don't click here

Sonic Dash, on iOS & Android

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Could it truly be the moment we've all been waiting for...?
    [​IMG]

2. RDNexus

RDNexus

Man... There's so many levels of wrong on that image...
    This is one of those times I'm glad I hardly ever read Archie!Sonic.

3. Pengi

Pengi

4. Only for viewing

Only for viewing

aka Superstarxalien Member
  5. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    Do I dare @ Ken Penders on Twitter for his thoughts? :V

6. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I gather this is a bit of a hot take, but I've genuinely never liked the hat Knuckles wears in the OVA and don't really get why it was a thing to begin with. It was unnecessary and overcomplicates his design, just like a Tails wearing goggles as standard overcomplicates his design too. At least outside of Boom though, Tails has only had the goggles when he's flying the Tornado, and that's pretty cool.

These outfits are nice enough for what they are though. With a few tweaks, I wouldn't object to seeing Rouge wear an outfit like that normally.

7. Only for viewing

Only for viewing

aka Superstarxalien Member
    Rebecca Thompson, designer of both outfits, talks about them on Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/bunzerker/status/1292854561519153153?s=19
    https://twitter.com/bunzerker/status/1292854753005899784?s=19

Of note is this one reply to another user's Tweet:

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  8. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    Nice. The hat is taken to the logical conclusion of "full-on Indiana Jones cosplay" and Rouge goes "female James Bond". I like them.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I noticed they swapped out the cool looking Generations robots with the dopey looking Lost World robots.

Lame

10. Wildcat

Wildcat

I like the updated robots. They’re cute and stand out more. It’s a nice little change after using the others for a long time. They also really simplified the missions but doesn’t really matter either way.

I hope they continue to add stages. Mushroom Hill was the last but it’s horrible imo. It’s to dark and everything blends. Not good when the goal is dodging obstacles. I never choose it at the 3 bumpers.

They got rid of City Escape which is weird. Not in this update. Before but I don’t understand why. I thought the street and signs blended here too (once you really got going) but it’s weird that they removed it along with movie Robotnik.

11. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Christ, treasure hat Knuckles really came to us on the monkey’s paw huh? The Lost World Badnik designs are dogshit and don’t mesh with the Modern artstyle and weren’t conceived with Dash’s environment design in mind. The new UI gives you notifications for things that you have enough animals to build even when you don’t have enough gems to do so and you can only complete two missions at a time as opposed to three. The icing on the cake has to be the unnecessary wait time for finishing a run though.

I want to be able to exit a run instantly just like before. I know it’s only like five seconds but it really breaks the pace when I’m playing more than one run. Honestly I hope they reverse all the stuff introduced in this update with the obvious exception of the new playable characters.

12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Tap anywhere on the screen that's not a revive button to skip the timer. I'll give you that it's not obvious that you can do this, but it works just fine so it's a non-issue.

Whilst you can only do two challenges at once, they're way faster to achieve than previously. That is apart from the "Deafet A Boss X Times" and "Defeat X Choppers" because you can't be certain about how often those elements will show up, and I just tend to skip the boss missions personally. And FWIW, these types of missions aren't new to they were just as much a problem before as they are more. All of the other missions are really easy to beat though. I now go into runs with the goal of either clearing a couple of missions and then dying, or chasing rings/a high score. It's pretty nice tbh. I feel like I'm getting way more gems now than I was before. Faster missions and more of them. The gem rewards for individual missions are lower I think, but there are so many more missions to do.

Enemy design I'm indifferent to. Guess I preferred the Generations ones, but these aren't bad. And it's kinda funny that the S4E2 Spikes are no more. One of the few things from S4 that managed to stick somehow is now dead.

The UI is kind of annoying, maybe? It's not a big deal. They're technically not lying about what's available to build, because you can use Red Rings to substitute gems, and you can buy Red Rings anytime (but fuck that). Annoying change, but totally inconsequential. And on this note, it's it just me or do the small animals show up from Badniks way more now? That's made finishing up Mushroom Hill much faster for me.

Quick question: I actually bought this game when it first launched before it was free-to-play. I've never purchased anything from its in-app store, but I still get ads. Restoring purchases dies nothing. Does this game still remove all regular ads if you purchase anything?

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  13. Pengi

Pengi

I really disliked the Sonic 4 Spikes, never understood why its redesign was so much more drastic than every other Sonic 4 Badnik. The Lost World version is a definite upgrade.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Wow people like the googly eyed badniks? Color me surprised.

15. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    New update on iOS just dropped. Notably, the update notes include the phrase "Keep an eye out for the return of an old legend!" No idea what it means, but perhaps something worth looking into?

16. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    So a new version of Dash just launched on Apple Arcade about a week ago, under the name "Sonic Dash+". I'm not a subscriber myself, but I'm curious what the differences between the versions are beyond the "no microtransactions" rule that applies to all Apple Arcade games. I'm especially curious how many (if any) of the event characters are unlocked by default, and whether you still have to earn character tokens during their events to unlock new ones.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I watched a video of a playthrough. It looks mostly the same, but the rewards are more generous and there's an online leaderboard where you can get rewards for ranking in certain places each month.

I can't believe they've supported this game for almost 10 years now. I remember when you had to buy the app because the free-to-play model wasn't too common yet. And in all that time Dash 2, Jump, Jump Fever, another kind of Dash Plus that briefly existed, and Runners were created and killed off.

I miss Runners. I don't miss that damn roulette. Threw my phone across the room trying to get Classic back in the day.

18. I preferred Runners as well. The art style really did it for me. I had an urge to play a few months back and actually bought Runners Adventure but it just reminded me that I hate phone games and why I never actually played Runners when it was out.

On a side note, I got so confused when I clicked into here and the conversation was just, “Who’s gay,” that I had to scroll back up to check the topic lol.

19. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I still think about the days I played this game a lot at release on an iphone 5, but lost my progress when the phone battery failed and I moved onto android.
    I thought I could forget about it but I still feel a little empty thinking back to a good save file I had gone forever lol, well it wasn't amazing but it was also from before all the extra characters and changes to the game happened so it would be out of date now anyway.

20. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    I just wish sonic dash was more interesting. They had the perfect opportunity to adapt the interesting bits and setpieces of the quickstep gameplay from the boost games, and just made a shallow temple run knockoff.
    Imagine if they added more interesting gimmicks and bosses, like maybe the aero chasers and interceptors from unleashed. Grind rails would be easy to implement and create spectacle simultaneously, especially with the opportunity for speed, considering rails arent exactly hardware intensive. Even if the chances for any of these are slim to none, I can dream.

If they at least added a hard mode of sorts that really challenged your reaction times and ability to quickly maneuver around I would consider downloading the game again, but alas, they're definitely more interested in just milking more red ring money out of 7 year olds by adding skins with the most unappealing, stiff animation that ive ever seen in a sonic game.

Last edited: May 3, 2022