don't click here

Blue Spheres Forever 2020

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by erbuka, Nov 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. erbuka

erbuka

Italy
    Hi everybody,

It's been quite a while since I posted my "Blue Spheres Forever" on these forums. Since it's quarantine time, I've decided to by rewrite it, and so here you have it. All download links are on youtube (sorry I'm too lazy to copy them :D ). Enjoy!

2. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    Since you're focusing on customizing, you think it would be possible to make the player character moddable?

3. erbuka

erbuka

Italy
    Yes I was thinking about it because I wanted to add Tails and Knuckles too. Technically it already moddable, the character is a single GLTF file with 3 animations, so it should be possibile to replace it. But definetly I'll look into it and make it easier.

4. Tiberious

Tiberious

Yeah, I'm furry. Got a problem? Oldbie
    Not very familiar with that format. Would you be documenting how to export to what the game would expect?

5. Just saw this on YouTube, looks absolutely amazing! When I have a couple of hours I will download it and have a go.

6. Pexs

Pexs

Otherwise known as Spex Member
    Also, for those who have never tried, what are the build instructions? There's no Readme in the Repo.

7. erbuka

erbuka

Italy
    So for now if you want to mod it you have to get your hands a bit dirty. It is possibile but requires some work. First you should have your model in GLTF format which is described here: https://www.khronos.org/gltf/

The technical specification doesn't matter, what you need to know is that the game expect a GLTF file (not GLB) with internal buffers, and it expects to find 3 animations in there called "run", "jump" and "idle0". With Blender it's pretty easy to export in GLTF format. The file you have to replace is "assets/models/sonic.gltf". For now, that's all I have. Good luck!

I wasn't expecting people to want to actually build the game. That's why I put a binary download. It should be pretty straighforward since the repo contains Visual Studio solution. But I'll upload a readme file with detailed instructions soon. Thanks for your feedback :)

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List