don't click here

Sonic Colo(u)rs Ultimate released for Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Epic Games Store

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MH MD, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Eh, it does the job.

I will say though, kinda love the box art, if only because it kind of looks like a blend of the modern and JP classic aesthetics.

2. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
  3. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Oooh, remixes... wonder what those’ll be.

4. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    At least it's not a full price 60$ like Nintendo did with their Mario 35th 3D games collection

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Another Digital Deluxe Edition, huh? Third one this year after Persona 5 Strikers and Shin Megami Tensei III HD.

6. It sure would be great if the trailer was mistaken, which would make sense if it was put together months ago if not as early as last spring. I plan on getting it for the Switch, but I wouldn't mind getting it for PC if it was through Steam as the site indicates.

7. Chaud

Chaud

Wow man. This is where I use the :LookAtHowTheyMassacraedMyBoy: smile?
    • Epic Exclusive
    • Denuvo
    • Worse lighting
    • Desaturated colours
    • Seams in geometry
    • Inconsistent framerate (at least in the trailers)
    I did want it, but... Not like this.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It seems to imply on the website the remixes are boss related, which makes sense because there were 3 unique boss types (they all get repeated twice) in the game minus Eggman and there are 3 remixes. But the trailer had a new buttrock song so maybe that's related?

... ngl I liked Reach for the Stars better

9. NHY

NHY

Oh nice, I remember getting a good vibe from the original announce trailer for Sonic Colors back in the day ( Unfortunately, I never owned a Wii )

I can see why some people are bothered by lighting ( but the modders will at least fix that for the PC version :V )

Also, I seem to be one of the very few people who isn't *that* bothered about EGS exclusivity, in fact I pre ordered the Digital Deluxe edition already. I can understand why some might be upset though

10. AstroSeedP

AstroSeedP

Denuvo mention was removed, possible error like it was with Puyo Puyo Tetris 2.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  11. Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the gamestop pre order page says that the jade ghost wisp let's you pass through solid objects to discover new routes :p

12. simtek34

simtek34

MN
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  13. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    ohhhh dammit there's "exclusive remixes". F. I won't get the super special stuff (I especially don't care for Sega mixing more of the movie into the games) but it sucks to have some tracks sent to pre-order purgatory.

14. Is this the first time Sega have outsourced their porting or remaster?

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    No.

16. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

So like, is this gonna still be in 30FPS or will we get 60FPS with the remaster? It was never said, so I wasn't sure. The trailer is in 60FPS, but I sometimes don't know if that's just companies being weird or not.

17. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Probably? I'm sure it'll get unlocked on PC by modders if not, but every PC Sonic game thusfar has been in 60fps as far as I can remember. Forces was in 60fps on everything but the switch and this game definitely isn't quite up to that graphical fidelity. I think it's pretty safe to assume 60fps as a given.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I felt like I heard someone said it was 60 fps, but maybe they were just going off the trailer (I think it was GameXplain). It'd be dumb if it wasn't.

Hopefully if it is in 60 fps you don't clip through the aquarium park tunnel like you do in the dolphin emulator :V

19. karlafalves

karlafalves

Gaia Gate Guard Member
    Brazil
    Yeah, I checked the site one hour ago and it was still with mentions to Steam in the footnote, but now it's already changed to Epic Store. Something did happen behind the curtains for such a last-minute change.

Well, it's a shame such exclusivity. I really hope it's a temporary exclusivity, even if it means I'll have to wait for another year (after all, what is one year more for those who waited more than 10 years for it?). Nothing against Epic Store, I've never used it, but the idea of not being able to have all the Sonic games released for PC on the same platform really bothers me.

20. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Sounds kinda cool, though I already beat the Wii version anyway and didn't really have a desire to ever play it again. Might get it on sale if there's a good reason to buy it.

Last edited: May 28, 2021