don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Cube

Cube

Wales
    I'm currently attempting to play every Sonic game I can play (this is alongside playing other games, so will take me a while).

The last one I played is Tails and the Music Maker, emulated via PicoDrive. I had to create the .png images for the "Storyware", so cropped them from the Sonic Retro images on the Wiki Page and gave the the correct names so they can be dumped into the Pico folder. I have uploaded them here:

https://mega.nz/file/JlJnhSAb#GcdmLZTr4JEJr_r-eeQZmoXVKE8e5T3wqOFBvmTD7tE

(If this is not allowed, please remove).

I am planning on updating the Wiki page for the game with descriptions of the additional "pages". If this is something that is appropriate to add to the page, feel free to add it, as I think it will make it easier for others to play.

2. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    This might have been posted - it was uploaded a month ago but only recently hit my YouTube feed.

Every single change needs documenting on the wiki. If one guy can compile 700+ changes for a YouTube video, a whole community should be able to do it for... the community.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Swiftbix

Swiftbix

Deep Delver Member
    No answer as of yet, so I guess I'll just go ahead and do it.

I thought it would be cool to post a song from a Sonic related soundtrack that doesn't get much attention every now and then, so here's today's:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the reason for Mario's jazz resurgence that took off in Mario Kart 8 was because Nintendo officials really liked what Sega had going on with the soundtracks for this series lol.

4. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Seriously SEGA??

https://mobile.twitter.com/jesssadel/status/1420198527012114440

I would think with 3&K getting rereleased as part of Origins, silly stuff like this wouldn't occur, but alas, here we are.

Edit: After watching the full video, it looks to be poorly edited.. since there’s some blurred arcade cabinets in the background, and when she shows off the locked on combo, the blurring gets in the way.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  5. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

Lol they blurred 1 game on my shelf during my segment and now it looks like I have a naughty video there =p

6. YuTwo

YuTwo

The Metroid Database recently uploaded to their website translated scans of a comic from Weekly Famitsu Magazine (No. 188 July 24th, 1992) about video game characters, including Sonic, participating in Olympic games:
    https://www.metroid-database.com/barcelona-olympics-translated/

This was done since the Olympics were taking place in that year ('92) in Barcelona, Spain. It's rather appropriate to see these now given the Olympics taking place this year in Japan.

Here's all the relevant pages that include Sonic, if you want to see the rest please visit the link I posted above. Since the images are really huge I will put them through the spoiler tag for ease of use:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Those are actually a fun little read imo lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    The pictures aren't showing up, is this a problem on my end?

9. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    They have shown up here just fine.

10. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    They're showing up fine now.
    This is absolutely hilarious holy shit

11. YuTwo

YuTwo

If you want to know why they weren't showing up before it's because I had mirrored the images via archive.vn and sometimes it doesn't load up properly because of that. For future reference, if any of you see my posts and see the images aren't loading properly then all you need to do is just refresh the page again as that usually remedies the issue.

The reason I mirror images is because I want them to still be viewable in the future no matter how far in time it will be. I know I can't guarantee that it will be forever but I just can't trust photo hosting websites. Photobucket and ImageShack are good examples of it. I would use Imgur but even we can't know if that will be around for long too. Showing the images taken directly from a website is unreliable either since they could update the website and cause any embedded images or links to break and no longer work which is exactly what happened to the Metroid Database website itself around 2016, I believe, since they completely rebuilt their entire site.

I also use the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine to mirror images too but I didn't use it this time since it doesn't allow more than a few pages to get archived at once in rapid succession. I wanted to share this as soon as possible so I used archive.vn instead as it doesn't have that limit. With that in mind, I have also archived the link to that Metroid Database page here:
    https://web.archive.org/web/2021073...d-database.com/barcelona-olympics-translated/
    I enjoyed reading the entire thing too. It was kind of like Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games before that was even a thing.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Pengi

Pengi

• List
  13. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    A Mecha Sonic toy was presented on the Sonic Official - Season 5 Episode 5 (it was actually called Mecha Sonic and not Silver Sonic or Robo Sonic or whatever).

Accordingly, this is the first ever image of Mecha Sonic on the front, showing his (its?) entire face.

upload_2021-8-5_18-34-1.png

• List
  14. You know, cause the sprites in Sonic 2 and the model in lego dimensions don't count :p

15. Dek Rollins

Dek Rollins

size of a tangerine Member
    US
    For reference:
    [​IMG]

I think this concept art was only made publicly available about a year ago so it's possible the licensing team and toy designers didn't have it to use as a reference when they started work on the figure.

• List
  16. Pengi

Pengi

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  17. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Didn't see anything about it elsewhere on here and didn't think it warranted a thread, so I thought I'd put it here. In case anyone wants a legal way to stream all three 90's Sonic cartoons (AoStH, SatAM and Underground), all three are all on Paramount Plus.

SatAM (be warned, the episode order on season 2 is really messed up): https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/sonic-the-hedgehog/
    AoStH: https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/adventures-of-sonic/
    Underground: https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/sonic-underground/

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  18. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    Today on shit BSF needs to scan: Newly acquired Sonic the Fighters install documents for arcade operators! I've never seen documents like these before and must have shipped with the cage and manual. What's particularly interesting is it almost goes over how to convert your existing Model2b board to Sonic the Fighters with the IC locations, jumper settings, and also elaborates on how the cage should fit into the different style cabinets and where wire connections go! I think this is a first that documents like this have seen the internet!

arcade-ops-resize.jpg

• Like Like x 8
    • List
  19. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I have no idea if this has come to anyone's attention, or if this is old news, but:

A 30fps, higher resolution version of Sonic 3D Blast's intro has been found on a Dreamcast Generator Demo disc! Someone uploaded this a year ago, and no one seems to have acknowledged it.

EDIT: Oh wow!

Sonic the Fighters footage, from that same account! An entire 45 minute long video about it! Includes dialogue translated, thanks to Maid Cactus Animation on YouTube:

AND, ALSO from that account! Some apparently early Sonic CD footage, but there's something more interesting than the footage itself..

That's.. the Gems Collection After 6920 Remix! It was made around this era?! That would explain why it says "this is a (...) special remix of CD Sonic the Hedgehog" within the opening, wouldn't it?

Jesus, I feel like I just found a goldmine.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • List
  20. Thanks for bringing that intro to our attention, as that is stunningly gorgeous! If only the in-game models could ever look so fine...