don't click here

New Re-encoded Sonic Xtreme videos in the raw !

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Andrew75, Nov 19, 2014.

1. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    All three links in the OP work for me still.

2. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    I'm seeing the same thing here. The frame rate in the fish-eye gameplay is abysmal, then the boss battles are running like a dream. That's no wonder SEGA wanted more of what was going on with the boss engine, than Ofer/Chris Senn's side of the game. (It sucks that POV beat them to the presentation, and they had footage of their PC version running perfectly.)

Either way, these clean rips are impressive. A hat tip to Chris for uploading these for the rest of the world to see once again. I'm sure it's doing wonders for your research, Andrew.

3. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    Oh yes some of the background blocks have animated glitter textures hahah. you can still make that out in the old videos if you look closely !

4. synchronizer

synchronizer

I finally noticed the obvious: only the forwards/backwards and left/right sprites were implemented.

5. If you separate SonicDemo96 clip into 60fps fields, they still appear two blended frames sometimes, loops in particular. Why is that? Was this footage, like, recorded with interlacing, then corrupted/blended and interlaced again?