don't click here

Sonic Colo(u)rs Ultimate released for Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Epic Games Store

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MH MD, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    This is still telling people their opinions are built on falsehoods. Not only does it not make sense given that Unleashed is the real "half decent platformer" (quite literally) and the fanbase currently splooges it's panties over it, the presence of other better games since Colors would change that original opinion. And that has happened a little bit, which makes it all the stupider that you would claim that people who still do like the game are just doing so out of reaction. The remaster, bugs aside, has scored just as well with critics as the original game did, something that other Sonic rereleases don't usually do.

Cry about "triggering" people who think you're wrong all you want, you're still going to be wrong, but now you look like a dickhead.

2. Prototype

Prototype

Lol. There is nuance in my statement.

I'm not saying "everyone who liked this game is wrong and misremembering, and here is my personal crusade to deny you your memories and sense of reality".

If you legitimately thought that's what I was saying, though, I can't help but wonder if maybe your sense of reality IS a little skewed.

The fact that every opinion about a cartoon blue hedgehog ends up in some ridiculous overdramatic internet argument is probably why SEGA takes none of our complaints seriously.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  3. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    Maybe read what I actually said instead of just inserting whatever is convenient for you to argue against. It is simply incorrect to claim that Colors was only liked because it wasn't as bad as other games. There is no way to reconcile that opinion with how the rest of the series was received. Whatever performative crap you make up about how everyone is too offended by you and your big boy hot takes won't change that.

4. Prototype

Prototype

"Big boy hot takes"? "Performative crap"?

I wasn't aware that having an opinion about a game was such serious business.

I really don't understand why you're flipping out as hard as you are.

Tell me, in what world would giving my opinion about Sonic be performative? How does that make any sense?

Do you think I'm trying to garner a nebulous hypothetical audience of "Sonic is bad" people by posting the -gasp- blasphemous opinion of thinking that a game on the Wii is a little overrated on a forum devoted to the retro games?

What fucking fantasy land do you live in?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  5. xbloodywhalex

xbloodywhalex

team dark enthusaist Member
    antarctica
    re-reading one piece, probably
    Geez dude, you can relax for like. 2 seconds. So melodramatic & aggressive lmao

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    From here I just thought that if Colors is a good game and the previous ones are not, this was reason enough to like Colors.

7. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    > aggressively provokes an overdramatic internet argument
    > blames it on everyone else for "misinterpreting"

Come on, dude. You're like, 30 years old. If you still can't accept (and even appreciate!) that other people can earnestly enjoy things that you don't with no ulterior motives, I don't know what to tell you.

8. Is the PC port any good?

9. Prototype

Prototype

Aggressively provokes? I simply gave my opinion. So what you're saying is that everyone should parrot the same opinion or else they're starting arguments?

Of course I appreciate that people like things I don't think are that great. (I never once said the game was BAD).

The only people trying to ascribe ulterior motives are people who got childishly mad over my opinion. I've been called performative, I've been told to grow up, all this while people are getting endlessly upset that someone didn't share their opinions and took it as a personal attack.

I'm getting dogpiled on for not parroting the correct corporate opinion, and never once have I insinuated that the people doing so are bad people.

This is utterly ridiculous. This is simply projection by people who think that not thinking a product is perfect is tantamount to erasing someone's personal identity.

10. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I've been swapping between the PS4, Switch, and PC versions the past few days, and the PC port is in the best shape right now. Honestly, I've been having a blast with it. It's not perfect, of course: It has the same audiovisual bugs as the PS4 and Xbox versions (underground pipes not rendering right, Wisp music inconsistently not playing), and the same 60fps fixes that can sometimes be a bit janky. But I haven't had any issues with it, other than stuff that's just inherent to all versions of Ultimate at the moment. I haven't heard of anyone having the save corruption issue that seems to get someone on every other version. Plus, it can actually render at a much higher resolution than even the PS4 version on a PS5, and mods are already a thing! So yeah, if you're gonna get it anywhere, that's the one I'd recommend.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It's not perfect, but it's probably the most stable of the bunch. That being said I've had 3 crashes so far

12. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    I'm not lol. I don't have to be nice to you to be allowed my opinion.

It doesn't, which is why I didn't say that. Read the thing I said again.

If you had said it's overrated, nobody would have cared. You took that further step to claim that people liking a game you don't only do so because of a surrounding context of other games being bad, and all I've done is point out how poorly-founded that claim is while you've played the victim and pretended you're oppressed because someone didn't like your opinion. The only one taking it personally here is you. Why else would you pretend calling out your bad behavior a personal attack?

13. Prototype

Prototype

Lol okay pal. I'm done arguing about Sonic. You can classify this as a victory, or whatever mental metric you use to get through the day, but I simply should have known better than to share an opinion about Sonic on the internet.

It doesn't matter what opinion you have, it always tends to upset people who see Sonic as a core part of their identity.

14. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    Well my opinion was that yours was bad and you did get upset, so I suppose you are correct

15. Vanishing Vision

Vanishing Vision

I'm four worlds into the PS4 version, just finished Planet Wisp, and about to dive (apologies) into Aquarium Park after dinner. The only serious problem I've encountered so far is stuttering (base PS4). It seems to happen mostly in 2D sections where the camera pulls back far. Hopefully this can be cleaned up, I can't imagine any legit reason why the PS4 would struggle with this game. I haven't encountered the scoring bug, all my grinds, checkpoints, jumps, drifts, and colors are correctly labeled as such, perhaps that's been patched? The only other issues were music not playing on the results screen once, as well as when I returned to the title screen.

Still a wonderful game, and a generally decent remaster that could be great if the stuttering is cleaned up. I really like the Ghost wisp as well, particularly its' music.

16. Prototype

Prototype

Lol, I'm not sure that laughing and cringing and envisioning you macing a GameStop employee over Sonic's arm color counts as me getting upset.

But nice work on that parting shot.

Later gator.

17. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    "I'm going to compare you to a mentally-ill criminal rapist to prove how not mad I am"

Okay dude

18. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    It'd be really cool and make this thread less ass if the two of you stopped trying to get the last word in on a discussion only you are having now.

19. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Sonic Colors is good

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    Yeah, fair enough. Might as well signal-boost some mods. Hyuga removed the boost motion blur, and Dario got the capsules to use the 3D wisps instead of the sprites. This is also me bookmarking them whenever I decide to pick the game up myself.