don't click here

Sonic Colo(u)rs Ultimate released for Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Epic Games Store

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MH MD, Apr 9, 2021.

1. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    He's one of those Sonictubers who's unrelentingly toxic and negative about everything and always posts clickbait trash.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. BadBehavior

BadBehavior

Wouldn't it be funny if one of the biggest mods of Colours Ultimate PC was this Skyrim style Unofficial Patch that just fixes everything Blind Squirrel or Sega couldn't be bothered to?

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm sure it'll come. Basically what modders have done with SA1/2

4. Yeah, basically. Premydaremy is like that too imo. Not meaning to give him views though, this is just the only video like this up rn.

Also, I count visual and audio bugs/changes. Everyone did for the gamecube ports, why can't we here?

5. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    I know it's twip and everything, but holy shit. There is literally no way they intended to release this as is. I think a day one patch is in the near future.

6. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Just think, there’s about to be a brand new generation of Sonic fans whose first game is Colors Ultimate with their own wacky opinions about what direction the series should go in. Hooray!

7. HE DID IT GUYS, HE SAID THE PHRASE!!!

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Maybe there will be a third Colors patch that fixes stuff, maybe there won't, who knows.

I assume all these reviews are using the current second patch anyway.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Was there already a patch?

10. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The first patch for the game came out near the end of June (So we can assume the game went gold around this timeframe) while patch #2 came out last week. It's possible another patch is incoming.

This is normal fare though. Patches for games can start happening months in advance and the so called "Day 1 Patch" could actually be the third, fourth, or even fifth patch in actuality.

11. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Ooh, maybe it'll be a war between the older, more cynical contingent of True Fans who started with Sonic Forces and want the series to have epic stories, edgy antagonists, and lots of characters, versus the little baby kiddie fans (who are 19, rather than 24) who started with Colors Ultimate (and exclusively call it "Colors Ultimate") and want a more lighthearted game with less story focus and more whimsical level tropes.

Both groups will consider their preferred game to be the polar opposite of the other one. There'll be debates about "Forces Sonic" versus "Colors Sonic" like they're completely different characters.

12. BadBehavior

BadBehavior

Yeah thats the nightmare scenario right there, the relationship between Adventure and Forces fans being akin to Mr Incredible and Incredi-boy

"B-but w-we want serious stories too.."

"You're not affiliated with us!"

13. Frostav

Frostav

I don't think Forces fans are, like, a thing, frankly.

There's classic grognards (this forum), Adventure fans (myriad of places, but /r/sonicthehedgehog/twitter/tumblr/[art websites] I guess), and then this small group of modern-fans-I-guess that are honestly more like some weird offshoot of Adventure fans--modern Sonic games don't inspire the same kind of feverish fandom than the Adventure era does and I don't think the fandom is going to split endlessly as time goes on as much as people think. The core split in the fandom has always been classic and Adventure once the Adventure kids got old enough to fight with the former, and it will always be that.

14. This fandom division nonsense between classic and modern has and always will be stupid the longer it persists.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    I'm a few pages late but I just wanted to mention that, when you have Adventure 1, 2, Colors and Generations as the most praised 3D games, this is not unusual. They are the best 3D games, and by far should I say.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  16. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I'd have said the same thing about "Sonic & the Black Knight" fans a few years ago (and "Sonic Heroes" fans a few years before that), and yet, here we are.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  17. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Something weird stated in Shacknews' review is that they wanted a version for the new consoles... I don't know what that would accomplish, considering the "old" versions would run just as well on new consoles.

18. Just wanted to say that Terminal Velocity remix is fucking amazing.

19. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Well I enjoyed Forces, especially considering it was released at budget price.

20. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    I was wondering, how does the Tails-Save thing work towards the endgame? In the context of the story Sonic sent Tails back down to Earth, it'd be a bit weird if he shows back up there lol