don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    One day I'm going to write a post evangelising for Sonic 1.

2. (Tidal tempest has entered the chat)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    That one zone doesn't change the fact that CD is still more open and speed focused than Sonic 1 though.

4. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    I'd like 3K's OST to get a physical-disc release. I don't think 3K's soundtrack has ever had one? So if the music issues regarding the soundtrack have finally been resolved then a physical release could be a smart move to coincide with the release of Origins & Sonic's 30th anniversary year. By all means include the beta tracks which are good (especially both acts of Carnival Night). Sonic 1, 2 & CD OST's have all had physical releases in the last 10 years, so now it's 3K's turn!

5. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    It’s a long overdue move and one that should definitely be done for an occasion like this… maybe they will finally reveal who composed what?

Actually no because they didn’t even do that at the symphony for the Sonic 3&K medley.. but if I’m being realistic, any MJ/Buxer tracks will not show up if they do end up releasing the OST.

6. ...

Bro, it was a joke lmao. I absolutely agree with you, CD is hands down more free flowing than Sonic 1 ever was- hell, even tidal tempest is a massive upgrade compared to labyrinth imo.

7. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    I didn't know Sonic had only three fingers and a thumb in his Sonic 3 sprites.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  8. I haven't seen anyone mention this yet...

If it ends up being true that all the characters will be available across all games, as well as S3, S&K, and S3&K all being playable in some fashion, is there any possibility Blue Sphere will be in here? No one seems to be talking about this lol, and iirc, mania had an entire blue sphere mode, so... :p

9. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

I wouldn’t be surprised if Blue Sphere gets included.. I mean if Sonic Jam and Sonic Mega Collection had it, then this shouldn’t be a problem for Origins.. that would technically bring the total number of games to 7 (the main 4 plus the 3 lock on games).

What I really wish can be implemented is to play with randomized special stages in Sonic 3&K, similar to how 3 AIR handles it.. considering the gigantic number of stages, you are always guaranteed a different one each time you enter a giant ring.. it might not happen though due to difficulty spikes, but hey a man can dream right?

10. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Speaking of consistency across the board, something I've been thinking about recently is how the Simon Thomley / Christian Whitehead iterations of Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 included Elemental Shields (And their placements in Item Monitors.) but not enabled by default.

Something which I'd really love to see in Sonic Origins is not only Sonic, Tails and Knuckles playable in all of the games, but also for every game to sport Elemental Shields by default, plus implement all of the alternate paths and goodies from the additional level designs which the aforementioned Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 iterations included.

These things would not only enhance gameplay and increase replayability, but also make the whole collection feel like a much more cohesive package and consistent experience. :)

11. _Sidle

_Sidle

Turning on the Elemental Shields also turns on Insta-Shield in both Retro Engine 1+2, which makes things far too easy from my experience. If Insta was decoupled from the E-Shields and moved to a separate Sonic ability toggle, I'd love that.
    CD would also have to get new object placements for those E-Shields, ideally to help with those Generators. (Am I misremembering or are there no unambiguously fire traps in CD?)

12. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    Nobody is talking about this because there is absolutely no evidence for "all the characters will be available across all games" in what we know about Sonic Origins so far.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Oh I know- looking back I worded that wrong. I mean that it's incredibly high on people's prediction lists, and if the collection actually has these "lock-on features", wouldn't it be reasonable to also hope blue sphere is in there too? Just a random thought my nostalgic ass had lol :p

14. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I mean, all it would take is shoving Knuckles into CD, so it's not that far out of the realm of possibility

15. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    Why are we assuming that they are going to use the remakes of Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 and assuming that gives us playable Knuckles in all of the games Sonic Origins includes except Sonic CD?

16. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Because those are the only widescreen versions of the games that exist. I suppose they could reinvent the wheel though and make yet another port but using the previous widescreen taxman versions of Sonic 1, 2, and CD makes the most sense.

17. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

Yeah pretty much what Dark Sonic said.. I find it hard to believe that SEGA would just develop new widescreen ports from scratch when the Taxman versions are right there; I’m fairly certain porting those existing versions would take far less time.

At least SEGA is trying to make Origins stand out by confirming that no emulation will be used.

At this point, I’m just waiting until after Colors Ultimate releases so we can find out more about this (maybe more details in October or November 2021)

18. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    Because it not only makes sense, it would take less work than rebuilding the games again.

Even if it's not what they're doing, it's what they should do.

19. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    It's obviously what they should do but Sega doesn't usually do the obvious thing. They should have made this collection 7 years ago when the mobile ports were popular. They should have made SA3 to make their fans happy. They should have made Sonic Mania 2 by now. The problem is that Sega doesn't do what they should do.

20. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    They made SA3 fifteen years ago, dude.