don't click here

The Supreme Topic of 'Other' Knowledge.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by McGuirk, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Pengi

Pengi

It's taller, just like in Sonic 2 and Sonic & Knuckles.

2. CaseyAH_

CaseyAH_

human incarnation of Palmtree Panic 'P' Mix Member
    "Robo Sonic" was the name given to the S2 Mecha Sonic in LEGO Dimensions. S3 Mecha was still called Mecha Sonic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    But not as big as the S3K incarnation and not as though as its S2 incarnation, it's not the same size but looked closer to Metal in my eyes at least.

I assigned them that way due to the S2 concept art, but that sounds more official and I think I used those names that way before seeing that art. Using a specific name for each mech is just a way to make it clearer in my mind anyway, to not call all of them with three different names.

4. RDNexus

RDNexus

I tend to call S3K robotic Sonic as Mecha Sonic mk2, as SA1 did with E-101 beta upon upgrade.
    Other than that, I deem all other robotic Sonics as Mecha Sonics.
    At the end of the day, that's what they are ^^"

5. Pengi

Pengi

The Sonic Fandom.com wiki has 11 Chaos Emerald sprites for Sonic Chronicles, four of which are labelled "Japanese version": https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Chaos_Emerald/Gallery#Sprites

There doesn't appear to be any other information about this anywhere on the Internet. Does anyone know which colour replaced which?

6. I mean it's a Wikia site so I would take anything they claim with a grain of salt...

7. Is there a place to discuss potentially stolen work? (Not mine, but I found something suspicious online)

8. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  9. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    I suppose a new topic on either the gaming section of the forum or the creative one, depending on the case.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!

Idk how to fact check this but according to this video, apparently SA1 and SA2 were going to get N.Sane style remakes in 2015 by Sega of China, but Sonic Boom tanked so hard Sega became distrustful of other developers and pulled the plug.

I wonder if there's any truth to this. It sounds stupid enough to be real anyways

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Sega of China did the PS2 port of NiGHTS among other things.

Highly doubt it though. There is no reason to stop Adventure remakes from your own studio just because an outsourced product in a new universe didn't go as well.

12. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Looks like this "leak" came from Zippo, the same guy who claimed that Classic Sonic was done for, the boost gameplay was done for, the next 3D Sonic game would be an Adventure game, and that all the 30th anniversary stuff was going to be announced at the end of March.

As such, it is practically guaranteed to be fake.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. MH MD

MH MD

Dunno if all informations are included in that video, but here is the leak source from zippo if anyone interested

https://zippospeaks.blogspot.com/2021/04/yes-there-were-sonic-adventure-remakes.html

Now that March has passed and he didn't even remark on it, it seems unlikely that it's true , cause also:
    -if sega was afraid of outsourcing sonic after boom, how does that explains boom ice and fire then? or even Mania that was developed in 2015?

On the other hand, this can also explains the random Adventure concert with remastered music in 2016

But yeah, grain of salt and all that, outsourcing reason alone is sus

14. Pengi

Pengi

They were much smaller and cheaper projects.

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    2016 was Sonic's 25th Anniversary. It also took place in April, two months before said anniversary.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
  17. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    With TSSZ gone, I feel that going back and getting some of this finally on the wiki might be a good idea.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
  19. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    https://info.sonicretro.org/File:Chaotix_EU_promotional_Knuckles.jpg
    https://info.sonicretro.org/File:Chaotix_EU_promotional_Sonic.jpg

Even though for some reason we're also listing them as such, no, they aren't from Chaotix. It's Sega Europe-commissioned artwork from the second half of 1994 that... exists.

https://segaretro.org/File:32xbox_eu_chaotix1.jpg

The Knuckles one ended up on this Chaotix-flavoured version of the 32X, which is presumably where the train of thought comes from, but I'm relatively certain it's just generic Sonic artwork they could plaster anywhere, rather than for any specific game.

20. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    Thanks for the answer. I had a feeling that's some kind of commissioned artwork, but the two rings pieced together seemed like it could link back to Chaotix stuff.

Oh, btw. Sonic Adventure Remakes were a thing back in 2015 apparently:

https://zippospeaks.blogspot.com/2021/04/yes-there-were-sonic-adventure-remakes.html?m=1

As always, take it with a grain of salt. I'm seeing more and more of this info popping up in internet in the last few hours. Don't know if it's worth to start a new thread just yet.