don't click here

Several Voice Actors Leave The Sonic Franchise

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by jubbalub, Jan 28, 2021.

1. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    He's told me that he uses some kind of alert system to whenever his name is mentioned anywhere, whether it's a Twitter post or a Youtube comment. It's not uncommon for those in the professional world to use something similar to build up their social media presence. He probably also uses it on certain words like "Eggman".

2. Frostav

Frostav

Being annoyed that Pollock doesn't want to voice potentially vulgar things like "pingas" is like complaining that he doesn't want to do any of the lines of the infamous snapcube dub speech. Dude has contracts and they certainly include "no family-unfriendly stuff as Eggman".

3. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    Holy moly, now that is some serious cringe coming from a so-called "professional". Completely changes my view. I never cared for his performance as Eggman to begin with, but I assumed he was at least a decent guy. Decent people don't harass kids on Twitter and (almost) never admit fault.

makes me feel better about my own whiny jackassery tbh :v

4. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    Come on, guys. It's Twitter. Feel free to report such behaviour.

5. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    "It's just the internet" is no excuse for a pattern of poor behavior. It does not make him immune to criticism. Besides, Twitter (and any other large social media company for that matter) can't be trusted to manage toxicity properly anyhow, they let a certain individual run roughshod on all norms of decency until the last minute.

6. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    I know, that's why I don't use it.

7. A lot of professionals on social media use apps like TweetDeck which give them features normal Twitter doesn't. Instead of one column for whatever page your on (timeline, your profile, your mentions, etc), you can have several columns in a row and customize them to your liking. You can have a column reserved for a saved search, it'll automatically update any time someone tweets a specific word or phrase. Online personalities and brands use this to keep tabs on the discussion surrounding them, and if they're smart they know not to fucking acknowledge anything said about them that's not directed towards them. A lot of the more vain personalities will respond or even simply like the tweets they see, then it seems like they're sitting there name-searching manually, rather than automatically.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  8. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I think he's annoying because he often comes across as very obnoxious and big-headed on Twitter. I don't think it's a big deal, and Twitter's kind of a hell-site, but that's my impression of him.

I do think he's a good Eggman though.

9. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    [​IMG]

I think it's safe to wonder if Mike has something wrong with him.

10. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    To be fair, you show me someone with no issues and I'll show you a liar.

11. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    I think he comes across as having more issues than the average person. I don't really care about how virtuous voice actors are, but I don't think most of my friends would make public jokes about school shootings :V

Okay not really a joke, but you get what I mean.

12. Blastfrog

Blastfrog

See ya starside. Member
    I wonder if he's reading this very thread... :P Hi Mike!

13. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I think the point's been made now, though.

14. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    This is pretty tame for a Reddit post, I've seen much worse

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  15. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    I've never been a big fan of Roger's Sonic's voice. He always sounded too old to me and more like he was trying too hard to be cool.
    It doesn't change the fact that Roger is a very talented voice actor and I can't imagine anyone else playing the role of Ezio Auditore.

Hopefully Sega will pick someone who sounds more like Ryan Drummond or Jason Griffith. Getting Drummond again would be neat, but I don't believe that's happening. If anything, Sonic and Tails R proved, that he still can be a good Sonic.

My first choice of a new actor, would be the guy who plays Ryuji Sakamoto in Persona 5.

16. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I'm kinda disappointed tbh. Was looking forward to something new

18. I'm actually really happy he's back tbh. Glad they were able to work something out.

Hopefully the scripts and voice direction improves.

19. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Interesting development. Then again, Mike was temporarily not the voice of Eggman until he was officially recast in 2010. Though in this instance it seems more intent to push Roger out.

20. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Wait, what?
    This is so weird.

I don't play Sonic games in English anymore so it doesn't matter much to me but good for him I guess.
    I always thought he was the best English Sonic VA, but I was really curious to see who was gonna voice the blue blur next.