don't click here

Sonic After the Sequel DX

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by LakeFeperd, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Better than Sonic Genesis... Member
    Sorry for the double post, but I figured this deserves an actual bump. It seems that Windows update KB4580325 wiped out the registry associated with Flash so it's completely useless. I keep getting an error popping up when I try to run the game with cutscenes. Can't really uninstall the update either :/

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Sally Rose

Sally Rose

Like i said. I belive the best bet at this point is to simply scalp them off youtube

3. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
  4. Sally Rose

Sally Rose

yep it works great now

5. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

The only issues I'm seeing so far are that the opening video didn't seem to scale up to the 640 window size and the main menu seems to be missing. Otherwise, videos are actually playing which is great!

Edit: Just some additional notes since I remembered the U button skip. I had some cutscenes that would not load for me:
    • The one following Tails' first boss fight & right before Rocky Ride
    • The one right before Sunset Star Zone
    • The one preceding the Sunset Star Zone Boss
    • The one preceding the Fortress Flow Boss
    Additionally, the Cloudy Crowd Boss is calling itself the Metro Madness Boss for some reason which I'm not sure was intentional or a bug in the original game. Also, if you loop back to the title screen following the credits, it will bring up the level select screen and then the main menu. I'm likewise not sure if this was intended by Lake or not, but I know ATS opens straight up into the main menu after hitting enter on the title screen.

If I encounter anymore bugs I'll let you know, and thanks again for putting in the work to make the cutscenes playable again :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  6. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
    Waiy, which menu?

7. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

It would be the menu with buttons for Normal mode, Special, Level Select, and options.

Edit: Also, it seems the special menu doesn't have it's video replaced since I'm getting the registry error message again.

Edit 2: I really should look into these things before posting, sorry. I checked a longplay of the game and it seems there's a basic menu that loads before finishing the game with options for New Game and Load game only. I'm guessing the full menu is supposed to unlock after you beat the game once.

8. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
    Hey thanks a bunch for letting me know what specificity what cutscenes don't work! I appreciate it :D

9. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

Of course! I'm gonna do another U key run-through and a normal run-through just to be sure and I'll let you know what I find.

Edit: It seems to be random which cutscenes will load and which won't load. I got a different batch of cutscenes that refused to load the second time around.

Also, I think I may have solved the issue with the opening movie's resolution. I got a similar problem with the cutscene right before the death egg boss and I realized it was because the game is displaying at 640X480 presumably because it's a setting saved in the save file, but the options menu seems to think it's at 320x240.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  10. Gamingforest

Gamingforest

Lover of fangames Member
    If y'all don't mind me asking, how hard would it be to make the game 16/9?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. MagnusTheGreen

MagnusTheGreen

Stop Calling Me Moonlight Member
    Stupid question, but I'm dumb: I wanna try Sonic BTS with cutscenes running on windows 10 without flash or a flash emulator. Could someone give me a step by step instruction on how to do this?

12. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

So far, all we have is the early version of a "patch" done by Rudie located a few posts up. I'm guessing he's still working out the bugs when he can.

13. RetroRespecter

RetroRespecter

I'm amazed that this is still getting support.

14. Sally Rose

Sally Rose

any good news on this? Hopeing to finaly get bts and ats dx up and in running format again, the side games would be fun to have as well but not as important as the main entries, but if possible it would be good to have the entire Lake Saga <3 just was posting to see how things are going.

15. Beamer the Meep

Beamer the Meep

While I can't speak to the news aspect, I believe Chrono Adventure and Before the Sequel Aftermath don't utilize flash cutscenes, so they should run just fine.

16. Gamingforest

Gamingforest

Lover of fangames Member
    Why does the patch ask to make changes to my computer?

I clicked yes, but none of the cutscenes play. The screen just displays a black screen with a white square.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2021
  17. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
    Did you unzip the contents of the archive (which means both the new exe and the "videos" folder) into its own directory?
    Also, I have no idea why it asks Admin privileges to run. It asks me that too, but I didn't set it up to ask for them.

They do not use Flash, so there's no need to fix them! Also sorry for the slow updates, I've been very busy with studying lately.

18. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    I turned on my old laptop yesterday and I could avoid uninstalling Flash, so technically I'm still capable of playing these games as LF made them. Has anyone owning Fusion tried the same to edit the game and work something around?

Also, forgot to ask earlier, but... ¿does the game still work with Flash uninstalled? The cutscenes not, obviously, but I don't know if that issue somehow locks the games.

19. Gamingforest

Gamingforest

Lover of fangames Member
    As long as you disable cutscenes in the menu, everything should probably work as intended.

20. Sally Rose

Sally Rose

EDIT see new post for epic update!

(hay this is a bit strange but i was playing some ats and i just beat the boss of storm station on story mode, but instead of the next level i keep getting booted back to the boss of sugar rush waterway. can some one provide me with a story mode save file, as sonic right after the boss of SS zone? so i can actually progress?)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021