don't click here

New Genesis game: Eyra the Crow Maiden

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by JaxTH, Mar 15, 2020.

1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/project...w-maiden-a-new-adventure-for-the-nintendo-nes

50 hours left at time of this post.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    "How to fund an NES game (plus extra Genesis version) with mockups that don't apply the system's limitations". Interesting.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Kickstarter over. They made 32k off of wanting $5,500.

There were Limited clamshell, deluxe cardboard box, loose cart, and ROM only variants for the Genesis version.

So here, have a Sega Retro page: Eyra the Crow Maiden and also a dev page: Second Dimension

4. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
    I'm not an expert, so if you don't mind, could you tell me why the mockups don't apply to the Genesis' limitations?

5. Shout outs to both Adam and Jav-- two of the most nicest dudes in SD.

I've worked with these guys as a box/cover artist for a few projects (Curse of Illmoore Bay, NES Virus Cleaner, Handy Harvy, Family Picross and some others) I'm not part of this particular project since my focus is elsewhere.

Even though I'm not part of it, I can still let y'all know when something comes up on this game. :)

As far as the mockups for the Genesis game, I'm sure it's applied there as well, but the main focus was primarily on the NES game, as that was the game that was coded and had it's graphics made first. Granted, even though there's obviously less limitations than the NES, the Genesis game will be a port with a little extra. ;)

6. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    It would be nice if you could get some release dates or something for their other games for Sega Retro since I basically see no information on their website for such things.

7. As it's being developed, it's tba right now. I can get anything concrete, I'll let you know.

Keep your eye on the KS, Adam will update it often. :)

8. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Don't ask me, it says it right there in the Kickstarter.

EDIT: I was talking the NES version, which is the main thing there. The Genesis version was a later addition.

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    An NES demo, for those curious.

10. Vangar

Vangar

Yeah the sprite color is far less in the demo compared to the kickstarter sprites.

imo looks like a pretty straight forward platformer at this point. not a big fan of the level design shown so far and the movement sprite seems a little off. Just to go into a little detail here, it feels like all the platforms are very 'pyramid' in nature? like every platform drops down by a block before a hole. lots of pyramid structure platforming.

Always good to see games being made for older systems though i guess.

11. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some comparison shots to give y'all.

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Actually, more like:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    :specialed:

13. Hahaha, touchè. Add a CRT filter, and we gotta deal. :P

14. News from Second Dimension:

"Erya [NES] now has 12 playable levels with enemies and 3 boss fights! 2 more fights in three levels to go, and then it's time for polishing/bugfixing!"

[​IMG]

15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  16. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    I dig this quite a bit! To me, it feels like IceCap Zone's outside floating-ice background mixed with Lava Reef Zone's colour palettes and general aesthetics. :)

17. SD put up a Genesis/MD demo! :)
    https://www.second-dimension.com/downloads/eyra-sega-demo

They want to know what people like/dislike about it after they played it. I'll relay the message over to them, as well as any questions y'all might have.

Just C&C though, I'm sure they know about the quirks and bugs if any. (Although, if y'all find anything real crazy, I'll let them know!)

I just played it, and I already love it. The music and the voice work it pretty amazing imo.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EDIT: No idea why these are sideways.