don't click here

Dev Equipment from Sega (and others) accidentally donated to Goodwill

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Mecha Sally, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Was going to put this in general info but thought it might be best as its own thread. Was lurking on the lost media sub-reddit and came across a post with this Tweet (don't know how to embed Tweets on here):
    https://twitter.com/Sinoc229/status/1334003486866907142

Not sure who all on here is in LA/Orange County or thereabouts, but I figured I should post it here in case anyone can help and because it's Sega-related. Not good for this stuff to go missing, especially since the Sega stuff is from the Saturn era.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. This is both exciting and sad.

Anyone know's how GW operates? Any way to retrieve donated items that were accidentally donated?

Ugh, again this is cool, but oh so frustrating.

3. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Seeing as this was posted on Twitter on December 1st, I would consider them lost.

• List
  4. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

What the frack. Wasn't it generally accepted that Panzer Dragoon Saga and similar Saturn games never received any ports because Sega lost their source codes? But it turns out this former localization dev still had them and had been sitting on them all these years rather than, oh I don't know, sharing them with Sega? And now they're probably lost for real because of some dumb mistake?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
  5. DarkVDee

DarkVDee

Duke Of Palettes Member
    California
    Sonic DVD [CD2]
    Might as well close this topic since it's long gone by now and there's no point on dragging it on mich longer : (

6. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    Eh? It's not been confirmed lost so I don't get why this is being suggested.

Anyway, I probably should have looked harder at this person's Twitter feed, as they posted another one clarifying that it would be moreso Orange County than LA:
    https://twitter.com/Sinoc229/status/1334179905253240832

Looking at the replies, though, there's been no real progress so far. So maybe there isn't much hope. Fuck... I almost want to kill myself over this even though I have no logical reason to. Or maybe kill that janitor I don't know.

EDIT: Ok that was pretty shitty of me to say that last thing and I apologize. I'm still uber-depressed about this though. ._.

7. Gryson

Gryson

There is so little info, and absolutely nothing substantiated here, that I would urge some caution.

8. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    Damn them, taking away the thing we didn't have.

Don't worry about it. Things turn up eventually.

9. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    I think stuff like floppies and zip disks get tossed out by Goodwill. CDs and hard drives not necessarily. Depends on how the lot is packaged and all the like

If you want to sift through all the listings in CA or try various terms on shopgoodwill. None of my galaxy brained ideas turned up much, and don't really have time to look through all pages of stuff in CA right now. Also might be worth checking other nearby thrift stores for websites or auction listings on larger marketplaces like ebay just in case "goodwill" is being used like "band-aid" or "q-tip" when it could just mean bandage or cotton swab.

They have sorting facilities that the disks may be in. I know this from watching enough LGR. I'd check their recieving centers or what have you, but for my local goodwills I've only ever been in the store end and dropped off outside of them.

Edit: fixed link

• Agree Agree x 1
    • List