don't click here

Not so Simple Sonic Advance Worlds Series

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Ice, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Ice

Ice

I'm gonna make a sonic fangame one day BELIEVE IT! Member
    Sonic Alpha
    Collection of Sonic Advance frameworks made by Ice for Clickteam Fusion 2.5. Click the spoiler tab underneath the logo to visit the download page.
    (Please note max number of images is limited to 25 so for this thread I had to reduced amount of images that were originally shown. You can check the sfghq page where the frameworks were originally posted to see the full amount.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is a base engine available for anyone to use to create their own Sonic Advance style game in Clickteam Fusion 2.5.
    You need at least Build 294.10 or higher to run this.

How to play:

['D-pad']-Move
    ['A']-Jump
    ['B']-Action

Final Update v1.2.3 has now been released! The update includes:
    • Added Devmode_Debug (let's you spawn objects during level gameplay).
    • Added Character Select (Now you can add your own character profiles for custom characters!)
    • Platforms now have backgrounds (Thanks to Julio Cesar (@NaitorStudios))
    • Fixed Camera for Aspect Ratio and overall Camera Code.
    • Fixed Partner carrying player & animation during underwater.
    • Fixed Capsule Fall Collision and added camera shake for when it lands.
    • Fixed Amy Air Attack bug where animation won't play after launching off corkscrew spring and improved overall code function.
    • Characters now bounce off objects and enemies properly.
    • Getting 100+ Rings now plays the 1up jingle.
    • Overall Physics improvement.
    • Act 2 has been included (mainly to show off water and the template boss LOL)
    • Other various fixes.
    v1.2.3 Hotfix:
    • Fixed screen resize issue.
    • There's now only one template level instead of two full acts in the source build.
    • Improved Rail Grinding system (Player can now jump off rails at anytime).
    • Added back in the proper menu that was made for the example build.
    • Sonic now has full range of his Color Palette which gives his super transformation proper palette cycle across his entire sprite.
    • You can fastforward title card by pressing A now.
    • Fix animation from freezing when Knuckles stops gliding while turning.
    • Fix camera shake and capsule land sfx from replaying after unpausing.
    • Fix bug where player is able to pause while title card is activated after re-entering debug mode.
    • Fix rolling sfx from playing while holding on on certain gimmicks as well as adding sfx when knuckles glides or falls on bounce platforms.
    • Fix Super Sonic's Skin being behind Partner.
    • Fix bug where Amy could use her air attack during debug mode.
    • Fix Knuckles Fall & Slide animation from restarting after unpausing.
    • Player can now properly jump underwater.
    What originally started as a revival of my original sonic fangame I attempted to do before Sonic Alpha inspired by Alexandre Martins's Neo Sonic Universe became a Sonic Advance Framework for Clickteam Fusion and it's finally done! It is a modified version of Not so Simple Sonic Worlds by LakeFeperd (and the same knowledge applied to it can be applied here because it is literally the same framework just "Sonic Advance-ified".)

Within the Download is the source code (Which works with Standard Fusion 2.5) and an example game built into an exe that you can play (Your PC might accuse it of it being a virus but I assure you this is not a virus.)

To turn Super Sonic press the "Select" button and you should hear a ring sfx and recieve 50 Rings if you haven't gotten that amount already. As long as you have 50 Rings after doing that jump and press "X" while in mid-air to transform.

To enable Debug mode press the "L" button in the menu you should hear a ring sfx for each time it's turned on/off which you can check in the options menu. Then press the "L" button again while in level to activate it. The "R" button is used to spawn objects, the "A" button is used to change objects and the "B" button is used to swap monitor boxes.

I have included within the download all of the required extensions you need to open the file IF YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE THEM!

Update Log v1.1:
    • Sign Post now works like original Advance Thanks to Yonatankr
    • Works in Standard Fusion 2.5
    • Fixed falling off Loops although it still might happen but not as often
    • Adjust Sonic's Air-Dash to be quicker
    Update Log v1.2:

• Partner Tails' skin is now checked to "follow the frame"(Previously it was unchecked before due to a bug where the skin would disappear while looping past the goal but that bug has now been fixed.)
    • Permanently fixed a bug (caused by sensor adjustment code) that was causing the player to fall off while running or spin dashing mid-loop.
    • Added Loop Tunnel Gimmick Sprite as well as the collision now attached to it by code like all of the other gimmicks.
    • Tunnel code has been updated.
    • "?" Monitor Rings have now been added.
    • Characters now have proper skidding animation and blink in their idle animation lol.
    • Characters no longer move nor can do any action during the level ending sequence.
    • Knuckles can now look up while floating across the surface of water.
    • Knuckles doesn't clip through walls while gliding at the bottom edge of collision anymore.
    • Tails flight has been adjusted.
    • Corkscrew animation sprites for all characters have adjusted to match the original game properly.
    • Camera now pans when player spin dash above max speed like in the original game.
    • Fixed walking animation resetting while pressing the arrow keys.
    • Added missing hurt animation frame for sonic, tails & knuckles.
    • Camera, Background, Signpost, and Capsule has been adjusted to be more accurate to the original.
    • Partner Ai has been slightly updated.
    • Partner Ai can now use their action attack.
    • Fixed Camera on Capsule.
    • Added option to enable Super music in the code (Turned on by default.)
    • "Prevent Tails Respond" is now a qualifier instead of an object so you can use it for on anything you want.
    • Created a Looping Sound System within the Not so Simple Sonic Worlds sound engine so now you can loop music seamlessly instead of having to use two tracks (one for intro and the other for the loop.)
    • Various other adjustments & bugfixes.
    Update Log v1.2.1:
    • Slight Camera Adjustments
    • Fixed Enemy Collision Code (should fix previous performance issues that was causing slowdown.)
    • Removed SAGE 2020 Anniversary intro as that has long since been over lol.
    Update Log v1.2.2:
    • Ported Key Mapping from Sonic Worlds Delta but I modified the control scheme to be in the style of the GBA.
    • Fixed Crabmeat Badnik Animation hotspot.
    • Fixed Crabmeat bug where it sometimes floats to the top of platform it's under.
    • Slightly adjusted Screen Resolution (now it's 284x160 as opposed to 285x160 for proper 16:9 Resolution) and fixed Screen Resize code (Now it resizes accurately with no irregular stretched out pixels).
    • Added Vsync to options.
    • Added to options choice to pick between Aspect Ratio [3:2](240x160 Original GBA Aspect Ratio) and [16:9](284x160 Custom Widescreen Aspect Ratio I developed which is set on by default).
    • Hud layout has been slightly adjusted.
    • Characters can now use actions while looking up or crouching down.
    • Title Card Zone and Character Victory names scrolling has been redone.
    • Pause system has been entirely reworked along with majority of the engine code being tweaked for it (Users can now choose between Sonic Advance Style Pause [Pause & Unpause only] & Sonic Advance 2 Style Pause [Able to exit the level while Pausing]) in the engine.
    • Fixed Player not turning properly while still.
    • Fix Knuckles not being able to jump after landing on ground during swimming.
    • Fixed Super Peel-Out (While unused you can enable it inside the engine if you like).
    • Other various tweaks & bugfixes.
    Update Log v1.2.2(Hotfix):
    • Fixed camera not panning back up while crouching down and spindashing.
    • Fixed Amy hammer sound playing multiple times at once.
    • Fixed Player Idle animation not resetting upon re-entering the level.
    • Fixed Player from jumping as soon as the title card ends.
    • Fixed Checkpoint not resetting upon re-entering the level.
    • Checkpoints now function like they do in Sonic Advance.
    • Fixed Score not resetting when leaving the level.
    • Fixed Skidding animation resetting after unpausing.
    • Fixed Player sometimes falling off rails when jumping on them.
    • Minor bugfixes.

Download Link:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/50ri7w239rdlx52/NSS_Sonic_Advance_Worlds_V1.2.3_%28Final_Update_Hotfix%234%29.zip/file

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Credits

Game and logo created by Ice

Majority Programming: Ice

Some Additional Programming: Nihil, Yonatankr, Spindash12
    Support: Spitfya
    Original framework: Not so Simple Sonic Worlds by LakeFeperd
    NSS Partner System: Ice, lighto, Carlos Ushiromiya and Rifty.
    Bug Testing and fixing: Ice
    Various Sprites: Spriter Resources and many ripped by Ice
    Various Sfx: Sptifya, Sound Resource

Special Thanks to SonicGamingHub for the camera aspect ratio fix and idea.

Special Thanks: Spitfya, Nihil, Yonatankr, Spindash12, SpookyGuga, RAGGY, Dark and Bennascar and anyone else who's helped or contributed in any sort of way If I haven't mentioned you.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is a base engine available for anyone to use to create their own Sonic Advance 2 style game in Clickteam Fusion 2.5.
    You need at least Build 294.14 or higher to run this.
    How to play:

['D-pad']-Move
    ['A']-Jump
    ['B']-Action
    ['R']-Trick (In Mid-Air)

New Update v1.1 has now been released! The update includes:
    • Fixed screen resize issue.
    • Fixed lag issue.
    • There's now only one template level instead of two full acts in the source build.
    • Fixed Sonic & Amy's Underwater Bounce Height for their Down Air Action Trick.

Within the Download is the source code (Which works with Standard Fusion 2.5) and an example game built into an exe that you can play (Your PC might accuse it of it being a virus but I assure you this is not a virus.)

To turn Super Sonic press the "Select" button and you should hear a ring sfx and recieve 50 Rings if you haven't gotten that amount already. As long as you have 50 Rings after doing that jump and press "R" while in mid-air to transform.

To enable Debug mode press the "L" button in the menu you should hear a ring sfx for each time it's turned on/off which you can check in the options menu. Then press the "L" button again while in level to activate it. The "R" button is used to spawn objects, the "A" button is used to change objects and the "B" button is used to swap monitor boxes.

I have included within the download all of the required extensions you need to open the file IF YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE THEM!

Download Link:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8oqdr8h9ln4zy6r/NSS_Sonic_Advance_2_Worlds_1.1.zip/file

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Credits

Game, framework and logo created by Ice
    Majority Programming:
    Ice

Some Additional Programming: Yonatankr

Base framework: Not so Simple Sonic Advance Worlds by Ice

Original framework: Not so Simple Sonic Worlds by LakeFeperd

Bug testing and fixing: Ice

Various Sprites: Spriter Resource and many ripped by Ice

Various Sfx: Sound Resource, BlazeFireLP
    Special Thanks:
    • Yonatankr for the helping me with the afterimages and Cheese following Cream.
    • SpookyGuga for the Yellow Spring Color Palette.
    • Julio Cesar (@NaitorStudios) for pairing objects code.
    • SonicGamingHub for the camera aspect ratio fix and idea. Check out his framework "Genesis Sonic Worlds" it's pretty lit.
    • SwackyGCF's "Super Mario Bros" code video which I used as a reference for coding collision for various things such as the boss template.
    • Almightyzentaco for the guide on how to make stretchy chains.
    • Ashzone for some of the music used from his "Sonic Advance 4" OST.
    • BlazeFireLP for the sound effects.
    • Jesus Christ who's my main motivator for everything I do.
    • Moe for a few of the Super Sonic Advance style sprites. Other edits/custom sprites were made by Ice.
    • My family & friends and anyone else who's helped or contributed in any sort of way If I haven't mentioned you.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2023
  2. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    The image links appear to be broken. But otherwise this is pretty exiting to see Sonic Advance get some recognition like this :)

3. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    This looks incredibly promising! It's just unfortunate that there's such a significant price gate to purchase the 2.5+ DLC in order to access the source, on top of needing to actively seek out an unreleased shader effect on the Discord server. I hope this will be more accessible in the future for aspiring fangame developers.

4. Ice

Ice

Sonic Alpha
    Actually you don't need 2.5+ to use this! It works perfectly fine with Standard Fusion as with Sonic Worlds. I was just saying it's also compatible with Directx11 (which requires 2.5+) but the Shader used for Super Sonic hasn't been ported over "Officially".

Someone from the official clickteam discord ported over the shader for me and I asked if I could distribute it along with the release but they requested that people can come over and join the official discord in order to get it to prove their copy of fusion is legit and not a pirated copy because some people pirate clickteam fusion (I myself had as well a couple years ago before eventually buying the product along with 2.5+ sometime last year).

fixed thanks for letting me know!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2021
  5. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    I have the latest version of Fusion 2.5 Developer installed, but it's telling me that it was saved with a newer version so I still can't open it. I wonder if the unreleased shader is to blame?

6. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
    This happened to me too.
    @Ice: did you guys test it with regular CF2.5?

7. Ice

Ice

Sonic Alpha
    I apologize I think I know what happened. I left some things in the mfa checked that were only 2.5+ options only and not for standard so I unchecked them. Try downloading them now and see if it works now.

8. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    I downloaded from the link above and I still get the error message.

9. Ice

Ice

Sonic Alpha
    Yea I figured out yesterday so I tried to fix it in any way possible but nothing i do works. For some reason my clickteam seems to be somewhat buggied despite being a paid copy. Normally removing any 2.5+ features I might have possibly used would solve the problem but the thing is I can't figure out whether or not I have because I can't even copy and paste the frame nor anything in it into a standard fusion 2.5 source because "It was built on a newer version".

I'm really sorry about this but for now until I can figure out why this is happening I guess the source will be for 2.5+ in the meantime :(

10. Rudie Radio Waves

Rudie Radio Waves

Italy
    Many a game.
    Don't worry about it! I'm still very happy this has been made at all, so thank you and everyone involved for making it!

11. Ice

Ice

Sonic Alpha
    You're welcome!

12. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Interesting! Though, you might want to double check Sonic & Tails mode, I was able to fall out of a loop while running through it at high speeds.

13. Ice

Ice

Sonic Alpha
    will do thanks for the feedback!

Also @Strife @Rudie Radio Waves I figured out a way to port it to 2.5 with the help of a friend! The mfa is now compatible in standard 2.5 as originally intended!
    However I'm working on one last update before I upload it so I apologize for the patience. I will let you know once it's ready!

14. Ice

Ice

Sonic Alpha
    @Strife @Rudie Radio Waves Update is Done! It now works with Standard Fusion 2.5 give it a download and let me know if it truly works this time!

15. SpaceyBat

SpaceyBat

United States
    Freedom Planet 2
    Just tried it out and it works now! Thanks for the fix!

16. Ice

Ice

Sonic Alpha
    Glad it worked and you're welcome!

17. Ice

Ice

Sonic Alpha
    Just wanted to let you know that a new update is out! (Probably my last one too as my next step is to finish Not so Simple Sonic Advance 2 Worlds.)

18. Ice

Ice

Sonic Alpha
    Apologies for the long wait but it's finally done! Really is my last update this time, truly my magnum opus! Enjoy!

19. Ice

Ice

Sonic Alpha
    I know I said v1.2.2 was my last update however I found a fix for the Camera for Aspect Ratio implemented in the update and I figured if I were going to update one last time might as take some time and well go all out to fix and improvement every possible thing I can think of as well as adding in features I originally intended to add but was against at first (adding a character select and debug mode) because I wanted the framework to be bare-bones basic as the original Not so Simple Sonic Worlds lol. Good thing I didn't stick to that plan.

20. Ice

Ice

Sonic Alpha
    Hello everyone! I recently finished the sequel to my first Sonic Advance framework, "Not so Simple Sonic Advance 2 Worlds" and I thought I'd update this thread here to let you guys know!

Instead of making a separate page I thought I'd keep everything under one for the sake of simplicity.