don't click here

Sonic Colo(u)rs Ultimate released for Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Epic Games Store

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MH MD, Apr 9, 2021.

1. karlafalves

karlafalves

Gaia Gate Guard Member
    Brazil

Thank God, as we all expected, but now that's officially confirmed, we can reassure ourselves. But I confess I was fearing that Sega was planning to follow the same path that Ubisoft took, regarding not releasing its games on Steam anymore.

2. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    [​IMG]
    this made me laugh so I figured I'd post it here lol

3. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    upload_2021-8-18_12-9-16.jpeg

The Sonic Facebook page officially posted that the first episode of Sonic Colors: Rise of the Wisps will premiere tomorrow.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  4. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    I like the look of this from the brief snippets we've seen so far, can't wait to check it out!

5. karlafalves

karlafalves

Gaia Gate Guard Member
    Brazil
    The hype is real. I really enjoyed the Mania's series (and even Sonic Boom's, sue me :V)

6. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

Never saw Sonic Boom, but Mania Adventures was definitely a treat to watch.. hope this delivers too.. the countdown to Colors Ultimate is finally in full swing

7. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Forgot they were doing shorts for this. Thanks for the reminder.

8. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    First episode is out!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I knew it. I bloody knew it. Roger always had the range to give Sonic a little bit more of an edge, he just needed the room to do that. I know there wasn't much of serious Sonic and I know the situation wasn't too heavy to really bring out some aggression in him, but it gives me optimism going forward for future stories.

10. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

Just watched it.. was a fun little starting point.. Cubot had me laughing my ass off with that “awesome, outstanding, amazing… rocket” bit.. Sonic mimicking Robotnik was funny too and Metal Sonic was badass as usual.. looking forward to the next part

Side note: Sounds like Roger didn’t miss a beat lol

11. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    That was really good. Cubot doing the GOOD! GREAT! AWESOME! stuff got me. Having the credits mimic the game's credits was a nice touch. Now we need to send this to Mike Pollock and say "Well Mr. Pollock? We've got Sonic doing a mocking impression of Eggman, care to respond?". I really wanna hear him dish it back at Sonic.

12. ItsBrieDude

ItsBrieDude

my brain is the spinning seal gif Member
    Wow, Kate Higgins is back as Tails, and she sounds exactly as she did in 2010. Good consistency choice there.

13. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Yeah, pretty good overall. Cubot saying "Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! ROCKET!" was the best part-took me by surprise. Katie Higgins was good again as Tails & RGS does a neat Eggman impression.

14. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Fit the tone of Colours well enough, looking forward to the second part.

15. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Man, that was great. I actually think the wisps were kind of cute in this, colour (lol) me impressed.

It feels weird to have something Colours related being actually clever and funny, but given that they didn't change the in-game cutscenes whatsoever for the remaster I don't know if this is such a good idea, honestly.
    Like, going from Rise of the Wisps to Colours is going to be...painful, to say the least.

16. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    I love this.

17. I'm surprised how much I enjoyed this and certainly flows better than the main game.

Orbot looking up to Metal Sonic makes too much sense and I'm surprised nobody else thought of it. That's how mix the old with the new.

And while its nothing groundbreaking, I'm glad Roger can finally show that, yes he can in fact portray a Sonic that knows when to cut the bullshit. Always knew had it in him.

18. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    I loved it. It was so much better than the actual in game cut scenes.
    + - (Although, it was a bit iffy when Sonic was doing a comedy routine while Jade was trying to tell her "tragic" story, But then Jade joined in, so it's all good!).  

It seems to fit neatly into the existing Colors story, which is another plus! (Although, Colours is already a bit of continuity party anyway (as the DS version takes a different approach).)

I wish Sega could have got this team to redo all of the Sonic Colours in-game story.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    It was more kid-friendly than the other animations I feel, which is fine, this is a children's franchise after all.

I like the way the characters are characterised in these shorts. I think it's often commented how Sonic is cocky but still basically a considerate guy in the animations. But what I don't see mentioned much and I really lke is how Metal Sonic can be goofy but is menacing when he needs to be. He has a lot of comedy which I don't think his character has ever really had before and I think it suits his character well.

20. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I think his comedy comes from how earnestly he fails to emote at all.