don't click here

Making my first Fangame

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by LexyBlue, Sep 9, 2021.

1. LexyBlue

LexyBlue

Hey guys, I’m planning on making a 3D Sonic fangame. I would like to use Unreal Engine but I’m unsure of what available frameworks I can start with?

Any suggestions ? Or how I can approach starting this? This is my first time making a fangame since I’ve spent time in school learning game engines, game design principles, animation, modeling, etc. But I have no idea where to start. I want to start building my portfolio. I notice that people sort of use an already existing framework since making an entirely new model, and animations would obviously take an extreme amount of time. So I’m just interested in a framework that would be good to start out with in Unreal Engine. I’m not really considering frameworks in Unity because I spent an internship learning how to use Unreal Engine and this project is going to be used for my senior design project in the Fall semester that I’m in right now. So because of that internship, I just decided that Unreal would be the engine I use. So I don’t really have time to learn Unity.

What I plan to do is a mixture of linear and an overworked for Sonic to explore.

2. Gnidel

Gnidel

Infinity Engine Plus.

3. almeda

almeda

you are now watching madTV. Member
    I honestly have no clue, but I'm wishing you the best of luck on this since creating fangames is quite a feat. I'd love to see how it turns out!