don't click here

Sega Test

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Black Squirrel, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Fair enough, I'll work that in on the answers field - however the Trivia section can kinda give it away and I don't think it's worth spoiler-tagging all of those as well, so I'm not adding it there =P

2. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    BUMP

It's taken me the better part of 3 months, but I've finally finished transcribing all 180 questions on the Sega Test: https://segaretro.org/Sega_Test

While I've not got around to finishing the page yet (need to put all the images up, etc), you can now see how hard the questions were on the tests you didn't do, and for those who didn't take any, have a go yourself. Fun fact: http://segatest.sega.com/ now forwards directly to the Sega 60th website, so we are literally the only source on the internet for the full question set now.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    You are a fucking rockstar. Also fascinating stuff with the Needlemouse clarification.

4. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I was holding off because I actually wanted to take the test to see if I was amazing.

Turns out, I'm kinda not.

I mean I didn't stand a chance on a lot of the very Japanese-centric questions, and Dartslive/Atlus aren't really "Sega" as far as I'm concerned, but seriously, the dip switches on an After Burner Delxue cabinet - it's hilarious they asked, but anyone who knows the answer is lying. The English translations are also wonky in places, so it's easy to be misled, but from a glance, it looks like the Mr. Needlemouse question is the only one they got wrong.

Not quite sure how they calculated the "Sega IQ" (I got "more than half" on the first test... if that means anything), so it's not something I think we can replicate on Sega Retro (unless someone knows differently?), however I have formatted the tests in a more pleasing way (at the time of writing the "arrange in order" tests need more work but you get the idea), so as long as you supply your own watch, you'll be able to take the test almost as god intended.

And yes, all credit to Overlord for saving this.

5. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    The page is now 100% finished by the way, in terms of images, etc - did the last of them this week. I've uploaded everything that was saved at this point - taken just about 6 months to do =P