don't click here

GO SEGA 60th Anniversary Limited Time Steam Games

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by JaxTH, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Pengi

Pengi

The fuss wasn't about the game. It was about bad management, shifting goalposts and poor treatment of staff.

2. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    That just simply is not true. The only valid point brought up through all the dumb drama is crunch hours, which is an industry-wide problem that there is no noble pursuit in singling out Sega for. Beyond that cancelled projects happen, everyone hates their boss, and stirring the pot on Twitter just makes you an asshole.

3. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    Yeah, it really sucks that developers are constantly put through crunch on their projects. People should be aware of the practices game publishers, Sega included, are inflicting on developers to get games out on impossible schedules. Hopefully tweets like Tim's illuminate the problem for people who are unaware of the unhealthy work conditions a lot of devs face and have little control over.

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    It's one of the reasons I won't work for a major publisher. Deadlines are more important than employee health, and they generally don't understand that when they change or add something later in development it adds a chunk of extra time compared to wanting it at the outset.

The other reason is conversations like this:

"Oh you liked Grand Theft Auto V? I worked on that!"
    "Oh wow, really? What did you do?"
    "I was responsible for making sure characters blink at believable intervals."

It's demoralising and makes you wonder what the point of staying late even was.

5. Vangar

Vangar

This type of mindset is why they kept in the 'the game is full of bugs' and unfinished messages. It's literally an interactive concept art and nothing more. If the game was actually developed nothing of what you are complaining about would happen. It's not a demo or anything. It's an early prototype release from an official source, which is pretty rare for us to get from Sega.

It's like saying "Damn hidden palace zone is really cool but why does the level just end, i can't even finish it. It's so disappointingly short and if I didn't download it for free i would not overlook it. Shame i can't break the emerald and go down the pipe" ???????

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
  6. Thunder Bro

Thunder Bro

I received an email today that the twitter icons as well as other content including a twitter header image and desktop backgrounds will be made available for download tomorrow, October 21st. So perhaps they just didn't intend to make them available so early.

7. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member

8. CHAnga

CHAnga

OW OW *BING* OW OW *BING* OW OW Member
    So um, I kinda missed out on half of these due to work/my mind being otherwise occupied, and I didn't get to download Golden Axed and Streets of Kamurocho before SEGA took them down. I'm assuming someone has archived these somewhere...?

9. Vangar

Vangar

AFAIK these direct links still work:

Golden Axed: steam://run/1368460/
    Endless Zone: steam://run/1368450/
    Streets of Kamurocho: steam://run/1368430/
    Armor of Heroes: steam://run/1368440/

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  10. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    In case anyone else is in the boat where they missed some of the steam sales, humblebundle has the same stuff up, but supposedly the next Steam Sale starts tomorrow too so who knows.

Either way picking up Kiwami 2 for PC this weekend.