massively underleveled (Romancing Saga 2 says hello). Only that in this case it's Blind Squirrel who need to level up their game. Lol

Don't give up, Blind Squirrel!!1

16. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  17. If anyone's interested in adding it to our wiki, the booklet for the Sonic Colors Ultimate OST have been added to VGMdb: https://vgmdb.net/album/113072

18. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    Twitch Streams
    I don't know if I'm the only one who's been having this issue or if it's known/has a solution, but randomly after I start playing a level (EGS version btw), the game will switch out of "focus" and the mouse cursor will pop up and the game "pauses" (it just doesn't respond to my controller, no menu pops up, it just has the mouse cursor appear on screen and like I said, seems like the window loses focus so I have to click back in before it returns back to normal) while I'm playing with controller. I have to click back into the window to fix the problem, but I was wondering if there's a more permanent fix anyone has? I have tried searching for this issue, no luck.

19. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Ok but where's the CD tho