don't click here

Sonic Colo(u)rs Ultimate released for Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Epic Games Store

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MH MD, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
  2. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
  3. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Nevermind. Game crashed after results screen while doing red rings in Starlight Carnival, save data was corrupted. lol.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. I'm lucky my save data went uncorrupted.

On a different note, my 10 year old brother had his park tokens counter glitch and max out- so he got to buy everything in the store while I'm left to grind for fucking user icons. :/

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  5. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Oh, snap, that happened to me at some point yesterday. I looked at my token count and had like 2,000 or 20,000; something excessive for only 20-24 hours' worth of a save file. I said "screw it" and bought everything anyway so I don't have to grind later. :V

6. Metalwario64

Metalwario64

I hope someone ports the Wii stage geometry back to this version, so there aren't so many wasted polys and increased load times.

I WOULD say it would be nice for someone to clean up the topology since they just subdivided everything, but that would probably take a lot more time and effort than it would be worth.

7. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Something I haven't seen mentioned about the loading times:
    Whatever stage loads first always takes longer, but after that every other stage loads fine. Is this true for everyone else? (PC version fwiw)

8. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    it's crazy to me that they just did that and didn't sort it out manually afterwards, they must have had to check for texture warping so?

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It's amazing how much of a difference Sonic's pupils actually move makes. He no longer looks at you with those dead set eyes, just a lot nicer.

10. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    For those interested (by which I mean "interested in complaining about it"), the Game Grumps did play Sonic Colors Ultimate and it seems to be a one-off:

Arin starts the episode by admitting that Colors is one of the better-received Sonic games and that he went with the Switch version because he heard the port was massively broken. After about a half-hour of playing, doesn't seem to find anything wrong with it.

I would not be shocked at all if they end up not playing it all the way through, only for them to pick up one of the more notoriously bad games again in the future so Arin can get back on his "HAHAHA WHY DOES ANYONE LIKE THESE GAMES" kick. Colors Ultimate on Switch does suck but not for the wacky physics-borking reasons that seem to make for entertaining GG material.

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    LOL. Serves him fucking right.

12. NioZero

NioZero

ConcepciĆ³n, Chile
    Tornado Sky Fighters
    Is there an estimate date when the Steam version will be available?

13. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    Probably won't be for a year. EGS eclusivity usually lasts about that long. But no official date has been said, all they've confirmed is that it will come to Steam.

Edit: Also, I'm so glad that mods have already fixed a bunch of my issues with the game, regarding lighting, animations, materials and textures. Now somebody fix the audio balancing. :P

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  14. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Good, he can suck it.

15. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I just got my copy of the game. Japanese PS4 version, special anniversary edition with the coin, artbook, hanging scroll and all the ready of the goodness. So far, my experience with it has been great. It's met my expectations and the everything looks gorgeous. Still don't actually have my PS4 at the moment to play the game itself, but that's besides the point. I only wanted the collectables.

16. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    But Blue Blood! You didn't get the BABY SONIC PROMOTIONAL KEYCHAIN! How can you ever have a complete experience without it???

17. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I really don't get why you guys are harping on the keychain when Baby Sonic blew up alongside "Baby Yoda".

It's literally just Sega trying to grab kids and people who saw the movie, same thing with the optional movie cosmetics.

18. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    Sonic's channel just posted it:

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Yeah I think I'll live.

Like why the fuck does the baby Sonic keychain have no shoes on? It's bad enough that Baby Sonic has nothing to do with this game and is just leftover/reprinted movie promotional stock, by its not even a good piece of merchandise to begin with. Bleugh

20. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    Can't things just be stupid?