don't click here

Streets of Rage 4

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Jason, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Mentski

Mentski

Pff. Member
    Parts Unknown
    Being a mysterious face.
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  2. Xilla

Xilla

I fail to understand....I begin to see! Member
    Did they ever say anything about the "Genesis Case" given with the Limited Edition having a reversible cover? At least judging by the fact it's pictured alongside the Classic edition I'm assuming it's in scale with the originals.

(Cos I'm sure as hell not putting a "Genesis" branded case on the Shelf of Rage once that's up :V)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  3. Mentski

Mentski

Pff. Member
    Parts Unknown
    Being a mysterious face.
    It's gotta be at least a to scale MD case, which I assume the metal cart fits into. Whether or not it has the Euro Mega Drive cover on the reverse, I can't ever remember them mentioning it on Twitter.

Still grates on me they didn't offer a BKIV cover for the clamshell when they did for the actual Blu Ray cover.

I know I'm a niche market though. My fault for being a grey import guy through the 90s.

4. Xilla

Xilla

Searched around on Twitter for a bit and they only ever mentioned the Classic Edition it seems. Hopefully they'll have done a Euro MD or BKIV version of it. Guess I'll just have to wait and find out....

The balance patch is dropping this month too. I haven't done a solo playthrough in months now so we'll see how that goes.

5. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    The clamshell case from LRG is way too big. Happy with the sturdy outer box my JP region BKIV came in. Very close to the size of the MD clamshell cases.

6. CHAnga

CHAnga

OW OW *BING* OW OW *BING* OW OW Member
    My preoder LRG copy finally came in last week. The size of the clamshell I can excuse, seeing as how it's holding the goodies and all. However, the plastic covering just feels...wrong. Compare this with the clamshell case the physical copy of Aladdin and Lion king came in. That one didn't just look like a Genesis case; it WAS a Genesis case. It could hold an actual cartridge and everything. The tiny manual inside the standard Switch case is cute as a button, though.

As for the game itself, well I've almost beaten it, and it's a friggin' masterpiece. Right up there with SOR 2 as far as I'm concerned, if not better in some ways, such as being a little faster and snappier. Combos, attacking to recover health lost from performing special attacks and especially juggling enemies are such fun additions to the formula. I even played SOR2 for a few minutes afterward and found myself missing the juggling in particular. Even the default new control scheme works fine for me, to the point where I found no reason to switch to a classic layout, and accidentally throwing your weapon when picking up an item stopped being a problem for me when I learned to let go of the directional button.

My only two real complaints are one, having your combo broken is the worst thing in existence (;_; ), and two, enemies seem to be able to launch you pretty ridiculous distances, which was a particular annoyance when fighting DJ K Washi (It doesn't help that I was playing as Floyd)

7. Xilla

Xilla

Balance patch is live.

Still haven't fixed the Legacy Mode pickup bug

8. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
  9. I went in search of a Blue Sega Mega Drive Cover and Retro Gamer Boy on Youtube very kindly made me a version that suits the Limited Run Games Big Box.

Here it is alongside it's 3 brothers.

Link to his Youtube -

Link to the Blue MD Case - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vm4C2YpdZZgQ-hLp0K0QBFppozPn73wM
    IMG_20200910_185055.jpg

10. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    I really wish there was a clamshell edition for JP region BKIV, but the "retro box" of the Switch version will have to do for now.

[​IMG]

11. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Finally got around to buying/playing this. On the one hand, I'm really enjoying it. On the other, holy fucking shit do I suck at it.

12. Xilla

Xilla

So my Limited Edition AND my Storm Collectables Axel figure both arrived in the past few days, so couldn't resist setting up a little mini-shrine (got more stuff on the way too):

[​IMG]

Unlike the standard "Classic Collectors Edition", this one also came with a standard sized case with the metal cartridge inside - unfortunately my concerns about the cover not being reversible on this one turned out to be true. Currently deciding whether to knock up a Mega Drive version of this or leave it as it is.

[​IMG]

Of course, a stress-chicken was also included. Unfortunately mine arrived slightly damaged but nothing a tiny bit of glue won't fix:

[​IMG]

The main event of course is the statue, and seeing as I've never ordered anything from Limited Run before I didn't know what to expect - I was expecting some cheap plastic or something. But NOPE, it's made of resin and is a very very very nice thing indeed!

[​IMG]

And of course, the Storm Axel figure. Comes with a load of weapons, hands, 3 different heads and as you've come to expect from Storm, has a huge amount of articulation. Only slight drawback is he doesn't come with a base stand so you can't have him in his jump attack poses or his Dragon Smash finishing uppercut. Oh, and no iron pipe! :V But hey, I've been waiting near 30 years for a Streets of Rage figure so I'll take it!

[​IMG]

Also included with the Limited Edition was a poster (unfortunately folded up in a way that it probably wouldn't look all that great on display), the official soundtrack on 2 CDs, an extra CD containing all the "guest" composer tracks plus a new remix from Tee Lopes, a small art book (pretty much the in-game art gallery) and a numbered trading card (I got the one with the Bare Knuckle IV Axel/Shiva artwork on it).

Overall. Very nice indeed!

Oh and I'm aware my Bare Knuckle 3 is a repro so don't bother pointing that out :P

13. Mentski

Mentski

Pff. Member
    Parts Unknown
    Being a mysterious face.
    Mission complete.

[​IMG]

14. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    You love to see these!

15. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie

Holy shit that's beautiful. Looking forward to a public release.

16. Xilla

Xilla

Someone posted this on the SoR4 Discord (before it got slammed down by the mods), a SteamDB listing for SoR4 DLC:

[​IMG]

At a hunch, I'm guessing this'll be a mini-campaign with a few new stages and enemies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

I have to admit...

I was really disappointed with the final boss for the game being the Instagram twins and their robot.

So if this DLC does go where that title suggests. I may just bite.

Frankly I was half expecting that there would be another form to that boss given what you literally fight on during the final battle.

18. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    DLC trailer is now live:

Includes a new game mode (including at least some new stages from the looks of things), new moves and weapons, new music (courtesy of Tee Lopes) and new characters - Estel Aguirre from the base game is the first to be unveiled, but there's also silhouettes for two more shown near the end. Based on what we can see, my bets are currently on SOR4 styled Max and Shiva being the remaining two additions to the roster. (Here's hoping they also add Victy/Roo as a retro character!)

Also, a free patch for the base game will release at the same time, introducing Training and Tutorial modes, new character palettes, a new Mania+ difficulty mode(!) and various smaller tweaks.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    That is hype af. People have been pestering them about the DLC and worried there wouldn't even be any lmao

20. Xilla

Xilla

Those silhouettes are 100% Max and Shiva's.

[​IMG]

Looks like a mini "What-if" campaign set inside Mr X's brain, probably framed around Zan running an experiment on it. Also, that's Zan's early design (that ended up on the BK3 boxart and in the manual).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List