don't click here

Sonic Shogakukan Manga Index

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Pengi, Mar 25, 2018.

1. SonicGenesis89

SonicGenesis89

Cool! Sweet! And Catchy! Member
    Green Hill Zone
    Collecting Sonic Manga
  2. Linkabel

Linkabel

3. Peri

Peri

This might not be bleeding edge news since it looks like it was posted quite a while ago, but over here there's a pretty comprehensive collection of scans for all grades, including a good chunk of stuff that hasn't been shared in this thread prior to now.

They don't list the actual source in that post unfortunately, but from what I can tell the redundant pages seems to be all original scans, nothing scavenged from the sources already listed in this thread. I haven't checked comprehensively, though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
    Very cool!

01a.jpg

This was in the 5th grade one. But do Ray, Mighty, Vector and the like every actually appear in any of these stories?

5. Linkabel

Linkabel

I have not seen them at all, can't really say for the ones that are more text heavy.

6. Pengi

Pengi

The May, June, July and August 1992 issues of Shogaku Ichinensei have character introduction pages instead of manga. The August 1992 issue features Vector, but the focus is on the Veruca family.

[​IMG]

The orange oval says "Vector" and the faint blue text says that he's Sonic's new friend. His belt and tape player are a little different from Ohshima's art.

Mighty, Ray and Sharps/Max don't appear. The bear-like character doesn't seem to either. The gorilla appears as a background character in the March 1993 issue of Shogaku Yonensei: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQu3Sg4UEAA2UaV?format=jpg&name=orig

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Gryson

Gryson

It actually says "Hector" (ヘクター) in what I assume is a typo. (compare with ベラ above and you can see the missing dots, so I don't think it's a scan clarity issue)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  8. Linkabel

Linkabel

New scans that can be found here.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There's a guide for Sonic 2 in it, not sure if there's anything interesting we don't about.
    [​IMG]

And like I mentioned in the tweet, since one of them came in a contest package I scanned the materials that came with it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]