don't click here

"Multiple" new Sonic games planned for 2021

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Sep 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I mean, Marlon Saunders worked with SEGA quite a bit for a few years. After Burning Rangers, he went on to be the lead vocalist for Knuckles' themes in SA1 and SA2. That incredibly jazzy sound that you hear in Burning Rangers permeated through SA1 and it was lush. It was definitely a pre-cursor to where Sonic was headed. But after SA1 the series leaned more into rock music and realistic aesthetics, leaving the jazzy and funky 90s SEGA behind has the series moved forwards. It's kind of indicative of how SEGA as a gaming company changed a lot in those years with the shift to being third-party developer.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Oh shit, it is the same singer. I never put two and two together

3. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    Now, Sonic is just our shitty friend.

4. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Alright, I think we've deviated and gone far enough off topic as it is - now we've left the Sonic franchise entirely. I'm making an executive decision here and just locking the thread this point - note not TRASHING it, just locking it. It can open again when we've actually got something to talk about.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    TY Overlord for unlocking.

Feel like this is worthy of mentioning but SEGA recently stopped mentioning new games this year in their press releases for investors.

[​IMG]

It might mean nothing but considering every press release until this one promised new games this year it is something to take note of. Fingers crossed.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  6. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Interesting... Also what do they mean by No. 1 box office hit? Number 1 animated movie?

7. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    It was #1 for 2 weeks and probably would have grossed way more than it did if not for Covid.

8. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    OK so the reason I unlocked this was that it was said this image had changed - this doesn't appear to be the case so I think imma lock it again. Sorry =P

• List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.