don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. YuTwo

YuTwo

Thanks for the pointer! I have sifted through all the available magazines and it looks like I couldn't find it in any of them. I'm most intrigued with what the person said about the time attack competition having prizes like cels which is why I wanted to see the actual info for the competition incase it might show images of a cel (maybe even one we haven't seen before) or the other prizes:

2. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    https://archive.org/details/saturn-fan-1998-no.-20-11-6/page/n29/mode/2up
    A bit more. Again, probably nothing new but it's always fun to see the Sonic in Sand Hill screenshots.

3. Linkabel

Linkabel

Here's a flyer/map and ticket for the Sonic Adventure unveiling in the 1998 Tokyo International Forum.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Google Drive link

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  4. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland

It's so weird to hear Jason's soft Sonic Voice with Roger's more cheerful dude approach, but I kinda like it. Probably the closest thing to a re-dub for people who prefer older voice cast, like me :V

5. RyogaMasaki

RyogaMasaki

0xffffffff Oldbie
  6. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member

There's an unused version of the Colors final boss theme in the game files. TDRR on the Discord confirmed it's under sonic2010_0.cpk/sound/Synth/bgm_boss_lastboss2_fx_wav.aax.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  7. RyogaMasaki

RyogaMasaki

0xffffffff Oldbie
  8. GoldS

GoldS

Oldbie
    USA
    • List
  9. RyogaMasaki

RyogaMasaki

0xffffffff Oldbie
    Nice find! I knew the Metal Sonic specs were listed in the manual so I didn't take a closer look. So that's another psuedo-science thing that Metal Sonic uses, aside from orgone energy...

Edit: also here it's "body" instead of "frame," SFX instead of Super FX, Main Engine instead of shuki, lots of little variations. Almost seems like a (dare I say it...) prototype version of the specs from the manual.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    • List
  10. _Sidle

_Sidle

Just recently, the Official Japanese Sonic YouTube channel released a short two minute video on Eitaro Toyoda.
    He's revealed to have been the writer of Sonic Channel's "Kabegami/Wallpaper Cover Story" that's currently ongoing and good fun.

This is the same guy who's been supervising the Japanese scripts for basically everything 2010 onward. (games and animated stuff mentioned, IDW comics are named specifically)
    Unsure if there's any information of note stuffed into such a short vod, like an announcement of any kind... Those that understand the language well should do a quick skim through, when ya can!

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  11. I was reading the page here on Orbinaut in Sonic 1 and noticed that it says it cannot be defeated without taking damage or having invincibility.

I was a little intrigued because I know I’ve landed lucky hits on them between two spike balls without taking damage multiple times within the past year or two. I can’t remember if it was on the Retro Engine version or the M2 port, but it definitely was not on real hardware.

Has anyone been able to accomplish it on the original game or is this a known difference with other versions? I’d imagine if it were possible on the M2 version (which I’m not sure it was) it would be also on the Mega Drive.

12. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Yeah, it's definitely possible to hit them without taking damage. In fact, I wanted to make a challenge out of it but I never got the chance to do so, maybe that time has come.

13. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    I've noticed some assets from the Sonic Gems Collection museum are missing on the wiki.

I first imported and extracted the contents of museum.afs using AFSExplorer 3.7. I was left with many compressed prs files and uncompressed them with prsdec auto. The extracted .bin files were renamed to .gvm and extracted with gvmdump. This resulted in six .bmp files per .gvm file, and those were combined using ImageMagick's montage command: montage -tile 3x0 -geometry +0+0 -border 0 -colorspace sRGB. The remaining whitespace was trimmed using ImageMagick's -trim command, and all resulting .png files were optimized using trimage.

Archive here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  14. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Hur.

15. That’s some skill. I am way less consistent on them.

So you think it’s worth updating the wiki to remove the comments about destroying it or no?

16. _Sidle

_Sidle

Changing it to mention that it requires a precise hit between two spikes to destroy would work.
    Wonder how lenient the hitbox is on the exposed area, and if it's applicable to variants in other games.

17. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

So I have played the original DC version, the Gamecube port, the PS3 port... and PC port...

And I have NEVER had this happen before...

https://twitter.com/DaveLuty/status/1436729835615887361

Doesn't he just normally stay around the ladder and you have to stun him in order to push it into position?

18. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    I seem to recall seeing this happen before. I think he just moves to the next section once you hit a certain position

19. _Sidle

_Sidle

Just played Amy's campaign the other day!
    If you touch the wall that stair top is on, Zero rockets off and retreats to the sky like he normally does, giving you infinite time to push the stairs normally.
    If you're just chilling partway up the stairs, he will be jumping up at you, which I think is what's key to getting him hopping into the vent like a doofus here.
    I accidently threw one of the colored key cubes off a cliff in a moment of panic, and had Zero sitting where it respawned. His animations froze, and there was some banging noise. Pausing the game temporarily shoved his model slightly underground.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Sonic X-treme is the featured article on Wikipedia today. My understanding is that it's being run because it's been roughly 25 years since Mike Wallis made the decision to kill it. The article is a relatively in-depth look at what the game was going to be like, what went wrong, and what happened as a result of its cancellation, so if you don't know much about it I'd recommend giving it a read.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List