don't click here

Upcoming Sonic 30th anniversary news coming 27th May

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ted909, May 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    Can I know now why people expected a Mania 2 with EVERYTHING pointing to the contrary? I'm not happy to be right that it isn't happening but the fact that only like 2 people here even considered the possibility of it not happening makes me do feel a bit vindicated.

2. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    A. Why are they leaving Sonic the Fighters locked inside another game? How hard could it be to just put it on steam or something?
    B. Nice to see the Taxman/Stealth versions of 1/2/CD getting ported, but 3K just being a lazy emulation puts a huge damper on everything.* I'm guessing CD's OP and ED songs will remain instrumental in this, too.
    C. Sonic makes a bunch of squiggly lines in a forest. Good to see Sega still loves it's terrible teasers.

It's cool that they're putting a bit of effort into remastering Colors, at least.
    *EDIT: SCRATCH THAT PART

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  3. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    • Informative Informative x 17
    • List
  4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
  5. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Oh, wonderful.

6. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie

So who wants to start making bets that Sonic 3 AIR and the de-compilations will be getting a C&D soon? ;)

7. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
  8. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Wow, didn’t expect that honestly. Great news

9. Nah, you're right lol. Still if it's a good boost game, I'll be satisfied.

Also, I knew s3&k would get the widescreen treatment. I dunno why people thought it wouldn't when Sega clearly said they're still working on the damn thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Yo i'm really linking this new "platinum set". What do you think is it's purpouse?
    IMG_20210527_195057.jpg

11. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    I had hopes that Sonic Colors was going to be less expensive...

12. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Well, it was pretty conspicuously not widescreen in the reveal. How was anyone supposed to know? The only real hint was that the S3 and S&K footage clearly came from different sources.

13. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
  14. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    It's just a preorder cosmetic, same with the gold set. They said as much in the trailer.

The trailer pretty clearly said "original footage", as in footage of pre-existing versions.

15. Going off that image it makes Sonic’s eyelids painful clip through his eyes.

16. Dek Rollins

Dek Rollins

size of a tangerine Member
    US
    Sonic fans can be strange beasts. For months people have been saying "all I need is an announcement or a short teaser please Sega say something" and now that they literally did just that people are like "come on Sega I need more than that" like seriously lmao.

This presentation was perfectly fine. Of course they're going to announce the stuff that was leaked, it wasn't their fault that everyone knew what was coming.

The teaser for the next game has me intrigued. I'm still hoping they've abandoned the boost, but we'll probably have to wait a while longer for a proper trailer to show us any gameplay.

I'm not too excited for that Sonic Colors animation, because it looks like a cheap flash cartoon, far inferior to previous Sonic web animations. I know animation takes time and money, but we already have multiple shining examples of great animated shorts from this series in the past few years. This just looks as if they cut corners on animation to pay the voice actors.

As far as Sonic 3&K goes, it would be great if it gets the widescreen remake treatment for consistency, but honestly I'm just glad it's here. Hopefully another collection will be announced later to accompany the classic titles but that's my own wishful thinking.

17. Oops yeah my bad it says in the trailer "Digital deluxe inclus¡des Gold & Silver wereables"

18. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Taxman and Stealth are probably reading this thread laughing at us and thinking: “Oh boy you guys have no idea what we have in store for 3&K” lol

19. LucasMadword

LucasMadword

LucasSaturn Member
    So, my reaction is of being underwhelmed. I'm most disappointed by the fact that my expectation is what became a reality. It was basically a nothing announcement.

The compilation being potentially Retro Engine is the only thing I care about. Would also like to know what platforms the compilation is on, and whether that is gonna be console specific or on PC as well. Sonic Colours Ultimate being an Epic Games Store exclusive on PC means I will not be buying it. The next mainline game was literally nothing, I don't think we can speculate about anything the game is via that trailer.

So yeah.... I just am starting to not care. The entire announcement just felt uninspired and bland. I hope SEGA actually show something else soon otherwise I'm just gonna stop caring about the franchise. There's many other franchises that deserve my attention.

20. Sonic Colors Ultimate: Epic Games Store exclusive??? The hell, SEGA?
    Origins: S3K, but official. About bloody time. I wonder about the music...
    Zap: The amount of nothing is unbelievable

21. It also says about a "sonic movie boost" i wonder what that will be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.