don't click here

Energie Verwenden Statt Verschwenden

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Rlan, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Rlan

Rlan

Oldbie
    A friend of mine dropped this to me today. apparently he's had it for years and found it while cleaning out his place. No idea how he had an Austrian booklet with him, but hey - I'm not complaining.

[​IMG][​IMG]

The comic-booklet was released in conjunction with the Austria's Ministry for the Environment, and was co-sponsored by SEGA to include Sonic The Hedgehog. The book contains numerous short comics and illustrations of Sonic finding ways to help conserve energy.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

I've scanned the entire thing and thrown it up on SonicRetro. It's really cool! Check it out! The only thing that's a bit crap is the cover (has paint on it), otherwise super high res stuff!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

Sonic Says: Remember to conserve energy, kids!

Fun stuff. Is it just me or it has better art than many of the Sonic comics by Archie? :v:

There may be a way of removing the paint without damaging the cover. A quick Google led me to this thread, for instance.

Gotta love this Super Sonic:
    [​IMG]

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Maybe a bit of an ask, but any of our Deutsche sprache freunden willing to go through all these and provide translations?

4. hiadlzupfer

hiadlzupfer

Hi there! I know it's an old topic, but I saw that noone reacted to the translation request, so here you go! :thumbsup: I've translated the first cartoon from this magazine!

I remember getting the comic in '93, i was in third grade then. When I came to school everybody looked at me going like: "Hey you are gonna enjoy THIS!" Everybody knew how I was into Sonic (and still am... but nobody else was.. nothing but Nintendon't kids back then) but I didn't believe them until I saw the thing. I LOVED IT - always dreamed about Sonic suddenly jumping out of my game gear as well

sonic_power_comic_01.jpg

If anybody's still interested I can translate the rest as well!

• Like Like x 16
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  5. Asagoth

Asagoth

Behold! The mighty, the flawless, salted cod eater Member
    Portugal
    wiki stuff... and a beer... or two... or more...
    Actually we need a good German translator to many stuff here on Sonic Retro and Sega Retro ... be our guest and have fun (because it has to be fun... otherwise is not worth the effort ;) ...

edit: for stuff like this ...

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  6. hiadlzupfer

hiadlzupfer

Yeah sure! I will check it out and try it when I have some time on my hands! :)

7. Asagoth

Asagoth

Behold! The mighty, the flawless, salted cod eater Member
    Portugal
    wiki stuff... and a beer... or two... or more...
    That's the spirit ;) ...

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    We're always interested.

9. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    That Sonic wearing a cape is exactly what I thought of the first time I ever heard of Super Sonic when I was a kid.