don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member

How's this?

2. Pengi

Pengi

I'm no expert, but it looks great to me! Are you going to add it to the wiki?

It looks to be a lower resolution than the one we have on the wiki, but I'm not sure if that's an imgur thing?

3. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

It should be the same resolution as the current one on the wiki since I basically used that one and overlayed it with the layer with the orb since I wasn't sure how to remove that crease between pages in the scan. As soon as I have it posted I'll send a link.

Edit: Here we go

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  4. It looks like you used the preview version of the image... If you look below the image, you'll see a link to the full size version:

upload_2021-7-18_23-50-8.png

5. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Ah, my bad. I'll be sure to fix that when I get the chance.

6. karlafalves

karlafalves

Gaia Gate Guard Member
    Brazil
    Is anybody watching Tokyo 2020 Opening Ceremony? It's playing Star Light Zone during the athletes' parade :)

UPDATE: Here is the video

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  7. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Cool, must be some kind of medley. I could swear I was hearing some Ni No Kuni and Ace Combat too, but don't quote me on that... It's kinda hard to tell. lol But yeah, Sonic! And Nier! And of course Final Fantasy. ^^

8. karlafalves

karlafalves

Gaia Gate Guard Member
    Brazil
    Here is the full list :D

9. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Ahhhh I mistook Frog's Theme for the Ni No Kuni theme song. ^^

10. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Well of course: Mario and Sonic are competing, aren't they?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Hearing Sonic music at the Olympics must be very surreal for both SEGA and Dreams Come True.. whoever came up with the idea of using video game music to introduce the countries deserves a big raise :V

12. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
  13. Swiftbix

Swiftbix

Deep Delver Member
    Not talking about anyone here, but a baffling amount of Sonic fans are going by a click-baited title of an article based on the Iizuka 4gamer interview to say that the next 3D Sonic is in a premature state when if you read the interview to gain context, it’s obvious that Mr. Iizuka is saying that he wishes the game was revealed later in a better fashion, but because Sonic Team was worried about the fans they released that small teaser prematurely to calm the storm.

Sorry for the long amount of words, I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Article in Question

Fully Translated 4Gamer interview from Tail’s Channel

14. So... nothing out of the ordinary

15. MBeca

MBeca

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  16. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    Rad indeed, but serious photsensitivity warning; there's a LOT of rapid-fire flashing that I'm surprised someone would willingly put in an advertisment that's designed to be shared around. It's a real shame too considering how otherwise perfect the Saturn-plus aesthetic is.

17. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Don't quote me on it, but I think general safety guidelines for photosensitivity rule not only on the strobing but the duration- my guess is that since there's like four cuts of strobing, but each lasts a few microseconds only, they figured it was safe.

18. Who tf asked?

I did. I fucking asked. And now I've answered my own question. :eng99:

Advance 2 still reings supreme with 226 in total, but heroes is next and... oh boy, need I say more?

19. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    Okay, so I don't want to make a separate thread, but do any of You guys recall a TV ad with Sonic, who runs along the wall in a black space and collects rings?
    Once you can see him running away from the camera and once running towards it. Sonic was in a 3D model, an ad probably from somewhere in Saturn's time.

For many years I have been trying to remember if I dreamt it, or maybe it is some kind of lost media.

It might be an European ad. I probably saw it on MTV in Poland, back in the late 90's. It's bugging me, because Sonic was never really popular here, and seeing anything Sonic related, especially back in the 90's was a surreal experience.

20. Swiftbix

Swiftbix

Deep Delver Member
    Question: does anyone know if music can be shared on this thread? Just wanted to make sure before I do anything.