don't click here

Upcoming Sonic 30th anniversary news coming 27th May

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ted909, May 25, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Projects could easily just be Sonic Movie 2 and Sonic Prime.

They didn't specifically state a game.

2. MagnusTheGreen

MagnusTheGreen

Stop Calling Me Moonlight Member
    If this is indeed footage of Prime, it seems they'll be going for the "closer to the games" look, which I'm all for!

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The HUD looks like that on the FireTV version of the game. For some reason you can download that and Sonic 1 via Amazon and Apple (I assume it's playable on AppleTV as well)

Ya, it's available there but not actual consoles. It's dumb

4. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Exactly… good eyes.. we can only hope that the Taxman ports are finally getting that console release

5. Have they had an announcement of an announcement with a short wait that wasn’t a total letdown? I’m expecting something about Prime then telling us to wait until June.

6. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    My monies on the Sonic collection & Colours Ultimate being revealed with a release date for later this year, and the 3D Sonic game being teased/announced with a 2022 release.

Nice that Tyson Hesse got a (well deserved) cameo in the video. IIRC SEGA hinted at doing more animated shorts for upcoming projects. So perhaps we'll get a new animated short from Tyson in the Sonic Central Presentation.

7. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    Aww, if they left us in the dark for at least another month, we could have had at least two more "uncle at Sega" rumors for the 30th anniversary!

I'm disappointed!

8. MH MD

MH MD

This would be the most random and obscure source of footage then.

No they didn't, cause there was none. last couple of years always had announcement of announcement with long wait that can take a month, it was never just 2 days of wait.

which actually make this news exciting, if it's good announcements we all win, if it blows? at least we only waited for 2 days -plus years of drought-

9. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Somehow I feel in my bones it'll still be disappointing

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Sure is, but it's the cleanest source they have for that game and they know it, even if they'll never admit it lol

11. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    What did I tell ya? Those who are patient will receive.

I'm expecting Colors Ultimate and maybe the collection to get official announcements. Prime reveal seems somewhat likely too. I imagine the 30th anniversary game will be shown at E3 and they'll tease it in this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Frostav

Frostav

I have a feeling if they were going to talk about the new 3D game they'd highlight that. I expect this to be the basically-confirmed compilation and maybe talk about Prime. At best, we'll get a mostly pointless teaser for the new game.

13. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Is the S3&K footage at the top left stretched or true 16:9?

[​IMG]

EDIT: Stretched, see below replies

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  14. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Stretched for sure, considering the image of S2 below here.

15. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    I expect the Colors remaster announcement and for it to come out before the end of July. I also expect a teaser for the next game and a full trailer at E3. And of course some 30th anniversary events for the mobile games that will be out right after the stream ends.

So happy to finally be close to getting news. Fingers crossed.

16. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
  17. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    F for me, I'm working at that time! Maybe I should call in sick, the hedgehog is obviously waaay more important than any job could ever be

[​IMG]
    This has me really curious though! The glowing aura reminds me of the cyan wisp but others have pointed out that the foliage in the back looks nothing like Planet Wisp. Doubt this is for Sonic Prime, that only started production towards the end of 2020, right? Probably not Adventure Remake because that wouldn't explain the glowing effect either.

I'm convinced that this is for the new 3D game. At first I thought it was a bit of a mistake to just leave that in an otherwise very well put together video, but now I think about it, it's pretty obviously a deliberate tease. They very carefully made sure that we saw there's something new, without actually seeing what's new.

edit: ah shoot the gif disappeared, hang on a sec I'll fix it
    edit 2: fixed

18. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Yeah that image from 3&K seems to be stretched, so idk if the same applies for the Sonic 2 stuff I mentioned earlier.

And also, the 3&K image is from Sonic & Knuckles, not the Sonic 3 half, so my guess is we won’t be getting 3&K in the rumored collection, but I won’t be surprised there

19. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I'd say it's Colors Ultimate, but they also shown trailer footage from the original Colors in that same video. They wouldn't be so dumb as to have both in there, would they?

(yes. yes they would)

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I think it's hilarious that in that this is the first Sonic games news from SEGA in years, and in this minute-long trailer they managed to include highlights such as...

Sonic's actual death scene in '06:
    sonicded.PNG

Sonic's universally panned and subsequently scrapped design from the movie:
    sonicgremlin.PNG

And even a fan-made animation:
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.