don't click here

Sonic Acrobatic

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Mega Sparkmaster, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Mega Sparkmaster

Mega Sparkmaster

Hello! This is my first fangame, Sonic Acrobatic, which puts a twist on the classic game Sonic the Hedgehog. What? "16-bit"? Of course not, it's the Master System version!

In Acrobatic, Sonic moves automatically (left or right) once you press an arrow key. When you jump, if you release the space key and alternate between pressing the Z and X keys, you can earn points to get to the next rank (every 1000 points). There are five ranks in the game (E to S), which don't do anything to the game itself but work as a nice, optional thing to do during gameplay. A mechanic heavily used in Sonic Acrobatic is the wall-jump, which involves jumping while touching a wall and mastering it is required to complete the game. Luckily, there are no lives or game over screen.

This game is essentially a browser game in a Windows program, and the exe file needs the whole folder to work. If the file doesn't work, the folder contains an html file (also needed for the exe to work) to play on a modern browser. Also, Sonic Acrobatic contains assets from the original game it's based on, mainly taken from Sonic Retro, so thanks for the resources! For the resource credits, press C on the title screen.

Now, enjoy!

Latest Version
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qoyfmS9rJFx4vOKwb64IsxuzrnLB_Uvw/view?usp=sharing

Updates:
    1 - Added a reset button (R)
    2 - Implemented a boost-like mechanic which uses points - New sprites and animations for Sonic
    3 - Added zone names and an effect for the speed power
    4 - Improved title screen
    5 - Slightly improved Sonic sprite
    6 - Added a boost meter

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  2. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Got some screenshots?

3. Mega Sparkmaster

Mega Sparkmaster

Here's one from the title screen and one from the first level. Screen_1.png Screen_2.png

4. man, this game is fun :), I really enjoyed

5. Mega Sparkmaster

Mega Sparkmaster

Thanks a lot! I originally planned to do a direct port of the Master System game, but the platforming engine I had made had a glitch which inspired me to make the wall-jump mechanic, and decided to implement something similar to the trick system in Sonic Rush because I really like that part of the game.

6. you are welcome :) hehehe, I liked your game because it brings a different style than the other fan games usually bring, it caught my attention

7. Mega Sparkmaster

Mega Sparkmaster

Well, thanks for playing! I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

8. i loved this fan game ksksks

9. Mega Sparkmaster

Mega Sparkmaster

Again, thanks a lot!

10. hehehehe :)