don't click here

Upcoming Sonic 30th anniversary news coming 27th May

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ted909, May 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Add the confirmation of that Sonic collection and that will be my prediction of what’s to come.. let’s see

2. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Leave it to Sonic fandom to not only dissect the hell out of a trailer, but to identify major mistakes from the source material, including stolen fan footage, within the first hour or so of release.

I await whatever fates Thursday bring us.

3. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    IGN are hosting a livestream for the event so I think it's almost certain that something will get announced.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. BadBehavior

BadBehavior

Can't wait for the drought to be quenched by Sonic Colors of all games. A whole new generation can discover Baldy Nosehair.

5. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    Not to mention, fans are about to get that fully 2D Boost game they've been asking for. Well, almost, because Colors did have like 15 minutes of 3D.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. SuperSonicRider

SuperSonicRider

Seeing Evan, Tyson, Katie, and Iizuka in the video really made my heart happy

I'm excited, to be honest! I think that was a nice video considering how long it's been since the last news. And nice touch to have Roger Craig Smith narrate it as well. Looking forward to the stream!

7. Frostav

Frostav

I just do not see them spending the money to make a whole new cinematic for Colors. When have they ever done that? It's a re-release of a wii game. I don't know where these rumors that it's gonna be this lavish thing with new cutscenes and a new intro and whatever are coming from.

8. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Oh! It's happening. It's.... happening. Huh. Y'know I'm genuinely surprised they're doing this just 2 weeks before E3 and about a month before the anniversary.

But I'll take it! I wouldn't be surprised if, as others have said, this is just a promotional reveal and a little bit of info on Prime and some Hardlight stuff, ending with an announcement of a press event or an E3 / Anniversary day reveal.

I'm feeling hopeful. That little crumb of new footage they showed looks nice, whatever it is. Obviously they wouldn't create a new promo animation just to show in a split-second of a YouTube video, so it has to be from something new.

I'm going to completely ignore and pretend I never saw that post suggesting it could be an Adventure intro remake. I did not see that. Nope. I am going to spare my own sanity and force my expectations to be almost comedically low. I did not see that :doge:

9. Metalwario64

Metalwario64

Maybe the glow is a charged lightspeed dash/attack. :P

Or maybe, Sonic is now The Master:
    [​IMG]

10. Wildcat

Wildcat

I don’t think it’s far fetched at all. Getting new cgi makes sense if it’s more than a basic rerelease with bonus content. We’ve never known how far they were going with it.

11. Brainulator

Brainulator

Regular garden-variety member Member
    I suspected the clip of Sonic running with an aura came from the 2020 movie... I'm misremembering. I know the movie well to know that shot isn't in there.

I'm looking forward to this! Best yet, I can watch this without having to worry about work and a lack of pre-existing knowledge interfering with things like with the Sonic 1 prototype reveal!

12. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    I'll put in my prediction and say that I think that clip is most likely gonna be Sonic Prime

13. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    If the clip is Sonic Prime, I’ll take that as a win, because it’ll mean they’re sticking to the main visuals and not doing another unnecessary redesign. Either way, I don’t think they’re going to redo the Colours intro when it still looks so stunning. Even if they did add a wealth of new content, would that really need to be represented in the opening CG?

Finally, I don’t see why E3 is a point for them not announcing games here. SEGA doesn’t really do E3 presentations, so surely there’s merit in revealing a game here to drum up hype for it to be playable at E3?

14. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    I don't think a TV series is going to have comparable CGI quality to the games, personally... But we're going to find out pretty soon anyways. It's best to just wait and see at this point. Speculation with not a lot to go on can only get us so far.

15. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 6
    • List
  16. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I’m putting my money on a CG trailer for Colours remastered.
    Sega used CG trailers for Gens, Lost World and Forces (and maybe the og colours? I don’t remember) so I wouldn’t be surprised if it was just a short animation we never actually see in game.

I sure hope it’s a actually from a remake of Sonic Adventure tho :V
    sega please

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  17. Metalwario64

Metalwario64

Eh... The cutscenes in the games use modified 13 year old models with very stiff and unimpressive animation and storyboarding, so I don't think that's a particularly high bar to pass.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I think he's referring to the CGI scenes, which are virtually non-existent in the game nowadays but still look a damn sight better than the game-engine cutscenes.

19. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    I don't want it to be Sonic Adventure 3, but not doing Sonic Adventure 3 for the 3 0 would be a missed opportunity from a marketing standpoint.

Then again I wouldn't mind if they trolled us all and it was a game about the two guys with shopping carts so take that as you will.

20. hiadlzupfer

hiadlzupfer

So... we are waiting for years on a new Sonic game - and the thing they plan for his 30th anniversary is the RERELEASE of a boost game? I'm not gonna start with how awfully sucky I think Colours is (had to rage quit it after a few levels) - but why always so lazy and boring? But that's what we deserve to get apparently - when even Nintendo boasts their BRAND NEW MARIO title (which is a game I already finished 8 years ago...) when it's just a remake with a short new campaign...!

I hope this is just a rumour - give us a proper 2D title (think Mania gameplay with new levels) and/or a NON-BOOST 3D Platformer that can challenge Odyssey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.