don't click here

Sonic 1 but you Spindash every frame

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Spicy Bread SSR, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Spicy Bread SSR

Spicy Bread SSR

You can call me Mal if you like Member
    What makes a good Sonic game? Speed, of course! And what makes instant speed? For classic Sonic, that's the Spindash! So what would happen if you made Sonic Spindash every possible chance he gets, in a game that has more puzzle elements if anything? You'll really have to see it to believe it...

Controls
    Down: Stop the Spindash
    Jump: Do the "Super Sonic Spindash", better known as a Jump
    Left and Right: Move left and right to continue your momentum, or control your jump in the air

"New" features
    Sonic CD Roll Jump control
    Extended Camera (Optional)
    And of course, a forced Spindash every time that you touch the floor. Even when you're next to a wall.

Watch out for Dr Robotnik's Diabolical Death Trap, such as the S-Tubes!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  2. MagnusTheGreen

MagnusTheGreen

Stop Calling Me Moonlight Member
    I fiddled with the spring and got this in Green Hill Act 3. Also, could you make a more centered camera, or at least have a toggle for the original camera? Good hack tho!

Attached Files:

3. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    This sounds like an interesting, unique idea!

So much interesting that I wanted to give it a try despite my hate for the CD camera.

Except...
    [​IMG]

4. Spicy Bread SSR

Spicy Bread SSR

You can call me Mal if you like Member
    Funny thing actually, this hack happened due to a glitch when I tried to make the spindash automatically use the Sonic CD Camera. I'll revert some of the stuff to the original game (the end of scrap brain 1 was also slightly changed) and give the option for the camera

5. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    You should have made a new post when you attached the alternate version to the OP, I didn't realise it until a few hours ago :(

Anyway, even if it's a few days late, here's a video of it.