don't click here

PSO2 & New Genesis Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Yuzu, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Classic Eggman art Member
    I've never affixed, japanese seem to like to complicate everything to get even the slightest bonus. Btw, I don't think you needed to do that, I don't think it will take that much time for it to be up on the international servers once the beta period ends (ignore me if you're that eager to try it, since I don't know when it's meant to be released to the public).

This game reached drug cathegory for me, so I quitted the other day until the next mission pass is released, and I'll definitely quite after I complete that one since I won't be able to run the game after the graphics upgrade. If I ever get a better computer (I doubt I'll be able to in the near future ), I'll try the international servers for new genesis since I'd really like to see those graphics on my own desktop and I'll get little benefit from sticking to the jp server if the character's level and stuff doesn't carry over.

2. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Bumping this because the new graphics engine is already there in the japanese servers and I wanted to share my impressions.

The engine looks great, although it tends to get a bit dark, dark as in more realistic but a bit tweaked for horror movies or thrillers (it can cast really long shadows). Well, that's if you select the highest value at every option. Really nice that blur effect when moving. the kind of effect you'd want in a Sonic game to convey speed.

It's also not very demanding too; I know it's not asking too much to a capable enough, recently bought computer, but mine's the opposite to that and I could turn a lot of stuff on without compromising the framerate I had with the old engine save for a few slight occasional framerate drops on the busier moments.

They have a couple of technical issues for now, though, so my gold mission pass is already at tier 12 or 13 but I can't yet collect my rewards, and that pisses my off. I hope they fix it for the next week.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Good to hear it's not as demanding as many thought it would be. Seeing how getting a new GPU is near impossible these days it'll be nice to not have to rush for a new build anytime soon in order to play this (though it would be nice to have anyway).

4. Yuzu

Yuzu

5. Despatche

Despatche

Only 16 pages in 9 years? Tough crowd.

There were quite a few people who swore up and down that the campaigns ending on June 9th were a red herring and even that this game was going to be delayed. I can't see anything about the CBTs or the footage they've shown us that suggests the game needs a delay, though. We might get an emergency maintenance, but even that really seems like a worst case scenario.

Note that we're getting a massive maintenance from Monday up to that Wednesday, so two whole days to get characters ready, and hopefully download the game if Sega will allow that. They usually do let you download updates at some point before maintenance ends, even huge updates like the expansions, so...

6. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    I played the open beta. It was fun, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to keep going. I've been playing PSO2 for a year straight, and by that I mean I have logged in every single day, without fail, since the Windows PC launch. Pretty sure this is the first MMO I've ever done that with, so that's quite a feat, but I kinda want to take a break.

Furthermore, and probably the more pressing reason why I'm reluctant to keep playing: my PC can barely the run the game. During the beta I had HUGE frame rate drops when there was a lot going on, which isn't ideal for a game like this where quick response time is a must, or else you'll just bring everyone else down during urgent quests and even in regular exploration. Not to mention the game on lowest settings just looks like... balls. I've never really been nitpicky about graphics before but man... I need an upgrade lol. Unfortunately GPUs will be hard to come by for a while still, and I'm waiting for a deal on an Alienware laptop now that the newer models are out. Praying for a price drop on the older ones...

Speaking of PC's and system requirements, the benchmark for NGS is here if you want to test out your rig.

7. kyasarintsu

kyasarintsu

I had fun with the original game in the original Japanese closed beta tests. Back when this game was fresh it was really exciting. With no real expectations at the time, the game felt big and impressive. When the game finally got properly released, it was fun for a while—I enjoyed doing Advance Quests at high risk values and just plowing through hordes of enemies. I liked gathering cute new outfits. I liked just hanging with my friends and talking.
    The game's luster quickly wore off. The more I thought about the game the more I thought that it, with all of its MMO trappings and power trip design, was really not for me. I got into Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity at about this time, which more or less replaced PSO2 for me and was the game I would go on to play for hundreds of hours.

NGS looks kinda interesting, but at this point I don't know if I have the energy to dive back into the PSO2 world. A lot of the changes here are pretty ambitious, but I'm just not sure if I can commit myself to it. I don't even think that my aging computer, which already had some problems with the original game, has any hope of playing this.

8. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Manteinance has been extended, but I've loaded the game and I didn't like it goes straight to NGS instead of asking if you want to load the old PSO2, which is what I want to keep doing since the new one is too much for my PC too (plus I prefer to switch from JP to global for NGS if all the progress I've made until now will mean nothing in the new game).

I don't like very much what will happen from now on with the old game either: I understand they don't want people to stay in the old adventure with a new one here, so they're not making it "appealing", but, as a legacy game, they could have given it some "easy mode" treatment now; a lot of it was outdated thanks to the power and level cap creeps, yet everything still gives the same experience as before, having to resort to luck with bonus keys to level up in a desirable way. They're at least easening the acces to serviceable bonus keys, at least, but the game gets quite repetitive if the only thing worth doing you have is repeating daily and bonus quests time and again.

Sorry for the ranting, but this game asked too much dedication for the player and they're not rewarding us even in a moment like this.

EDIT:
    You probably know this already if you were playing at the JP servers, but now these servers are again region-locked with the usual VPN/proxy methods not working like they previously did, so people like me can't play the game right now and will miss any inauguration bonus they're giving. Good to rehab from this drug but it's not fun to be forced out of something I could do with no issue a couple days ago.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  9. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Been playing for a few days now. I lost about two days of progress due to the game suddenly deciding to crash every time I left the main city, and no one seemed to have a definitive solution. Not even verifying the game's files and re-downloading the whole thing via Steam worked. Eventually I found one solution that worked: deleting the SEGA folder in the My Documents folder. Somehow, that fixed it. I made sure to back up everything first though since that's where the game saves screenshots (if you use print-screen and not Steam's designated screenshot key), symbol arts and other settings. I didn't copy anything back though and don't plan to, which meant having to redo all my settings, but at least the game runs now.

So far, it's pretty fun. I'm even able to run it much better than I could during closed beta. It seems turning down every setting somehow made it worse... or did deleting the SEGA folder fix it? Who knows. I've only played Hunter class so far and I'm liking it. Good substitute for Braver at the moment. However, my character seems to die super easily despite using 13* (now 3*) units from the original game that have decent affixes. I guess the affixes from base PSO2 aren't as good in this? I also am realizing that it's going to be a pain having all the crap in my storage from the old game since it's shared with NGS, so I'll have to set aside a day to clean up and put stuff on the store (if it gets fixed).

The biggest complaints I have so far are the same as many people: the gathering system and the way you obtain skill points. It takes 24 hours for material nodes to re-spawn for a player, which was deliberately done to moderate progress. But there's one major flaw to this: there's a daily mission that requires you to gather materials from a specific region. If you happened to already harvested materials from that location the day before, and your playtime doesn't coincide with the exact time those nodes respawn, you're screwed. You just lost out on completing a daily and therefore have lost out on completing all your dailies for that day. And no, you can't go get the same type of item from another region; it won't count. You also can't track exactly where the nodes are. Imagine the herb gathering or mining systems in WoW without the ability to track the herbs or mining veins on the world map. Sounds shitty, right?

As for skill points, the only way to get those now is to complete the Sheikah shrines Cocoons and towers around the map. Thankfully, you don't have to get a good ranking on them to get the point(s), but you can only get points from them once, and some of them can be a pain in the ass to do. Maybe they're good to play through for EXP, but I don't know; haven't reached the point of grinding to level 20 yet but will later this week so I can at least reach that goal. If they're truly one and done, it seems kind of a waste.

Other complaints/problems:
    - Several glitches so far, including one where your N-Meseta can just suddenly disappear when you enter the city (be it through teleport or walking in) or just by leveling up. I haven't encountered this at all but have been depositing my money in the storage to be safe. Personal shop and enhancement/Augment aids aren't working. You can also lose enhancements made on an NGS-specific item if you move them in base PSO2.
    - The lag can be pretty bad at times. It was worse at launch but I haven't had it as bad since then. Probably helps to avoid crowded blocks too.
    - The battle power stat is... annoying. I get why they put it in: to prevent people with crap stats/equipment from joining urgents, but it's a pain in the ass to get it up high enough to do anything. Maybe I'm just impatient, I don't know.
    - Bots are still an issue. Now they use symbol art or they stand high up on buildings where it's hard to click on them to block or report.
    - Fresh Finds and Mission Pass are gone, so if there was a fashion item you missed out on from those, they're probably never coming back. I guess that's just how it is.
    - You can't use makeup or face paint on the NGS faces, making those faces look a bit plain. This is just me being picky, though. I ended up keeping my main face and the only thing I changed was one of my character's eyes, but because the new eyes are locked to NGS faces I had to use the default PSO2 eyes, and I don't have very many of those as I thought I did. Seems silly to not go for the new face type, but I like having pretty lipstick on my character. :3
    - The story is really... blah so far. The story in the original PSO2 had its ups and downs but it at least had a good start that interested me. The story in this starts... and I just don't care about these people. It also sucks that + - apparently that your character, assuming you're bringing them over from the original, has no memory of anything from the original. So much for being with Matoi forever.  

Having said all that, there's some good stuff:
    - If you're able to play on max settings, the game looks beautiful.
    - I complained about the battle power above, but it can be boosted easily if you have a lot of crap leftover from base PSO2. However, you'll still need to rely on getting leveled up and passing the Cocoons and towers to get skill points to spend as that seems to be where the bulk of your BP comes from. Augments help too.
    - Augmenting is WAY easier than it was in the original. Now you just use capsules to add abilities, and you need at least ten of them to get 100% guarantee affix (90% for some of the rarer ones like souls). You'll have to farm for them, though...
    - PSE Bursts are also easier to activate in this. Certain areas will have a meter that you fill up by following a specific map marker and killing the enemies there until a new one appears. Rinse and repeat until the meter gets full and activates. No more killing stuff randomly for the random chance of one happening.
    - Teleporting makes getting around a lot easier.
    - Being able to run and glide definitely makes getting around a lot easier. Felt really weird not spamming a movement Photon Art, but it was a good weird.
    - You don't feed your personal mag anymore, so you don't have to worry about feeding it the wrong stuff and messing up your stats. You feed a regional mag instead and it will give you personal boosts and boosts to every other player in that region.
    - The Photon Blast is now just a big powerful attack using whatever weapon you're using and not some spirit thingy that pops up and attacks randomly. I actually prefer this over the original.
    - Weapon camos can be applied to each individual weapon you have instead of being able to only have one camo at a time. Haven't used this yet but plan to; really want to use partisan and wired lances more but it's hard to level weapons at the moment without putting in farming effort which I kinda feel too burnt out to do. I miss exchanging Ex-Cubes for EXP Weapons...
    - It's pretty nice being able to just walk (or teleport) out of the city and just go places, no having to go to an NPC and select a very specific quest from a huge list of quest types. Client orders are still a thing though and you'll want to do those. In fact, the game forces you to do some to unlock certain features (though the original did this too, like Echo's client order to get your Mag for instance) and progress the story.

My current plan is to get to level 20 on Hunter class and then quit for a while. Though I hope I can actually commit to that. It doesn't help that I'm fighting the temptation to buy a gaming laptop; this game and Witcher 3 are really the only reasons I would buy one, and I don't feel right about buying something so expensive for just two games. Yet, I almost feel like I need to anyway... Decisions, decisions.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  10. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    I finally got around to starting PSO2:NGS yesterday. I was traveling the week it came out, then two PS5 games I wanted game out the same week and got priority until now since I've finished those. I ended up playing for about 5 hours, but I only hit level 10. Reached the second(?) point in the game where your overall battle power (I think it's just a sum of some of your stats) needs to be above a certain point to continue the main story. I grinded for about an hour and ended up 1 point away from the threshold which seemed like a good place to stop for the day.

Overall, I'm actually liking it more than I thought I would. The closed beta made me worried about how enjoyable it would be to play through the main story because of how they just strung everything together with some NPC text bubbles in beta, but the final game integrates the main story nicely instead of just being something that felt optional like the original. Performance is also significantly better than I expected after playing the beta. The main story starts you off in a private instance, and it was running at a smooth 60fps for me at the 2nd highest graphics level. I actually lowered it down to High based on my beta experience - the only time the game really slows down is when you're in the central city which has a bunch of other people around. After about 30 minutes of intro / tutorial content, you make it to the central city where you're able to do what you want. The game looks great and the main story plays similar to a modern single-player JRPG where you'll trigger cutscenes and instanced story chapters when you're ready to interact with them. Plus (so far) it doesn't have that awful Xenoblade X problem where the main story is gated behind requirements without any explanation of how to achieve them. Every story gate I've ran into thus far has been stat based, as opposed to Xenoblade X's "you need to do this random thing that we don't tell you how to do or where to go". PSO2's task info window shows you the requirements for each task/quest you have and allows you switch the target indicator to point towards the one you want to focus on.

Another thing that impresses me compared to the base game is the fact that I haven't really felt a need to pay them any money. When base PSO2 released last year, I bought the deluxe edition because it included inventory expansion and some classic PSO bonuses. With so many items that you could collect on a normal play though of quest, 50 slots was not enough in the base game IMO. I see I have 100 inventory slots here, I'm not sure if that's standard or if I inherited my inventory expansion from the base game but I don't feel like this game has the problem of inventory filling up too fast.

Given we don't have 8 years of JP content to catch up on, I'll probably spread out my play of this one to just stay mostly caught up with the story.

This is really helpful to know. I just assumed you got them at specific levels instead of every level like base PSO2. Was wondering why I was stuck with only 2. I guess that gives me something to look into next time I play.

• List
  11. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Yeah it's weird having to obtain them through other means besides leveling. But there's a big upside to this: the 20 skill points you can get right now are universal to ALL currently available classes. So you'll have 20 skill points for Hunter, 20 skill points for Ranger, and so on. That way, you don't have to beat the Cocoons with every single class in order to get a point for them. I was VERY relieved when I found that out.

Since it's been a few weeks, figured I'd give more updates:
    • Lag is better but there's still hiccups. Last night I had at least three instances where the enemies stop taking damage and everyone stops moving, then suddenly BOOM my health is in the red. It was never this bad on the classic PSO2 so it's kind of a shock.
    • Textures on old PSO2 items are fucked if you load into NGS first thing. Only way to fix it is by loading up classic PSO2 first and then transferring to NGS. Hopefully Sega fixes this soon.
    • Shop search is broken making it hard to look for scratch items you'll want to buy.
    • Speaking of scratches, certain classic PSO2 items will be remade for NGS bodies and will be made available this month.
    • The 9th anniversary of PSO2 is this month, so there will be an event for that.
    • Braver class is coming next month, with Bouncer class to follow in the fall along with a new Mission Pass and the ability to use Mag evolution devices from classic. I mained Braver on classic so I'm glad it's coming back, but I'm really liking Hunter a lot in this. I've also been playing Force (which I made my subclass in NGS) and I'm actually really liking it in this game compared to classic. It's just so much easier to play here. Still can't quite get the hang of Talises though, even though throwing little cards is fun.
    • There are now bosses called "Gigantix" that will spawn in exploration areas when it rains. These guys are level 24 and you have to be level 20 to do ANY sort of significant damage to them. Their HP also scales depending on how many people there are in the area (up to 32 max). However, this presents a problem: the areas where these guys spawn are the same areas where a lot of new/under level 20 players are starting out doing their "start of game" quests and doing dailies and such... meaning that the Gigantix's HP will be boosted just because of a new player that happens to be there doing their new player stuff, which can potentially result in them being yelled at for messing up the boss. This... is pretty discouraging to newer players who may not be aware of how the Gigantix mechanics work and were merely just doing their new player things. I don't think Sega has addressed that problem, but I'll give this advice: if you're in a 32 player area and it starts to rain, open the map and teleport back to the city immediately, then wait there for about 10-15 minutes (it doesn't rain in the city for some reason, making it hard to tell when it ends). Or go to Mt. Magnus, the forest area or the lab ruins and level for a bit (Gigantix will not spawn there) until it stops raining. Yes, it will suck having to wait it out, but it's not worth trying to fight that thing. Even if you're at level 19 with a decently powered weapon you won't do shit to it.
    I got Force to level 20 last night so I think I'll be good on this game for now... until the anniversary event starts in what, two days? Oy...

12. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Well, that was shorter than I expected. I hit the "To be continued" portion of the story today. I guess I should not be surprised since the level cap is 20 right now, but I was kind of expecting the story to go on at least a few more main quests prior to being sent to a new area that isn't accessible yet. I was caught up on the story at level 14, but I guess the amount of content is consistent with the batches we got episodes 4, 5, and 6 in. Looks like there's no new story content coming in July, so at least I'll be able to take a break until August or whenever they add more.

I guess they're expecting most people to be caught up on the story at this point though, since all of the urgent quests and the new PSO2 9th anniversary quests basically require you to be leveled high enough that you're already caught up on the story. I finally hit the threshold for urgent quests today and managed to do one of those, but all I've got left now are high level quests that I'm not ready to handle alone yet.

Overall I'm still pleased with the game and the fact that the global servers actually have the same patch schedule as Japan. But for someone like me who wanted to play it for the story, there were a few grinding points to continue the story that will probably be less severe once the later content is released. Since I started the game Saturday and played every evening since then, I'd guess maybe 12 hours was what it took for me to complete what is available at this point. And it's probably possible in half that time if you know what you're doing already and aren't playing it single player. I soloed all of the towers myself, the first one I did took me 39 minutes since it's a boss intended for 4 people.

I didn't encounter this and my costume is legacy PSO2. But I haven't tried any of the weapon camo yet.

13. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    It might be just the weapon camos that had that issue, because that's what I had glitch out on me. I don't know if the latest maintenance fixed it or not (didn't log NGS first to test). Thinking about it now I don't recall if my outfits looked bad or not, except for the default PSO2 character creator one I had on my main from way back when (you can select it when loading your PSO2 character into NGS for the first time). That looked pretty bad, though that could have just been the settings I had at the time.

I hear you on the story... it's kind of barebones at the moment and really isn't drawing me in like classic's did. The original at least made an effort to introduce a lot of the side characters you find in the lobby and develop them some (i.e. Pati, Tia, Risa, Klariskrays). But here, you have a bunch of NPCs standing around that only give out one or two quests and you're not given much info on them. Hell, there's some that don't even offer anything at the moment (i.e. the NPC that's labeled as a meteorologist). They're just... bland.

As for the high-level quests, those are tricky, especially the one where you have to kill ten veteran enemies. I managed to get my main and subclass to 20 by doing daily quests (which give a good chunk of EXP) and just grinding for PSE bursts. The red container mission you get from one of the ARKS Op ladies also gives a lot of EXP (used that to boost Force to 20). I also finished the veteran one by seeking out the easier to fight veteran enemies (i.e. the Crag Rockbear) and slowly, carefully killing them. Luckily, I don't think you need to kill each different veteran; you can kill the same one multiple times and it should still count.

14. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    I may have gotten lucky then, by starting several weeks after release with a few patches already in place. I left my base PSO2 character unmodified from how I set it up at global launch a year ago, including the PSO1 FOmar costume that it usually wears. The only visual difference I noticed is the skin color was darker in most cutscenes, but that's just the new lighting system. There was one cutscene near the beginning with what I'd call a "wardrobe malfunction", where the character was lying down (I believe this was after you get knocked unconscious during the intro parts) and the giant robe was basically spread out and took up much of the screen so you couldn't even see the character's face, but that was the only problem I ever noticed bringing over the special costume.

I had the urge to play again today, but I think I'm going defer that so I'm not wasting my time on what's effectively end-game content.

15. Yuzu

Yuzu

Just thought I’d bump this thread to ask: what’s everyone’s opinion on New Genesis today? Is there more content than launch?

I enjoyed what I played of the beta, but when it seemed like the launch version didn’t have much more, I kind of waited to see how the game would progress but I wouldn’t mind playing it again.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  16. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

New stuff (or sort of, in some cases):
    - Yesterday started the 4 week long winter event (not a Christmas event, they put proper decorations during holidays and that was all), so it maybe a good time for you to return.
    - Past month they added the new region and 8 classes up to level 35 are currently available.
    - The event comes also with the 5th mission pass, a featured that returned when they added bouncer to the class list and has a new pass every 4 weeks (which, as you can see, seems to be the standard period for bigger updates).
    - The mag now has form and radar customization.
    - There's also the battledia facilities, similar to towers and cocoons but multiplayer and strictly for combat, and these reward exp and items instead of skill points.
    - They added the title system, but you can't currently spend the title points they give (you still get old fashioned rewards like grinders and SGs).
    - There's also repeatable tasks now that you can retake every week (not the same as weekly tasks) from an NPC; these aren't reset with the week change so you can take them at your own pace.
    - They've shared they road map for the following months too, and there should be a third region before summer along with another increase in level cap and the usual new items including higher rarity weapons and armor.

If you ask me, the worst thing about this game is that the new content grows old pretty quickly, so you might want to return to it every time more story and map are added but not stay around too much once you complete said new content and level up your favourite main class. I have other complaints (and highlights too!), but I think that's the only relevant point from my opinion you could find useful. Coincidentially, I just stopped playing because I was overfed of new tasks and similar goals that now make them feel like a workload instead of replay value, but, as I said, that's my case and not really relevant to what would be your own experience.

17. Yuzu

Yuzu

Thanks for all of the details! I guess I'll actually check this out soon!

I had no idea that the new region had been introduced yet, so that's a nice surprise.

18. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Yeah, once you've exhausted the story and gotten your main class to the cap there's no reason to log in everyday unless you want to get login bonuses/free SG scratch/mission pass tiers, check the treasure shop on classic (which is pretty shit... literally the same 5-7 items every day, and the same ten fashion items in constant rotation. Not really fair to someone who may have missed out on something during year one of the game's global version), level your alts or subclass, or if you feel like farming Gigas bosses for augment capsules. Although I've been told that subclass level doesn't affect anything, yet I'm leveling Force at the moment anyway...

The lack of a Christmas event was a bit disappointing but I figured they were too busy getting chapter 2/Retem region done to do a proper one. It wound up being glitched anyway (the New Year's portion of it auto-completed for me on my main without me doing anyway and it didn't give the award) so it might have been for the best. We'll hopefully have an actual one later this year.

My biggest gripes with the game so far are the story/characters and, of all things, the character customization when using NGS bodies/faces. While NGS added a lot it took away a big thing for me: lipstick colors. The only way to get lipstick colors on NGS faces is to wait for a scratch to drop with lipstick makeup items and either roll for those and/or pray one shows up on the player market for cheap. Even then, it seems the color of some lipsticks depend on your character's innerwear/main outfit color/some other color tied to your character, but the game does NOT tell you this. People were complaining about how they seem to be monetizing character customization more and it seems this is one way. I'm still using the classic-graphics faces for now until I can get a reliable lipstick color, but it sucks because I feel like I'm missing out by not getting to use the NGS stuff.

In regards to the story, I said a few months ago that the story was not drawing me in like classic's did, and it still isn't. The characters aren't very interesting either, although they came close with Naderah (the bouncer desert girl they introduced in chapter 2). The classic game had tons of cutscenes that, while optional to watch, helped develop all the side NPCs and I grew fond of them as a result. Then again, we were given the first three episodes all at once when it launched here so I guess it's not a really fair comparison. Hopefully the story picks up soon but I'm not holding my breath.

• List
  19. Xiao Hayes

Xiao Hayes

Yeah, the story is shit, and it's completed very quickly, so all you have is grinding and finding red boxes. I haven't set foot in central city since retem was released, so, if they did anything for christmas there, I missed it. But the winter event seems to be that but delayed, so it's not like they're doing nothing.

About classic PSO2, they only released it in the west because they wanted to release NGS internationally, but it was pretty much dead before that happened, so no wonder you feel like that about it. They added stuff in late 2020, that's true, but just to finish the job because Luster didn't even get a proper NPC and background, they just added it and that's all.

No, it doesn't, but you still need to level up something else if you want to change your main class at any point, so I was leveling sub-classes up to level 15 so they could use 4-star equipment the only sub-class I leveled up to 25 is my usual one, and I stopped at 25 because, at that point, it can equip all the 5-star stuff, so I could level it up as main much quicker for the remaining levels. I was repeating M:Hunter/S:Braver like with classic, but M:Techter combined with either of does sounds very appealing, and combined with hunter it reminds my of the HUnewearls from the original PSO.

Btw, I'm a loner when playing this game, but just in case you need me for something, I have accounts on both the JP and the Steam versions, ship 2 in either of those. The character I use on Steam is a NGS iteration of the one I had in the japanese server, which still uses her classic face, and both have the same name: Juliette Hayes. I'll probably end up playing again quickly because it's sort of addictive even when it's boring, so you can try and throw me a pokeball or something. XD

• List
  20. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    The Christmas event in Central City was literally just "find these ten Mischief Symbols randomly placed around the city" and then you got some sparkly reindeer antlers. The New Year's one I think was gonna be the same based off of the description except with a Tiger Unihorn (cause year of the tiger), but because it auto-completed for me (and I think everyone else) we'll never know lol. No point exchange stuff or anything so yeah, not a very big one. I only knew about it because I've gone back to the city a few times to do urgents due to having lower level/BP.

Hehe, I appreciate the help, but I'm on ship 3. Kinda wish I had joined ship 2 when I had the chance despite how busy it was at launch, but alas, far too late now... unless I'm willing to spend the money to transfer all three characters over there. >.>

Makes sense with leveling in order to use certain equipment. There's an armor unit I have that can't be equipped until level 31 so I'd like to at least get Force to that before going back to Braver/Force. But if I'm that high up might as well go all the way to the level cap. I also can't help but feel that they'll change the way subclasses work down the line...