don't click here

Upcoming Sonic 30th anniversary news coming 27th May

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ted909, May 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linkabel

Linkabel

Damn, they actually announced Sonic 6

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    Excuse me, but about Prime, did they said something about a "Shadowverse"?

3. Turbohog

Turbohog

Anyone who thinks Sonic 3 isn't just going to be a shitty emulation in the final game is kidding themselves.

4. Mania and games like it are a existential threat to Sonic Team if that answers your question.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. They just gave us a tease that did not show much, but you kno what? I'm fucking glad we got news; We got Sonic Colors Ultimate; the SONIC COLLECTION and a short animation for Colors.

I am just happy we got news.

6. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    This is fucking hilarious considering people have been saying "This is Sonic's LAST CHANCE!!!" for well over a decade. Sonic will survive the fucking heat death of the universe.

Also I find it funny how the people who got the most excited were the most disappointed, whereas I expected to be disappointed and came away semi-satisfied. This is why I temper my expectations, folks.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Blast Brothers

Blast Brothers

the.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can't wait for Sonic 'z\°.

8. Exactly, 4:3 and possibly only a bad stretch to fill the screen. And worst of all probably a bad crt filter option or none at all.

9. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
    I have a feeling that 3&K is an emulated port due to legal reasons. Honestly, I think we should be happy they're releasing it at all considering all the drama surrounding it.

As for the teaser, had a Mayan vibe to it, but the rest was certainly far more cryptic than the normal teasers for Sonic games...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    I kept saying that a Mania 2 felt extremely unlikely but I'm not happy about being right there.

This was...okay. Lots of cute little announcements but no real meat. If this is the big new reveals they decided not to give us last year because of Covid-19 postponing them I can only imagine how barebones they would have been then. Oh well, hope the game next year is good at least.

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Idk what that logo represents but Teaser or not it actually had some style and bounce to it as opposed to the Forces teaser. I'm hoping this translates to the main game.

12. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    Yup and this announcement today just concretes that even further. I'm really quite sad. As a classic purist Sonic Mania was just perfect and I honestly thought that off the back of its success they would run 3D and 2D in parallel to keep both camps happy but I guess not. If a sequel or new 2D game wasn't announced today then it never will be.

13. At least the new colors series looks kinda neat.

14. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Sounded like “Shatterverse” to me. The SONIC Prime graphic/logo emphasizes that to me.

15. Linkabel

Linkabel

It's Shatteredverse.

16. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Well, I'm certainly eating humble pie regarding Zippo.

Anyway, some interesting notes on what we did see:

-As has already been noted, three of the games in Oirigns have already been remade by TaxStealth, so I'm hoping against hope that's what we're getting here - those version with them also doing S3K.
    -Colours Ultimate features the Jade Wisp in the trailer and the game's boxart, so that's clearly being added to the game. That to me means we'll be getting some kind of new level design to facilitate it. Also one of the skins or whatever seemed to have Werehog's cleats? Wonder what's up with that.
    -I have literally nothing I can say about Zap. What can you say about Zap? Hopefully we get a proper trailer at E3.

Anyway, guess I'll go reread those Zippo posts.

17. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Colors Ultimate is nice, fuck off with it being EGS exclusive though.

18. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    In a better world, a remastered port would have already been made and this collection would have been out digitally today. Oh well.

19. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    Was Zippo the one who said something about Adventure remakes or am I wrong?

20. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I’m sure that logo will change, just like Infinite’s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.