don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Wildcat

Wildcat

I really do not see how any of these are so far fetched when they’re based on solid indicators. Especially Knuckles. Plenty of others believe this. It’s not just me.

Some think Robotnik will use the quill to make Metal Sonic. Seems like a good guess but that’s more of an assumption when we have not even seen Badniks.

It’s true Echidnas were not originally planned but the Mushroom place was. Imo such a location in this particular movie along with Robotnik getting trapped there is just hard to ignore and call filler.

If it ends up really different and those of us are wrong...well it’s fine but it would be a heck of a turnaround considering where things are pointing at moment.

2. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    That's the question, things are not pointing, it's like Eggman and Robotnik getting stuck at white space at the end of Generations, except maybe this time they'll explain how did he escape from the irrelevant location he fell in. Maybe with the help of Knuckles, maybe with the help of another moustached fat guy also wearing red clothing for work. Or maybe he'll use the quill agains a special mushroom, or find a lost ring to use for his own portal... The only two things that ending gives us for sure are Tails and finally an egg-shaped Eggman for the sequel, and yes, probably echidnas, but not thanks to the mushroom hell (not hill, big difference).

3. Given how drastically they changed Sonic's character, I have to wonder how they're going to handle Tails & Knuckles; generally speaking, Sonic's always been presented as superior to the two of them, but with movie Sonic being a lot more vulnerable, I wonder how that's going to change the dynamic. Will Tails end up being the more experienced of the two? Will Knuckles not get tricked into fighting Sonic?

4. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    I just noticed the Sega Shop has the baby Sonic movie poster https://shop.sega.com/products/soni...ting&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ESGA210113

The blurb for it says:
    Is there any official note that says the Green Hill Zone island in the movie is Emerald Hill Zone?

5. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    Well, the town's name is Green Hill, so I guess it was safer for them to use the name of a different hill that was initially meant to be Green Hill again.

6. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

Don't know why the shop called it that but no, it definitely wasn't Emerald Hill in design or intent or name

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Wildcat

Wildcat

Ya it seems more like a mistake. Isn’t Emerald Hill the code name for the sequel? Unless Baby Sonic appears in a flashback.

8. Nova

Nova

I'm going to just say it's likely a little throwaway reference to a zone people know for the sake of a product description.

9. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Good to know, thanks Boxer.

That's what I would say except that Green Hill is obviously the more well known stage.

10. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    The town wasn't even called Green Hill, it was Green Hills which is the zone found in Sonic 2 8-bit. :V I get they were obviously trying to make a reference to Green Hill, I bet the writers probably aren't even aware of Sonic 2 on the Master System or Game Gear. :S As for the Emerald Hill mistake, perhaps someone was thinking of the codename for the sequel.

11. Nova

Nova

They just chose to use a different one. Y'all are reading way too much into this.

12. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    That's a lot of 2s in that title.

Hopefully it comes out on a 2sday again, like the classic title.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  13. ELS

ELS

I saw the movie in theaters and man, what a forgettable time. I rarely can point to a video that conveys the way I feel but for this I actually have one:

14. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Sadly 2nd February 2022 Wednesday. So maybe not a 02/02/2022.

15. RetroJam64

RetroJam64

I've never seen the first one but its interesting to see them make a sequel. Let's just hope its better than the 1st.

16. Ned Weasel

Ned Weasel

If you haven't seen the first one, then how do you know what should be improved upon? What if it's one of the best movies ever? Would you say "Let's just hope it's better than Citizen Kane" if you haven't seen Citizen Kane?

Frankly, I don't think the first Sonic movie was the best movie ever. The scenes where Sonic did a million different things in the span of a split-second seemed like dumb excuses to show off CGI, and the joke with Tom's sister-in-law was even dumber. But whatever.

Jim Carrey's performance was most of what made this movie enjoyable for me. I've heard people say he just "repackaged" Ace Ventura, but last night, I watched There Will Be Blood for the first time, and, having known almost nothing about the movie before, I was kind of struck by the similarities between Daniel Day-Lewis's character and Jim Carrey's more comedic villain. I can't help but suspect Carrey's performance was significantly influenced by this film. Has this been mentioned before?

As for the Sonic sequel(s), I just hope Carrey continues to find a way to make the Robotnik character interesting enough to keep the series enjoyable. I'm sure he's learned from his mistakes in Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, but it's also a matter of the writers giving him enough material to work with.

17. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    RUMOUR: JASON MOMOA OFFERED ROLE OF KNUCKLES FOR 2ND SONIC MOVIE

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2021/02/rumour-jason-momoa-cast-as-knuckles-for-2nd-sonic-movie/

Courtesy of Sonic Stadium.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    TheIlluminerdi is shit.

19. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    [​IMG]