don't click here

Sonic Prime (Netflix Animated Series)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Dec 10, 2020.

1. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
  2. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    YESSSSS.

I'm a little disappointed about the "3D animated" part. I thought OK K.O. might have been functioning as a backdoor pilot, and a full cartoon in Hesse's style would have been incredible.

But still: YESSSSS.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    new_series_tweet.png

Screenshotted in case this was put up early and they take it down.

God I hope this is closer to the actual games in terms of setting than the film was.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Tweet has been deleted. Guess it was a premature announcement

5. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    The tweet was deleted.

Anyway, interesting. Could this be the worthy successor to (the admeditly mediocre) Sonic X I've been waiting for all these years?
    We'll just have to wait and see, but with all the Adventure references we've been getting these past few months I wouldn't be surprised to see an Adventure styled 3d series.
    ...or it could be a Colours-inspired cringefest, you never know. Hopefully it takes the best of both worlds and we end up with a great product.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  6. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA fucking called it =P

Here's the full image attached to it anyway.

Eo3PobEUUAAQIWk.jpg

7. The real question is if its based on the main series, the IDW comics, or the movie.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

This is probably a thing because the movie was such a roaring success? That definitely reinvigorated the franchise after waning popularity and Boom's total failure.

This will sound incredibly petty but I sincerely hope that the image used in the teaser is indicative of this series sticking with the game designs. I mean, I accept that it's pretty unlikely that this teaser image means anything, but I can hope.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • List
  9. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    Man of Action has made many amazing adaptations like Avengers : United They Stand, Big Hero 6, and they created the fantastic Ben 10 franchise.

If there's anyone I want on a Sonic cartoon it's them. Can't wait.

10. Alright, let's ask the big questions; what is the worst way this show can go south and lose your interest and conversely, what would actually get you excited to watch it?

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

[​IMG]

Also them.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  12. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I assume Sega will be pretty involved with this new series, so any changes the producers want to make will probably have to be approved by Sonic Team first. That's the way the IDW comics have been, to my understanding.

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The movie is currently the biggest thing for Sonic right now, and by 2022 the sequel will be rolling around too. I'd not be surprised to hear that this will be based on that.

14. Mana

Mana

Yeah a series they had to make because Capcom had a very specific idea of what they wanted from an American Megaman series. Not everyone is going to always hit but they hit more than miss.

15. Creating yet another divergent Sonic universe is simply going to cause more strife. The safer option is definitely tying it more to the main universe, but I understand the idea of wanting something different.

16. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    The smart thing Sega could do is incorporate an arc or two that would be used in the IDW series and have it animated instead. Work with both writing teams to keep it workable in both mediums. One would hope Sega would learn that dividing the brand is generally bad. But this Sega we're talking about. Maybe their hands-on approach to IDW will mean something for this one.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I hope it's set in the main universe this time so they can give more focus to the more neglected side characters. Please no more sub brands, although considering what a dumpster fire Boom ended up being (well the game part of the series which i imagine ultimately sunk that side brand) I bet they want to steer clear of that.

Plus I want to see character interaction beyond just Sonic & "x". I want to see Shadow and Tails or Big and Knuckles or something. I get that the series is Sonic but give the other characters a story (the Sonic Universe series Archie produced did this and I loved it for it. Save for a few arcs Sonic himself barely appeared in that series).

18. Mana

Mana

We don't really know what they're going to do until it comes out. DHX isn't a big enough company to ignore SEGA mandates like Paramount was able to so I think we'll get something closer to the IDW comics than Sonic Underground (which DHX's studio Dic actually made but whatever).

19. bookman the stinky

bookman the stinky

literal trash Member
    the dong
    find motivation
    The redesign wasn't everyone's cup of tea but the show wasn't awful. There's actually a good bit of fanservice between the redesigned robot masters and their battle themes more or less being arrangements of their respective stage themes.

mite b cool

20. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    I bet it is going to be Sonic into the Sonicverse.