don't click here

Green Hill Zone now has lyrics

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Black Squirrel, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki

次のせ〜の!で - ON THE GREEN HILL - DCT VERSION

In which Dreams Come True, fronted by Masato Nakamura, stand on a green hill. How has he plugged in his electric guitar? Magic!

There's also a "Masado & Miwasco" remix, which will mean something.

Whether this replaces the old lyrics, which were obviously "GREEN HILL, GREEN HILL, GREEN HILL GREEN HILL ZONE" remains to be seen.

2. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    It's wonderful the band is still going strong! I guess this supersedes the previous interpretation, "Marry Me?"

Edit: Also lol at the dude dropping his coins everywhere, sonic rings style, at 2:06

3. MBeca

MBeca

Here's the masado & miwasco ver, it's part of their "Virtual Dreams come True" covers with voice filters and 3D avatars. This version of the song seems to have GHZ's tempo with a mix of the Demo and MD instruments. Also, Sonic is here

4. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    I enjoy these new takes on this song. Never gets old, at least to me.

Here's the international (i.e. English) version of "Marry Me?" if it's useful, as well as an ad featuring the song in the OP:

5. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    I don't know who I hate more: you for saying it, or me for laughing as hard as I did.

6. Endgame

Endgame

Formerly The Growler Member
    Any translation for these lyrics?

7. Papa Rafi

Papa Rafi

One on one, I wanna play that game toniiight ♪ Oldbie
    Detroit, Michigan, USA
    Fatherhood, husband...hood and a few mobile apps.
    This is great! Dare I say I'm almost moved to tears, though it's been a long time since I've studied or did any sort of review of Japanese, and therefore have virtually no idea what's being said but dammit I love it. In my opinion, Marry Me doesn't really come close. Also I gotta say that I rather enjoy GHZ in this key, it hits differently.

I'm cackling at you both, which turned into wheezing after seeing Endgame's sig!

8. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Green Hill Zone already had lyrics:

Listen closely to the piano at 2:59 :ruby:

9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator