don't click here

Sonic Time Twisted Released ~ 1.1.2 Released ... unofficial Xbox, PS4 Releases... Now on Switch!

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Overbound, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Noah Copeland

Noah Copeland

Ah that makes sense. From what I looked at, the engine seems very different from other GM sonic engines.

If I'm not mistaken, you have a time table tracking Sonic's recent position, or am I reading that wrong?

2. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    I used a version of Dash for the 2009-10 version.

You are right Noah, it keeps a list of x,y coordinates previous. This is useful for calculating speeds and other things.

3. I don't know how Game Maker works with certain platforms, but because it was made in Game Maker, would a PSP or Vita Homebrew port be possible?

I know that a Game Maker version at one point did support the PSP, not sure how old it was though...

4. Noah Copeland

Noah Copeland

If you don't mind going in to it, I'm curious what those "other things" are. I'm curious why a table of coordinates was necessary, as opposed to simply looking at speed_x variables and such. Was it for achieving spindash camera lag for the sake of accuracy? You have me intrigued, sir.

5. AeroGP

AeroGP

Los Angeles, CA
    Sonic for GameMaker: Studio
    The table was implemented for general purposes. It is used as a supplement to GM's built in xprevious and yprevious variables when necessary, and is also adapted for the invincibility stars, just to name some examples.

6. Seiph

Seiph

Fatty Lobotnik Member
    Does anyone happen to have a full 100% to this game? I lost my saving when getting a new PC so I am kind of bummed after playing so long. Thanks! :)

7. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    I think I do with each of the three characters. I played it last year but I remember having the hardest time using Knuckles to beat the last boss. He can't jump as high against those falling platforms. I eventually did it. PM me and remind me to look for the file if I don't respond in the next few days.

8. caydanlik

caydanlik

I think bosses are often overlooked in fangames and you did a great job with them. They were interesting in design and mostly fair to battle against.

9. -T3R4-

-T3R4-

Sunset Woods Zone
    Sonic: Project Speed
    I played this game again and I have to say I quite like it. I think the in-game sprites of the trio are fantastic and the levels design and concepts are quite nice. I enjoy the Sonic CD inspiration that was taken with the Past and Future, it makes the enviornments have more depth to them. The story I think is also quite neat, I love the idea of Metal Sonic making use of alien tech. to ressurect Robotnik. I just really don't think Galaktnik is that great of a concept though. It feels a bit underwhelming to some random reveal of this giant thing that's Robotnik resseructed, I think it's a bit too far out there, even by Sonic standards. I really enjoy the gameplay and the majority of the bosses, most noteably the bosses that reference the Fleetway Sonic the Comic, like Emporer Metallix and a giant version of Robotnik's robots I don't remember its name, but it's in Frigid Fortress. Overall the game is quite well done with quite a few hiccups, but it's all perfectly fine. I love it Overbound, you did good.

10. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Saw this on Twitter and figured it was a good time to do a house keeping post.

[​IMG]

Someone on twitter that goes by the name @ruwpstudio is porting Time Twisted to PS Vita home brew. Apparently it was pretty easy with Game Maker Studio Vita export module.

@AlexKhayrullin seems to be still working on the Android port too. Last I talk to him he said he was almost done but has been taking a break. Sounds like he'll get back to it soon so I expect it to be released at some point.

Other than that I believe there are people working on mods to restore some of the content that was cut from the final game. So there may be some alternative versions of Time Twisted to play in the future with new content.

Ports for Time Twisted are technically possible for jail broke IOS, Macs, and Linux. I've mostly moved on from working on Time Twisted but the source code is out there if anyone wants to give it a shot. You can get the source code here including the version for the WIP Android port.

Sonic Time Twisted Source Code

Personally speaking I have been working on my next game No More Robots. I've got a Sonic style engine working in Unity and am slowly working on adding/making animations, music and level art. I expect to have more information on the game this year but for now I'll just leave you with this jog animation I made.

[​IMG]

If you are interested in keeping a closer eye on going projects you can flow me on twitter @Overbound

11. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Just want to reiterate that this is one of the best Sonic fangames I have ever played - up there in the echelons with the best of anything to ever come out of the fan-gaming scene. Played it to completion and fucked loved it. It was on par with how much I enjoyed Mania - Time Twisted was that excellent.

And this is just the perfect thing you can be doing right now. Awesome move right here. I'll be buying/playing your next game with a huge amount of interest. LakeFepard transitioned from fangames to indie/original games (Spark the Electric Jester) and did quite well and can now just do his thing making games - so I hope the same happens for you dude! Looking forward to seeing more on No More Robots (amazing animation above also!). Maybe start a dedicated thread on here when you have screenshots to show?

I'm sure Retro would be very interested and it'd be cool to have a progress thread.

12. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Thanks 360. The game will take me a long time to make so I'm not in a huge hurry to show off the work yet. But I am happy with my progress. It will be a Platformmer RPG with an extensive 2.5D hubworld to explore mixed with more linear levels, 360 physics, sword mechanics and light puzzle solving. All wrapped in a world/story I've been thinking about and drawing for about 5 years now. My plan is to focus on getting the game released on PS4 or perhaps PS5 and then releasing on PC sometime shortly after that.

13. REPO Man

REPO Man

And of course the Vita port comes out AFTER I give up on using my Vita for homebrew. But serious excellent job!

Too bad a Raspberry Pi port isn't possible, since the Pi module isn't available publicly due to Game Maker preferring to only toss out a few GM games on the single-board computer and that's it.

Also, how would the PS4 and PS5 ports work? Wouldn't one have to go to Sega and get permission to release? I could see STT given a legit release. C'mon Sega, give Overbound a contract and bring STT to consoles!!! I'll TOTALLY pay money to play this and I just some time ago beat the game!! I mean, Mania was great but only a third of its levels were original, while every level in STT was brand-spanking new!

Keep up the awesome work!!!

14. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Pretty sure he meant PS4+5 releases of his all new game, which I'll totally be buying when it does come out.

What might be possible is a Switch port of TT. People have been making injects of other Game Maker Studio games for hacked Switches by using Undertale and swapping out the relevant files. Playing this on the go would definitely be a treat.

15. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa

New Release build of Sonic Time Twisted now available for Windows, Android and NVidia Shield.

New Build Includes:
    Overhauled GUI
    Configurable sound volumes
    Improved gamepad support and rumble
    Localization Support
    Minor Graphic Improvements Misc. Bugfixes and optimizations

Thanks to Alex Khayrullin, Nik a Cat and VectorSatyr for all the hard work putting this build together.

Game Page/Download

16. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Cool. Wasn't expecting an Android or nVidia Shield release. Come to think of it, I wasn't expecting an update at all.

+ - But I was expecting not to expect something, so it doesn't count :P  

17. Oh wow!! I never thought the Android build would ever be finished, I tried it out and it works great. I might play through the whole game again!

18. The Game Collector

The Game Collector

Washington State, USA
    Being Ted Narcotic's bass player; working on Kelly Kristjanson's tape archive; collecting video games
    I'm looking forward to trying the new version. The main thing I noticed about the old version was that even after beating the final boss, the big rings that you found before don't come back like Sonic 3 & Knuckles. Did the new version fix that? Or if you get every big ring in the game and don't win every special stage, are you permanently barred on that save file from ever achieving 100%?

19. AeroGP

AeroGP

Los Angeles, CA
    Sonic for GameMaker: Studio
    The Special Stage Rings stay gone only if you succeed at a Special Stage, and they all come back if you get all the emeralds in a particular time period. If you're going back through the game with less than 100% emeralds and all the Rings you tried using are truly gone still, that's a bug.

20. REPO Man

REPO Man

Can Sonic Time Twisted be ported to the PlayStation Classic? I'm giving my nieces and nephews modded PSCs (running Project Eris) for Christmas and somewhere down the road I'd love to add more games and I know one of my nieces LOVE Sonic (I got my nieces and nephews Genesis Minis last year). IIRC they also have phones and/or tablets so if not it might not be much of an issue if STT can't be ported to PSC.

Slightly copy-pasta'd from my post on the Sonic 3 AIR post. Please don't flag as spam.