don't click here

Sega Test

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Black Squirrel, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    A quick note that the second test opportunity is 8 PM ET on the 23rd--the only time that would be reasonable for Americans.

And for what it's worth, I signed up.

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    BUMP

The tests are tomorrow and Sunday - if you want to take part, now is the time to register if you haven't already.

The test times, in UTC (convert for your own timezones):

Sat, at 11am
    Sun, at 1am
    Sun, at 8am

There will be 3 different sets of questions.

3. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    I forgot the first session x_x, so tonight.

4. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Waiting for that 3rd session at 2am local time.

Edit: Holy shit that was hard. Too many Japan-centric questions IMO

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  5. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Yeah I definitely did ass on that.

6. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    I successfully managed to screenshot all 180 questions, so we'll have a permanent record of what was asked.

All 3 tests were quite difficult and some of the questions insane or subjective. I'll be shocked if many reach a 100% mark on any of them.

7. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Oh? I was under the assumption that the questions were randomized.

Glad to hear they weren't.

8. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Nah, they'll 100% have been the same for everyone, if only to prevent people "cheating" by posting questions from test 1 that could have ended up on test 3 (though the first 3 questions were the same on all three tests). However I can prove that anyway - on Discord a few questions have been posted by another user that matched up with mine, and Naka tweeted this today, with a screenshot of question 18: https://twitter.com/nakayuji/status/1353259189389332480
    My Needlemouse question was also question 18, and the chances of this being the same on randomised question sets is insanely low.

9. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Neat. A full English set then. Awaiting the good news that we have a full Japanese one as well.

10. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
  11. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I just did the test too... that was insane I doubt I got even a C. Recordded my test too, if you want to see it:

12. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    BUMP

Results are now up: I got 30/60, 27/60 and 27/60 for a rank of Moderate Fan, the 3rd highest (as opposed to Ordinary Fan, the lowest, Great Fan, the 2nd highest, and Master). Sega have been nice enough to do everyone a custom answer key that I've just finished saving out, so once the Sega Retro wiki is writable again I can put up a nice big and detailed article about all of this: I'm calling bagsies for the main write. =P

How'd everyone else do? I'm aware of exactly one person so far who hit the 60IQ level (my best mark was an IQ rank of 51.7 - due to the results split on test 3, my 3rd IQ was higher than my second despite getting the same amount of points).

13. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    I got ordinary fan ;_;

Overlord, any chance of archiving the answer/results? They have good trivia blurbs but I think I only have C available unless the answers were made available for all.
    Also a bit sad but not surprising that only Japan is eligible for the random drawing stuffs.

14. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    I fully intend to do this, and will be starting to write the page up shortly offline for publishing to Sega Retro when the wiki is writable again. I've already saved out all the answer key pages (as screenshots - the JS they're using is making HTML saves near impossible, though I have got the image files separately), and will be covering the full question set, full answer set, the trivia items, and pictures for all the test question and answer note pages (though I'm going to have to assemble the images used in the tests themselves from screenshots rather than use the original files, unless anyone still has them in their browser caches? Even the URL to any of the files would be useful, if they're still on Sega's servers. Getting one of the image's URLs with a tool like https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/chrome_cache_view.html would be enormously helpful.)

15. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
  16. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    Those are the ones from the answer key, I have those. I'm after the ones used on the actual test.

17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
  18. Asagoth

Asagoth

Behold! The mighty, the flawless, salted cod eater Member
    Portugal
    wiki stuff... and a beer... or two... or more...
  19. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    I'm intending on including that discussion on the page itself, yes.

20. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Silly request

Template:Collapse

Hide the answers - I quite like the idea of turning this into a test that people can actually take. Or rather, I'd like to take the test before I template it to bits :)